Christmas chat thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( oh its horrid when they do that. Theyre so tired they cant sleep. Have you tried standing at her cot stroking her head etc?

that's when she naps hun, she has lunch at 11:30 ish and then we go do whatever we need to do uptown on that day. x

:( oh its horrid when they do that. Theyre so tired they cant sleep. Have you tried standing at her cot stroking her head etc?

yeah :cry: she went nuts and started trying to climb up to get me, she was so hysterical so i just picked her up. x

Does she self settle to sleep at night?

well kind of- she still has a dummy, which we arent getting rid of yet cos of the amount of medical tests she has (her last echo it took 2 of us to pin her down, and i felt like the worst mother in the history of this planet- and i figure if her dummy gives her a little bit of comfort, then who cares?)

but aside from that yes,
she was fed to sleep til 5 months, when she suddenly started going down awake x

Then i think you need to just keep her in her cot hun when she wakes up. She can clearly go to sleep by herself and she is old enough. I'd try a few nights of just going in saying 'its still bed time lyssa' and stroke her head or pat her bum etc til she settles down.

i;ll give it a go! i was thinking of getting one of those gro clock things, and seeing if a visual aid helps,
cos my brain is honestly melting at this point! i almost fell asleep in class earlier, and lol god forbid i fall asleep on the train! i'll end up in london!

Maisie sleeps better if she has a nap during the day. she went through a stage of not napping and ended up far too overtired which resulted in her waking through the night histerical. the only way i got her out of the routine was making her have a nap. tiring her out, often she would just play in her cot before eventually giving up and falling asleep. and then when shed wake histerical. giving her cuddles and bringing her down for 30 mins t an hour then putting her back to bed with a bottle and eventually she stopped waking xx

We ended up cosleeping last night- not ideal but she woke at 2:30 and atleast we all godb sleep (she was soooo cute too) i tried mandy's suggestion, and it worked great until she woke again and realised i was gone!
But we all slept, and she went til 8 am when ryan's alarm went off :) x

aww at least she got a sleep. as hard as it is and as cruel as you feel some times the only way is to let them cry it out. the amount of times ive felt physically exhausted. unless shes hysterical which i dont leave her if she is, sometimes leaving her to cry or whinge is the only way that works. i hope she starts sleeping better for you though bless her xxx

thanks hun, and we can't leave her to cry like that- she has a severe heart condition.
she's gone down to bed alone for the first time in a while so im semi hopeful!
whats everyone up to this evening?

hi ladies if im quiet its coz laptops playing up kids poured some water on it having right issues sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt :cry: miss u all!

i dont know whats wrong with it, it keeps deleting everything write or keeps skipping back on pages :cry:
cant live without my laptop really worried

i play first chair in the orchestra i volunteer my teaching at-
and this is what we were playing today!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6QkFhoDFQU&feature=related

thanks hun, and we can't leave her to cry like that- she has a severe heart condition.
she's gone down to bed alone for the first time in a while so im semi hopeful!
whats everyone up to this evening?

aww sorry hun, bless her. hopefully she will just start settling herself. How did she get on last night? xxx

amazingly, the night before last, we bought her in to co sleep- and she slept til 8 am,
last night she spent the whole night in her own bed until 7:30 am
and tonight she's been up with teeth, but has gone back down saying "lyssa tired, bed now"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"