Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

I think that because my placenta is in front, I can't tell what body part is poking me, lol.

I hear you all on the aches and pains. Sushai, I have no idea how you can do it with twins!!! My entire body hurts. I can't do anything. If I stand for more than 10 mins, I need to lie down, it's ridiculous! I'm too old for this sh#%.

At my dr appt last Wednesday, everything was routine, except she sent in her student rather than herself. When she measured my belly, it had changed EIGHT cm in 4 weeks. Is that even possible?? I'm thinking it was just due to 2 different people doing the measuring from one time to the next. I have another U/S this Wednesday with the OBGYN, so we will see if the baby has suddenly doubled in size or anything, lol.

Yesterday, in Canada, it was Thanksgiving, although we celebrated on Saturday....my hubby is such an amazing cook, everything was sooo good :)

Jess, I hope your kids let you rest some. I know that taking naps have helped me out (no matter how short they are)

I got lucky with my placenta. It's on the back and low. It's far enough away from the cervix to not be an issue.
So baby is often poking their butt out. I think it's a nice reassurance that they are in the right position! I feel a few feet/knees/legs here and there, but it's mostly the butt.
It's cute most moments. But when they get pushing hard that's when it become uncomfortable and i have to convince them to move.

Whoa 8cm???? That's a LOT! Mines only been measuring a week and a few days ahead... I think she measured from the wrong place! I don't think baby grew that much. You are only 28 weeks...unless you measure larger cause of previous pregnancies?

dove - :haha: I laughed at your comment about being too old for this sh$# lol. I agree there! I think my placenta is moving up a little but still in front that it makes finding the hb hard at my appointment. I am having the same issue with my fundal height, I grew a lot over the last few weeks and of course it made me panic, midwife didn't seem concerned and noted that the baby was in a different position this time as well, and it could be that her student measured me instead (even if she did it twice). Hope your appointment goes well, doubtful that baby has really gotten that huge so fast, don't think fundal height is all that accurate and some OB/mw don't even use it for that reason!! As for Thanksgiving, I can't wait, although it's a lot of work for us, and dh is really good at doing cooking with me but all that tasty food mmmmm.

Star - thank you, my little ones went and played down in the bedroom for a bit and I was able to get some rest. I ate my breakfast and am feeling hungry again but I'm having some gnarly cramps from so much bowel distress. It's really fun to identify body parts, but it's hard to do until they're much bigger. From what I know, the butt is bigger than the head and if you press on the butt the whole body moves instead of pressing the head and just the head moves. Mine also pushes like that, they all have, and the only way I've had success is to get up and kind of push them gently down or over.

Last edited:
Oh this most definitely is the butt... It's hard and big. if I do push on it everything moves. And the other movements near by are strong and leg-like. I feel little flutters near my hips and lower regions which i'm assuming are the arms/hands. Sometimes I feel "scratching" feelings in different areas, assuming those are hands. I can't tell if the head is moving through. I can tell where the head is mostly because of the hiccups. Putting Baby's head on my right side lower near my pelvis.
I think the baby moves too much to find out which position they stay in most. I'm just happy they tend to stay head down (like babies are supposed to!)

I'm glad you got to get some rest and some food.
I've been dying for sugar... so i'm eating a pack of skittles i opened yesterday (small pack...eating them as slow as i can) The chewiness keeps my mouth busy, which i think is helping.

I still have random cramps. And just moments where i feel like my belly has doubled in weight, mostly at night. Last night i couldn't walk without tripped over stuff (mostly my own feet and air) but just made the night interesting. Luckily it's a small house when stuff like that happens.

I made myself a grilled cheese sandwich and sipping water. Hehe, skittles, I haven't had those in so long. Mostly when I have candy it ends up being peanut butter and chocolate. I do like gummy bears or worms once in awhile.

I hope you get some pics when you have your next scan. I kind of wish I could get another scan, but I know it generally doesn't happen unless there's some type of risk going on.

I also get those cramps, and I get bh and still ligament pains. I keep reminding myself only a few more weeks!

Yeah, I feel like the student started the measurement too low and so it added some cms….I guess I'll find out tomorrow, lol

Morning sickness is back in almost full force....pretty much everything I eat is making me nauseous.....

Hubby wants grilled cheese tonight hahah and we'll devour the strawberries I bought too.

Also ate some crackers -- that are similar to chips. Serving size is 23 .... so buddy i was munching on those! But I want something sweet ... and i don't even think I can find the thing that is "sweet" that i want :shrug:

Dove .... i think starting to get that way too :sad2: I coughed the other day and ended up hugging the toilet! Now coughing makes me nervous, very very nervous. And the mornings are back to the "idk if i'll make it through". After i eat, or find myself super hungry and i stuff my face, I get nervous cause i don't know if it will stay down :? so i have to sit and breathe for a few moments. I'm just hoping that Baby stays away from my stomach for a few more weeks (like 10 :haha: )

Dove the aches and pains are awful. I’ve hit a point that the simplest of tasks is such a big deal. Even going to the grocery store to get one or two items is such an effort. I don’t know how I’ll make it another 7 weeks.
That’s interesting about your fundal height. I wonder if baby has had a sudden growth spurt in that time.
Also happy thanksgiving Dove!

Jessica so sorry you’re feeling so unwell :hugs:

Star, yay for capturing movement on camera! It’s so difficult for me to tape the girls moving around like octopuses in there it’s like they know I’m filming so they stay put.

Afm, I had my scan yesterday and dh was able to make it :happydance: one of the girls is cephalic while the other is breach. Both girls are measuring about a week ahead except for baby As abdomen which is measuring a week behind. The tech asked me about my previous scan and I was unable to tell her anything as I never received a copy of the report. Luckily they did the previous growth scan so should have the report there in the office. My cervix has also begun to shorten but is still within normal ranges, I knew all the bumping and grinding baby A has been doing with her head must’ve been causing some changes. She’s really down low the sonographer had the probe thing right on my pubic mound. The tech had trouble getting a measurement of her head, she even had me lie on my side to try to get a better picture but even then it was difficult from how down low she is. Overall it was a good scan even though we couldn’t tell much of what’s what as it was all just a bunch of limbs and rounded bits lol Ob appt is next Friday followed by another growth scan the Tuesday after.

dove - mine always comes back as well near the end, it's not helping that I'm already having a hard time getting food down. I definitely wouldn't worry about those measurements, dr google has lots of people measuring way off and having generally normal sized babies (there were a few exceptions). Hopefully your next appointment isn't too bad, and maybe it was a growth spurt??

Star - ugh, I know that feeling and I hope you don't have it too bad the rest of pregnancy either. I'm glad I still have a bag of ginger candies for just this reason. I also enjoy ginger and lemon tea. I hope baby doesn't get to your stomach much more than what is already going on. From personal experience, the first meal and the first breath after baby comes out are so intense because you can actually breathe deeply again, and food isn't so nerve racking. I remember powering that first post partum meal in the hospital like it was the best thing ever!

Sushai - hehe, sounds like your scan went well and yaay for dh getting to be there! Are cervix checks normal for this stage with twins there? Here they don't normally check until the end if at all. Ah, the gymnastics of awkward positions... can only imagine with twins, lol. I'm also in pain a lot, still moving around but I get tired a lot easier and waddle everywhere, holding my belly, and feeling all that pressure down low. Can't wait for your next scan to hear how it goes, even if you don't get to see much lol. And thanks for the well wishes, I'm struggling through a bowl of brown rice I made last night and feeling my tummy tighten up. Hoping I'll be back to normal soon enough. Luckily my gassy stomach has settled and it doesn't taste like sulfur anymore either.

Chugging the water is helping me feel a lot more human, and I plan to make a simple soup for dinner tonight. I haven't talked to my mw yet about the iron, but I have an unopened bottle of the prenatals I used to take in my other pregnancies that I'll likely start taking tomorrow. I imagine I'll get backed up a bit from them, but it's a lot better than dehydration and loose watery stools.

Jessica I’ve had my cervix checked at every scan, I guess it’s because of all the extra weight and pressure. A lot of twin mums seem to have shortening much sooner. I seem to be an exception lol then again with all my pregnancies everything seems to hold tight until my waters break then everything goes so quickly.

Crazy they check you so often, but it's good to know. I'm also the same where I'm long and high until there's action and then it goes fast. HAs your water broken in all subsequent pregnancies for you?? Mine was broken for me the first two, but with dd it happened at home when I sat up in bed at night. Sadly contractions never immediately followed.

I'm glad everyone is doing well...(for the most part) besides the aches and pains of pregnancy.
I agree that in this last stretch it's getting tough. I ache so much. My right hip and leg especially. I'm finding it hard to do much of anything. Especially rolling out if bed to pee 7-10 times a night. Lol.
Breathing is still really difficult and obviously harder as the weeks pass.
I did have a chiropractor appt today. I'm hoping that opens things up.
It's crazy to think we will all be having our babies soon :lol:
I have my growth scan Monday coming so ikk get one last peek at this little guy.

Jessica in all my pregnancies my waters have broken in their own. I was in early labour with my first for 3 days before they finally went. Funnily enough though with all three my waters have broken around 3-4am. With my youngest my waters broke but contractions didn’t start for a few hours then they came hard and fast. I let all my carers know that once I hit 5cm it takes one hour for them to be born, that’s how it’s been with all 3. Were your labours long?

Ss_momma_of_2 sorry you’re also feeling all the aches and pains of the final stretch. Hope the chiropractor is able to help you out. Yay for a growth scan though.

I got to try out my pregnancy belt today at the store--woo hoo, I think it made a difference. I have been worrying about how I was going to take the kids to the pumpkin patch and trick or treating this year, without being able to walk more than 10 mins. I REALLY hope this does the trick!

Sushai--not sure if they have this option there, but for the last....maybe 5 weeks, I have been ordering my groceries online, and then going to the store to pick it up the next day!! They even put it in the car for me, I don't have to even get out! It has seriously saved me. It also means that I won't have to go shopping with a newborn. Best. Thing. Ever!

Sushai - I was induced with my second and third, but labor took awhile (about 6-8 hours) but when I'd hit around 7 cm it went fast, about an hour and then three pushes and they were out. My first labor started naturally and I went in but it slowed but he was born about 16 hours later or so (not bad for a first time labor really).

dove - I hope that belt works out for you! Sorry you're having so much discomfort, it really sucks feeling huge and uncomfortable. The good news is that our little ones will be here soon :)

ss - hoping that the remainder of your pregnancy goes smoothly and less painful and that you have some luck at the chiro!

Wow you girls have been busy! lol! I hate getting behind! Hope everyone is doing good (I'll read up after my update). I've been busy planning and getting ready for DD's birthday which was today, so it's been busy busy.

SO, I ended up in L&D the other night for monitoring because I was having maybe 7-8 Braxton Hicks in an hour and it continued well into 3 hours even after I laid down. Thankfully they said they were just braxton hicks and weren't a concern after monitoring me for two hours. So that was a scare, but all's well with baby boy :)

Today I saw my OB and had my ultrasound! Little guy is growing perfectly, right in the 40th percentile, so right where he should be for the gestation. They estimated about 3lb 8oz. He was being a stubborn little guy, though because he was facing my back the whole time and wouldn't give us a good face shot, lol. He is head down and, since he's facing my back, it confirms that what I've been feeling him push out is his little tush lol!

On the GD front, my OB was highly impressed with my numbers and told me that since I have a week of perfect numbers and was barely over the threshold they don't need to see me for 2 weeks, and that she's fine with me just testing 3 days a week instead of every day. Honestly, I don't think I have a problem with it because my BIG test was tonight with DD's birthday celebration (the real party is Saturday). My parents took us to Chuck-E-Cheese and I ate 3 slices of pizza and 2 cupcakes (lol), and my number was 110 at 2 hours and they want it under 120. So, yeah... BUT I will continue with cutting my carbs and eating healthy anyway, just to be safe :)

So glad you're okay and it was just Braxton hicks! And those sound like great glucose numbers. Hope your dd party goes well this weekend. Mmm cupcakes lol. Glad your scan also went okay, even with a stubborn ds...

Whew ... I just read a lot and i can't even remember half of it.
Nice to see some updates. Hope our pains go away gracefully soon!

Had my "diabetes" class today. There were only 2 of us, and i'm glad cause it still too almost 3 hours.
I got a booklet that tells me all about what GD is how it affects baby... what I'll have to do for the years following ....
And then it goes into all the "servings" definitions and what i can have of <insert giant list of foods>

I need to sit and look at what all i can actually eat. Luckily it's mainly carb counting. Most proteins and non-starchy veggies are free, so i get to indulge in those. The dietitian gave me numbers i have to stay below (try to not get too low either). She also gave me times that I need to be eating to give myself time, to digest properly i guess, mainly 2 hours between meals/snacks.
I'm also supposed to be gaining weight ... i think she said 3lbs per something .... I know it's not for remaining weeks cause that's too much >,< So i guess we'll have to see if i gain weight.
I don't have to test my snacks, which is nice, but i do have to hit all the meals (which i was skipping breakfast cause a poptart wasn't a "meal" imo. but .... no more pop tarts T_T )

It's gonna be interesting.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"