Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

I'm super excited about my shower too. I'm curious if i'll have news to share :winkwink:
I got a notice someone bought something off my registry -- i'm pretty sure it was my MIL buying my carrier, so I haven't been nosy about it.

Look my levels for after lunch (a bit late cause i'm doing a million things.... 106 ... that's not as bad as i thought!

I looked up the "panting" and I think it's baby breathing like I thought it was. Seems kinda normal -- many people are sceptical about it cause you "shouldn't be able to feel it"
The rubbing/scratching I can't get anything cause if you search "rubbing" you get everything you "mom rubbing belly" and that's not what it is. It's purely internal.
Been having cramps -- nothing regular or of length, so I think they are BH's. Hubby tried to rub and hug my belly but he put too much pressure one day and O M G the pain lingered... I had to bend over. I think he might have caught a BH's in action and made it more known to me. My whole tummy was hurting and stiff. He backed away (didn't get to see his reaction except -- I didn't press that hard LOL) FTF LOL

Yikes, I would have told him not to press so hard next time! Dh luckily just taps and touches lightly, baby usually calms down and then starts turning. Your levels sound good and those do sound like bh.

It is humorous when I sit back in my chair with my hands on my belly and I can feel the little one moving their legs and back, kind of nudging around. I pushed on their butt and felt their head way down low moving, so they're still in oblique position.

I'm eating some garlic chicken with dd, with leftover squash and broccoli, and chugging water. I've noticed much less hard BH with the constant water drinking, which is nice.

So much talk of food! You guys are making me hungry and it sucks that I get full so quickly.

Just a quick update. Saw my ob yesterday, she said the birth plan will be done next visit. That’s exactly two weeks away and on my birthday too. She also mentioned she’d like babies to be here between 37-38 weeks so that puts me at the last week of November. Eeek!! That’s just over 7 weeks away!

Hubby likes to hug, and I keep telling him he doesn't know his strength. He comes back and is like "demonstrates pressure on arm" ...and it's obviously different ... So he has NO clue how much pressure he put, and since it hurt me I couldn't tell exactly how much he really put either. Cause his normal pressure is too much for the belly now-a-days.

Good to hear from you Sushai! Glad to hear things are going well.

I still can't believe it's October, much less that within a month (and a few weeks) til we meet some babies!
I might have to find the group on FB so I can see some pictures!!!!

I can always add you to the group if you want, but it's pretty quiet on there, moreso active on here than there. I've been wondering how some of the other ladies have been, bdb hasn't been on here for awhile either :/

I can always add you to the group if you want, but it's pretty quiet on there, moreso active on here than there. I've been wondering how some of the other ladies have been, bdb hasn't been on here for awhile either :/

I'm kinda glad since I can't get on the facebook group

Yeah I was curious what is happening to all the ladies....
I"m not on FB much... only reason i've been active at all lately is i set up my shower invite and people have been messaging me.
Normally i'm a ghost on there and only check when i see a notice from someone that intrigues me.

I get on here cause it's something to take a break from staring at spreadsheets and the database program. (plus i can't simple do 1 think... i have to have a million tabs open and what nots -- i even have a chat window up with another friend during all this too! lol)

30 Weeks!!!!! OMG 10 to go and I just can't believe it!
Weekend was busy as suspected...I was so tired Sunday that I took a nap -- 3+ hours!
I shopped looking for higher protein levels -- sadly very few things have high protein vs carbs, but I tried to find some that were close to balance it out. Bought some crackers that had high serving size, so that I could actually feel I ate something and get to enjoy it.
Picked up my invites -- OMG they are SO cute!

Baby has been active all weekend too!
We went to breakfast with family and friends, people were commenting on seeing baby move. I had to eat holding the plate cause i couldn't lean forward with out the kid's butt jabbing me in my ribs. (it seemed they moved the most when i tried to reach for another bite. Ended up eating over half an omelet (restaurant style -- meaning it was HUGE) loaded with veggies!!! Was de-lish! Have the other half in the fridge!

dove - yeah, it is quiet there and I check here much more often anyway so it works for me too! I think we just have a smaller group and we're all kind of busy.

Star - woo, 30 weeks! Omg a 3 hour nap, you must have needed the rest. And that omelette sounds tasty, yum yum. I know what you mean about leaning forward, baby likes to crowd my ribs if I have poor posture or lean forward too much doing my daily tasks. If you're looking for a protein to balance the carbs, it'll probably have to be something separate. I buy mostly brown/whole grain stuff like rice, pasta, which is generally a lot healthier. Quinoa is good for protein and you can use it in all types of things. I don't know if you like eggs, but boiled eggs are a good quick snack too. I never really buy prepackaged stuff, except the occasional crackers or specialty cookies (lol thinmints) so I've always found it's easier to add a protein instead of finding some food that's a mix of both. Fat is also important, though, especially the kind in salmon or nuts or avocados. Just some tips, I know you're pretty busy!

afm - weekend was pretty busy Saturday. Dh worked part of a day and then we went to Costco. Yesterday we stayed in and I cleaned the house up with dh, he was pretty appreciative of getting it all nice and cleaned out, then he helped me make up an apple pie and we shared a huge piece while it was still warm with some ice cream (what a treat). My legs were pretty sore by the end of the night from all the crawling around and vacuuming, but mostly my hips were aching. Baby was moving around like crazy all weekend.

Hubby wanted to work on the room and I knew if I didn't agree to it then i wouldn't be up for it after a nap. I still feel like i could go to sleep for a few more hours. This must be the revenge of the energy kicking back in.

I bought a peanut butter snack ... and yeah ate like 3 pieces of it and i'm done -- like i'm not gonna eat any more of it :/ I was trying it, so i don't feel terrible. Sounded like a good concept has low carbs (13) and decent protein (9). I thought it would be better ... but then I found where it said "produced with genetic engineering" and closed the lid. Yeah ... probably why it tasted funny. Kinda wish I just had a giant spoon of peanut butter instead!

I like eggs well enough, just haven't broken down to boil some to bring to work or eat at home.

I thought about buying some rice or some wheat pasta -- but i think i skipped that isle since i knew most of it was "carb central".

We'll see how this week's groceries go, plus what the dietitian says on wednesday.

I always thought it was cruel joke to have nesting and get tired in less than ten minutes.

Peanut butter is so good, lol, I eat it all the time. I don't know about premade pb stuff, but I usually have it on toast or on a spoon hehe. I really like almond butter as well.

I am curious as to how your stuff goes on Wednesday, I hope you get lots of good info to help you, plus you're almost done so it won't be too much longer you'll have to stress about the food stuff like this.

Rice is good, I love brown rice. I usually add a little bit of bouillon for the flavor instead of just water. As for the eggs, I like boiled eggs in my salads or as a quick snack.

I'm having to take four of these iron tablets and eventually six a day, and apparently taking them with vit c helps absorption so I've been drinking a small bit of orange juice when I take them. It's really bothering my stomach though, so I am thinking I need to do it differently.

I like rice too, but all i have at home is an old bag, that idk if i should even cook it... add some soy sauce to make it "brown" haha But it's probably not the same.
I was going to buy some chicken, but hubby said no -- mostly cause he still hasn't thawed the big freezer yet (i keep buying stuff forgetting that he wants to do that and keep putting stuff in it :haha: )

Hubby called just as I was drifting away in my lunch nap ... so i accidentally fell asleep after 1 something ... I woke up not too long after 1:30 cause my arms hurt and i couldn't get comfortable again. I'm so sleepy
I haven't started "nesting" yet. I've always liked things "orderly" so honestly if I were left alone in that room i'd go crazy.
Hubby wants to work on the room tonight, but i think all i want is dinner and sleep..... He's wanting to have a yard sale around Thanksgiving! (And believe me... we're gonna have plenty out there! Might do a "fill up a box for $5")

Baby is been twisting all around today. I'm finding it hard to get anything done.

Jessica you have me drooling with that hot apple pie served with ice cream, yum!! I’ve been craving pumpkin pie badly. Here in Australia the most common pie to find is meat pies followed by apple. So I’m really missing out on all those amazing pies you get in the USA. The only place I can get pumpkin pie is at Costco and the closest one to me is over an hour drive away. I need to make that trip as I’m also wanting some of their chewy chic chip cookies, yum!

Star I’m also keen to find out what you’ll be told at your appointment on Wednesday. It’s just so interesting seeing the change in diet that has to be done to keep your sugar levels steady.

Nesting huh? I’ve been hit with it but I’m taking it slow as I’m just so uncomfortable and get tired so quickly. I’m going room by room and the bedrooms will be the last thing I need to fix. I want to do a good clean in the rooms with maybe a little rearranging if I can manage it.

Yesterday morning I got a call from the hospital saying they’d booked me in for a scan for today at 330pm since I missed the last one. Guess the doctor wants to see what’s going on before making some decisions on the birth plan next Friday. I’m all so excited to be making the birth plan. I’m so uncomfortable even just walking a short distance makes my hips ache. Just ready to have these babies in 7 weeks time.

Sushai -- I LOVE Pumpkin Pie! I'm not a big fan of any kind of fruit pie, but you make a pumpkin and i'm all over it! I'll fill everyone in on what happens at the class when i get into work.

I think i'm mentally nesting. I pointed out all the things that needs to be done around the house. Hubby is like "yeah...." hahaha But i'm glad that he's really wanting to work on that room! It will be awesome to finally see it all neat and clean (i've not seen it empty since we moved in almost 6 years ago)

How exciting!!! I'm eager to see my little bugger! This little one has been sticking it's butt out so much! Some times it doesn't bother me, then again they'll push so much i just can't handle it. It's not necessarily painful, just awkward and uncomfortable.

Star - Yeah, I like things clean and organized, as best I can with having young kids around. I try to vacuum weekly, our carpet is so crappy I cannot wait to take it out.

Sushai - I can't wait to hear how your scan goes! And it's crazy that you'll be having those little babies so soon. At least you do have a Costco nearby, ours is about a 45 minutes away, but we go every other week and I always spend so much lol. They are putting out their holiday pies there too, mainly because Thanksgiving is coming up. Pumpkin pie sounds good too, but I know I'll be having some for the holiday soon enough. The apple pie was great, it only took about 25 minutes to prepare because dh rolled out the crusts for it (my back just couldn't handle bending over to do it). I feel you on the hip pain, mine are really starting to get sore. I do feel better if I stay regular with exercise, but I feel tired easily enough.

I'm getting there, mentally, to go through labor again, but I am starting to get excited to meet the little one. They move around a lot, squirming constantly. I can feel where their butt and head are and now I can feel their little ankles and feet when they lie sideways.

Mine keeps pushing their butt up and out my side. This morning on the drive in they were kicking too :nope: Makes it very hard to concentrate while driving ... just saying.
Tried to get hubby to feel their hiccups, but they stopped just before he got close enough. The hiccups are really low so it's hard for him to feel them.

I can't wait til i get to see them again! I think i'm more anxious about this one than the routine ones! It's been almost 4 months I think since i saw them last! Can next week PLEASE get here already?!?!?!?!

Can't wait to hear about your scan when you have it, so exciting! I had one around 40w with my dd and it was exciting but I couldn't see much because she was so scrunched up in there. I got dh to feel a baby butt last night, always poking up in my right side rib. And I know what you mean about the hiccups, they're always like down low inside so I don't think it would be easy to feel on the outside.

I'm not feeling so hot this morning, I think those iron pills I'm taking more of are messing with my stomach. I spent all night with these rancid burps and then had (tmi) really bad diarrhea. So now I feel dehydrated and my appetite is taking a hit. I'm moreso upset that it could be those iron pills than anything because I really haven't changed my diet at all. This morning I am nibbling my oatmeal then I plan to lie back down after the kids are up and doing something calm. I hate feeling dehydrated, it makes me feel week and thirsty and topping that on the empty, gassy stomach is just frustrating. I haven't decided what I'll do about the medicine, but I might switch to a prenatal and deal with being backed up instead because it's less of a risk to me than preterm labor from lack of fluids.

I hate that you are having to deal with that. I hate not feeling well period! Adding baby in the mix doesn't make it any better.

I've been dehydrated before -- Scared the crap out of me and had to be taken to the urgent care to get fluids back in me, and slept for like 4 hours too. Happened at an old job... I got lightheaded, lips were numb and hands were shaking really bad, was starting to faint at the register... they wouldn't let me sit down or leave until my relief came (who was running late)....
I was pissed that day at work. I mean you can obviously tell i'm not feeling well, it wasn't that busy either.

Took a short video of my belly moving! Finally got it! Didn't get the spot i wanted, cause Baby decided to be in the middle/left instead of their normal spot on the left. They just started to poke their butt back out. I'm trying to pat it and get them to stop...it's not helping :(

Thanks, I'm sure I'll feel a bit better soon enough, but I am looking forward to lying down and being lazy for a little bit lol. Yeah I felt light headed and jittery earlier, dh was worried when he saw me before he left, but I'm doing a little better now that I'm nibbling breakfast and getting water in me.

Ooh, so cool you got a video! I think I got one of my last one, and plan to do it with this one too, so fun to watch after you have the baby and remember all the movements they had. They're each different too, it's exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->