Christmas craziness with a 1,3 & 4 year old!

catty

Reaction score
Im starting to get into the xmas spirit and will be in full swing after my daughter first bday on sunday.
Im not allowed to get the decorations up until last day of November ready for December but that foesnt stop me shopping.
We are on a bit of a budget but not only that i really grudge paying alot for things (haha) so everything i got was on sale or a fantastic deal/bargain -

Here is my kiddies list so far. Going to use this journal to keep up with present lists and activities/crafts we get up to.

Lucas (4.5)

Main gift- imaginext castle and accessories
Large dragon (spike from My little pony)

Main gift 2 -
Little people Car garage
The film cars large set

12 inch figures, leonardo, joker, batman and superman
2 blaze cars
Secret life of pets book
Set of 10 books
8 mashems
Tsum tsum figures
Monster high dog
Blind bags
Fingerling (hasnt arrived and they wont reply to me)

Everything was £130 (will just need a few £1 stocking fillers, sweets and pjamas - £150 max)

Evie - 3.5

Main gift -
Baby born
Baby born buggy
Baby born changing bag

Main gift 2 -
Enchantimals panda playset
Enchantimals fox girl

- 2 steffi barbies, 1 with bike, 1 with shoes
- peppa pig construction house
Shopkins puzzle
Monster high hedgehog
Beaty and the beast puzzle book
Tsum tsums
Fingerling (again no answer from company, over a month late)
Smurfette figure
Large bundle of shopkins toys. Ice cream van, dohnut stall and 3 dolls (worth at least £70 bought 2nd hand for £20)

Again a few stocking filler, pjamas and sweets. £150 maybe £165 after

Great lists. How annoying about the fingerlings!

Thank you! The fingerlings are annoying but at £15 between the two of them il cope its judt more annoying that they have probably done this to heaps and heaps of people (on amazon, 2 seperate companies but both sent the same email about customs)

So my youngest daughter turned 1 on sunday 😄 whoch means i now officially can think of christmas properly. I am thinking instead of doing an xmas eve box im going to do a 1dt of december one. Over the years iv bought quite a few xmas books so il pop them in and then crafts to last us over december and the elf! I also have xmas plates and cups and will pick up some more bits from the £1 shop.

My youngest got a few really nice xmas outfits for her bday so i went through her drawer and she has about 10 xmas outfits (some from my daughter) so looks like she will be in xmas clothes everyday haha.
Then my MIL bought them all an xmas jumper and i checked the kids xmas jumpers from last year and they still fit!

Evie needs some party shoes to see her through the festive parties as she actually for the first time ever has 0 shoes only trainers and wellies. So when i grt paid il get my son a shirt or 2 and her a dress and shoes to see us through the party season.
we have a winter wonderland day out on sat 2nd
We have my mums work party on the 3rd which is quite a good one
The 16th is my FILS bowling clubs kids xmas party that they go to every year.
Alexa also has a toddler group xmas party
Theres the usual nursery parties.

For the first time in forever i am OFFFFF work xmas and new year and the days around it which never ever happens so we have a babysitter and going to a friends party for New year.
So anyway im really excited lots to do lots of plans but not that much money

I normally get MIL,FIL, sister, mum,dad,sister
My husbands 3 aunties
Cousin x3
2 friends
2 young cousins
2neices 1 nephew

So anyway i habnt even started on them and i dont have much spare money.

My plan is to see if i can get any nice frames in poundland or b&ms and print off pics from our wedding (married in august) then for all the adults give them a pic of them or group pic at the wedding and a bottle of prosecco or wine. Im thinking less than £7 each. (For the cousins, aunties and sisters)
Parents il still spend a bit more and my own sister il give another pressie from the kids too.
I feel stingy doing that as id normally spend about £25 each but i ament using ANY credit this year everything is cash and tbh id rather use it on doing things with my kids than another bath bomb

I normally get MIL,FIL, sister, mum,dad,sister
My husbands 3 aunties
Cousin x3
2 friends
2 young cousins
2neices 1 nephew

So anyway i habnt even started on them and i dont have much spare money.

My plan is to see if i can get any nice frames in poundland or b&ms and print off pics from our wedding (married in august) then for all the adults give them a pic of them or group pic at the wedding and a bottle of prosecco or wine. Im thinking less than £7 each. (For the cousins, aunties and sisters)
Parents il still spend a bit more and my own sister il give another pressie from the kids too.
I feel stingy doing that as id normally spend about £25 each but i ament using ANY credit this year everything is cash and tbh id rather use it on doing things with my kids than another bath bomb

I think they sound like lovely presents. I'd be happy to receive them 😀

I think we'll have to cut back a bit this year too, we've had an expensive couple of months.

I got some nice photo frames in Dunelm and they were only the cheap range, so maybe worth looking there too.

So i was bad and ended up getting the cars 3 florida speedway racetrack it was on Amazon for £50 and normally is at least £80 so i snapped that up. I already have him the cars so he will be so happy with that :):)

The garage i got him is actually a little peoples garage and quite babish looking so im going to give it to alexa instead and maybe get some more girly sort of cars to go with it.
Hmm what else, i got some bits for the stocking ooshies, mashems a make up set for Evie, fidget spinners and sweeties. Kids are 10000% done. I do need to get Alexa more but i dont feek much pressure there as shes so young.

I got Evie some nice sparkly party shoes from next and lucas some smart trainers. They still need something nice to wear to parties, i checked asda but no luck there.

I got my nephew a wrestling ring and figure, my neice a shopkins popcorn set, shopkins scooter and a mermaid bathbomb so they are totally done!

We have never done elf on the shelf before and it came last night and put the tree up! Along with the elf came alot of questions - how can he talk to santa, he cant speak? How does he know our names? Why doesnt he move? Etc etc and im starting to wonder if i should have done it tbh theres more chance of them catching me out!
So the tree is up, elf is here, we watched polar express today and Alexa has her first xmas dress on. Its December :):):)

Sounds like the kids were fascinated by the elf! :)

Does anyone know how to upload pics? I used to use photobucket but dont think it works now

I use postimg.org and copy and paste the hotlink to forum code :)

Thabks Bev il need to try but my phone has so little memory cant even fit anymore apps on

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->