Christmas (December) Babies 2018!

Jess I'm not sure what we'll be making or doing this year for the holidays... So right now i think we're just gonna play it by ear.

Hubby was cleaning yesterday and noticed we have a roof leak in the attic .... URGH!
He took a video of it... So during the heavy rain it was a steady drip. We're hoping that it is only an issue with the rain. But he's needing it to dry out so they can inspect it a little more. But .... it's more than a simple roof repair too. One of the boards that run across the top of the house is cracked O_O

These finger pricks are starting to bother me. I turned the dial down two notches. But they hurt well after the prick. I really wish i could stab my arm or something instead of my fingers :(

I've been looking for a planner that i can either print or buy ... and none that i have found seem to be anything i want to use. and $40 is just too much to put into the system i have been using and throw away half the book cause they don't start in January.

Good morning, ladies!

Sushai - hope you can get your thyroid meds worked out! Sucks when you're so close to the end and feeling so bleh about it all :/. Hopefully antibodies are okay as well. I am rh negative so hospitals make a big deal out of it with me, but dh is also A neg and this is definitely our last. As for the food, I'll send you some virtual snacks hehe.

MrsDuck - I am almost to that mindset of "almost done, get this baby out". I hope your household feels better soon, being sick sucks!

Star - our roof is shot as well, and we have an older vinyl roof, so the entire thing will likely have to be replaced. The lumber underneath where we think is leaking is going to have to be replaced as well, if not a lot more. I hope you guys are able to repair it asap, especially with all that rain and storm you get from hurricanes and such. Sorry about the pricks, I can't really help you there either.

Afm, luckily this message got saved because my power went out right in the middle of typing. 33 weeks today! Only a few more until full term and so close to the end. I sure feel tired a lot more easily and I waddle everywhere. Dh still compliments the way I look so that helps a bit, but I really do feel like a whale at this point. It's starting to get so cold in the mornings, I actually put on pants this morning to stay comfortable under my blanket until the heater came on.

Sushai -- Ew... I'm sorry you are going through all that Thyroid stuff. But at least it's almost over, and things should work their way back to normal with that soon (right?)

I'm not exactly at the point of "get this baby out" ... but i am finding it hard to sit up in my work chair -- i'm seriously about to move my monitors to the edge of the desk so i can see what is on them. I'm only comfortable when leaning back since baby keeps sticking their butt up on my rib, and when they move around other areas hurt while sitting up.

[One thing I do like about the new forums, is i can type something.... forget that i was typing and it saves it if I refresh the page!]

Jess I'm not sure what we'll be making or doing this year for the holidays... So right now i think we're just gonna play it by ear.

Hubby was cleaning yesterday and noticed we have a roof leak in the attic .... URGH!
He took a video of it... So during the heavy rain it was a steady drip. We're hoping that it is only an issue with the rain. But he's needing it to dry out so they can inspect it a little more. But .... it's more than a simple roof repair too. One of the boards that run across the top of the house is cracked O_O

These finger pricks are starting to bother me. I turned the dial down two notches. But they hurt well after the prick. I really wish i could stab my arm or something instead of my fingers :(

I've been looking for a planner that i can either print or buy ... and none that i have found seem to be anything i want to use. and $40 is just too much to put into the system i have been using and throw away half the book cause they don't start in January.

There are quite a few apps, take a look!

I'm not quite there either, but I know I will soon. I'm getting super irritable about anything already lol. And I know that feeling of baby in the ribs, I definitely have to keep decent posture or else it is uncomfortable.

Dove -- you are talking about the planner right? I use my phone for some things, but i like to write it down stuff for the day. I use my phone for a "monthly" overview, but miss quite a few things that aren't repeatable (like certain bills that never due on the same day)
I'm super cheap ...so if i have to pay for the app i won't use it, or have to pay more than $40 i don't touch it. Most of the planners I got were either on sale or i justified paying that much.
Another issue i have is I loose interest in the layout quickly. So I'll probably end up making my own where the layout is different every week... Til i really find one that I like.

Jess -- The irritation is definitely here .... I am getting mad and short tempered at nearly everything! LOL I have to stop, take a deep breath and then attempt the task again. I was about to throw my phone across the room cause it wouldn't connect to charge (not that that would have done anything but bust the wall, get me fired, possibly injure myself, mess up the computer ..... i can go on haha (the phone has a new case so i doubt the phone would be hurt, but I was about to bend it in half))

I use regular notebooks for journals and planning, and my phone for notifications. And I know what you mean about the irritability. My kids have been driving me nuts the past few days. Dh is usually really good at calming me down and getting me to think first. I remember when I had an iphone it was nothing but problems with charging, and I went to cables like crazy because they're such bad quality. Dh wanted to drive a nail through his before he returned it (lmao). I'm not usually this bad off with my moods either, so I know it's pregnancy and feeling tired in my body and just to that point where I want to relax and can't.

My phone normally charges quite well, it just has it's moments... Today i got it down to 1% and it's still on, another day it can be 18% and cut off. I don't get it but that's what it does. I was just so pissed cause Hubby called to tell me something and it cut off in the middle of his explanation.

Anyways .....
9 Weeks to go!!! O_O I can't believe it's that close!

That also means 9 weeks of this stupid diet!!!!
I already told Hubby i want a cake in my hospital bag! :haha:
I found a cereal that has just over my limit for the serving size (and just i mean like 1 point) So i rationed myself out a few snack bowls and bringing them for Breakfast and a snack. I'm not a huge cereal person, but i've been looking for something that i'll actually eat -- finger food really -- to make me feel like i'm eating something and getting full off it (cause such small portion) Btw ... cereal portion 3/4 cup! LOL it's amazing how LITTLE that is!
I got all the stuff to make my Kato Banana Nut Muffins. So i'll probably make that in the next few days. Waiting on my Bananas to "die" some more.
Read the Pumpkin Pie can while at the store -- I SO can have some regular pie, so i'm gonna be making that!
Bought a few more lunch snacks (which i always fail at finding something that holds me long enough to make it through dinner)

Happy 31 weeks star, glad you are finding stuff you can eat and I love wanting a cake in your hospital bag haha

Gosh where are the weeks going aaagh I'm starting to get a little scared about getting this little critter out eeek!
I had a busy weekend of school kids birthday parties and a busy morning of food shopping and washing, I'm now just having a little catchup before off to pick up dd from school.

Thanks Mrs.Duck! So crazy how fast everything is going! Someone asked me when I started showing...and i'm like :shrug: I'm too close to it, maybe last month? :haha:

Went shopping with my list of foods, so that helped. Tried not to buy the store out. Testing trying things.
Found that I can have Hamburger Helper (certain ones) So I bought a few more and had that for dinner last night. And bought some wheat spaghetti to try out.

I did well getting sorta caught up on dishes. I have a few plates left and random bowls. So the Kitchen is semi "neater"

Hubby talked with his dad about our roof. Says it seems like a easy fix, just need to dry it out, and tar it up, might need some new shingles.
Also ... We're removing the gutters!!!!!! *throws confetti* OMG Such a relief! We have too many freakin trees!!! They are ALWAYS full, even if you clean them the day before. We're leaving the ones over the doors but the rest are coming down!!!

Good morning, ladies!

MrsDuck - I am so anxious about labor, but I know I can do it, I did it three times before, so hopefully we'll all have smooth deliveries and we'll soon have our little ones out with us! Sounds like you're pretty busy, hope you are getting some relaxing time in there as well :)

Star - Yaay, happy 31 weeks! Sounds like you have an apple phone, lol, mine did that stuff as well. It was so frustrating, I remember it well. As for the cereal, if you mean like the boxed stuff, that stuff doesn't last long at all, at least for me, I'd go crazy eating just that for breakfast. I think the only time I end up eating cereal is for a treat. Hope you can get your roof done up soon, we will have to wait until we've saved up enough to fix ours, which will cost a few thousand dollars. And woohoo for getting caught up on dishes, anything is better than nothing, right??

Afm, my weekend was rather uneventful, dh worked Saturday and yesterday we did relaxed and did basic house cleaning. I didn't get to vacuum so I'll likely be doing that today or tomorrow, depending on how I feel. Tomorrow is my midwife appointment and I am a bit anxious to hear what she will say about the iron stuff, since I stopped taking the one that she recommended. We'll see how it goes, because I'm taking an iron supplement in my prenatal now, which is better than nothing. Only a few more days and I'll be starting the raspberry leaf tea. Baby is constantly lying with their butt in my right rib and head down near my left hip, squirming and squiggling constantly.

Oooo Baby kicked my rib last night ](*,)
I was when i was half awake, dealing with my arm hurting and had to pee, trying to get back to sleep was almost impossible.

My ultrasound is Wednesday! I'm SO anxious about this one. I can't wait to see how little one is doing! I mean i know they are fine, they've been moving enough. Probably like me -- can't sit still to save my life! haha
I'm hoping that everything is in the right percentage for growth and stuffs. Baby constantly measuring the same "overage" each visit, so i honestly don't think that's bad.

Yeah I got iphones.... We got them to help Hubby's parents who (sadly) got new phones waaaay before us. I was wanting a Galaxy when we were looking, but getting the same phone was a top priority, so yeah.... And it hasn't totally died yet, so we'll probably have them until they stop working. No one does a decent trade in anymore, so it's not worth switching out.

I'm getting a little anxious about the end ... I've listened to quite a lot of what you ladies are saying. Most of it doesn't "bother" me, but I've not been there to know anything yet. So we'll see. I just know that it's coming, and my life is about to change!

Mine is liking sticking their butt up high in my rib, just like dd did and it makes it uncomfortable a lot of the time, plus since dh is rather tall and I'm not I have a short torso and our babies tend to be long, so I'm anxious to see just how long this one will be! Hope you weren't too uncomfortable from the rib kick, mostly what does it for me is when they start flipping around and squirming it's almost nauseating, like they beat on my stomach or something lol.

Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound, I hope you get some pics!

As for phones, we ended up waiting until our contracts were up with Sprint and ditching them entirely, buying outright through a smaller company and it's about half the monthly price we were paying. We did get Galaxy phones and at first I wasn't sure how I'd like the change but it's been worth it for us. Dh and I text constantly (at least when he's on break or something) so we agreed to stick to a phone where we would be able to continue that.

Everyone is going to have different experiences, first labors are generally the longest, but that doesn't mean they'll be super long. I think if you look at how your mother was with hers that'll be a better indicator for how you will be. Don't wait until you're in active labor to pack a bag like I did, either. I've had second degree tearing with all my other labors, and the stitches were annoying. I tried so many methods to "induce" myself but nothing worked, castor oil gave me the runs during labor last time, so I wouldn't recommend that one. Sex or orgasms never brought it on for me, or walking, or certain foods. I found the best thing that worked for me was the raspberry leaf tea, but it's more for 'toning' your uterus than bringing on labor, and I went from pushing for 45 minutes to three pushes the last two times with it, so it seemed like it worked for me last time, plus it tastes okay. Staying active as long as I can during pregnancy certainly helped recovery a lot as well. That pp recovery is probably the least talked about but so very important. I imagine you'll be just fine, for sure a transition with it being your first though. I know most of us will be here as well if you have questions about it.

My mom only mentioned "not to have a 'ME' " is now how you don't tear... and I've know about the scratching her since i was little (one of those things you NEVER live down...) So i'll might ask her some questions closer to time --- might.... idk Things have changed in the past 30 years, so ...*shrug*
I'm still aiming for a natural-ish birth. But that still all depends on exactly how i handle contractions and how big baby is.

I definitely felt a leg (the top part of it at least) pressing out this morning. was weird, I'm pretty sure that's what it was. Around 2 inches maybe, harder near one side (thinking that was the butt). Which .... thinking about it even more leads to the kicking in the ribs making more sense.
Apparently there still is plenty of space in there, since baby is sticking to the right side still.
The little butt moves to the middle every so often, which gives my rib a break from the pressure, but it doesn't last long.

I'm glad that I have some veteran mom's on here to ask questions. It's nice to have someone to chat with.
My one pregnant friend has been helpful too, but i don't want to bother her a ton right now since she's supposed to be delivering soon and then will have her own to tend to. (Her C-Section date is the 19th! She's due beginning of Nov)
I've been trying to read up on things -- get some up-to-date information too.
I need to review a few of the natural birth exercises and such. I haven't had a chance to find an exercise ball...

My parents always teased me about being born with meconium in my mouth, but really it's a dangerous thing. I won't lie contractions hurt a lot at the end, and for me I felt like I needed to push out the biggest turd (tmi lmao) ever. Active labor is when things get really intense and I would definitely be prepared for it with whatever methods you can find. Breathing methods kind of go out the window for me at that point, I end up watching the clock and the seconds ticking by super slow with the intense pain, but when it hurts that bad you know it's almost done.

Finding the feet is how I find the legs, because I can feel the little ankle bones or heels when they poke out the left side. This one still seems content on lying like a shrimp or turning face inward with butt in my ribs like dd did.

I don't know many other moms my age, most are grandparents or childless. So this is the place I go to read and chat with other moms. I am in a few breastfeeding groups on fb, but I don't post there much.

My morning seems like it's been flying by for some reason. I did manage to get on the treadmill and do up a minimal lunch, had a small treat of a few sandwich cookies and now I am relaxing while my oldest is doing schoolwork and the little ones make a blanket fort lol.

I feel for all you ladies that have babies hanging out under your ribs. I was feeling like this a week ago but now I’m not in so much discomfort. I don’t know if babies have dropped or maybe their just lying in weird positions that don’t let them to climb up so high.

Star good luck at your ultrasound on Wednesday. How exciting that you’ll get to see baby again though.

Jessica I totally agree with first labours being the longest. With my first I started getting contractions on a saturday and my waters finally broke on a Tuesday. By the end of it I was beyond exhausted from not having slept the previous two nights. Also the pain is definitely something else towards the end. I ended up screaming out for a c-section to get him out as I just couldn’t deal with it anymore lol it was too late at that point for anything.
Ouch on your second degree tears! I only had a small scratch which required like two stitches with my first and I was terrified of using the loo afterwards can’t imagibe dealing with a much bigger tear.

Afm, I’m now at the point where I’m so over being huge and tired all the time. Mostly the fatigue is bothering me. I’ve become so lazy, I just don’t have the energy or the want to do anything. I’ve got a massive pile of clothes waiting for me to iron them and I really can’t be bothered. Honestly can’t wait for this Friday’s appointment with my ob to discuss and plan my birth for the girls. I need a date to countdown towards as it’s just so hard knowing my due date but it not really mattering as they will be here well before then just don’t know roughly when. I do know if an induction or c section is required we will book it in this Friday.

Sushai, I'm so excited for your appointment. I hope it goes well. I hope you're feeling better.

Star, I hope the roof really is an easy fix. Sorry about the finger pricks. Have a great u/s on Wednesday!

I had my u/s yesterday. Head is down, he's curleud up and has his feet under my ribs.
I'm 33 weeks Wednesday. He's measuring 5.5 pounds already. Ekk.

I also had to go to emergency yesterday. Yesterday morning (early) I woke up to aspirating some stomach acid. It was so scary!
I could hardly breathe..and coughed hard, brought up vile and phlem (sorry TMI) for about 2 hours. Slightly calmed but it stayed around so I went after my U/S. While at hospital started to have contractions about every 15 minutes. They didn't get worse or more progressive.
The Doc that saw me was really good. She called the midwife to tell her everything and to tell her that I wanted to go home...not to go in to see her. She as happy with that. Things did not progress so I'm happy for that.
Now, I have to watch for signs of pnemonia today/tomorrow. Good chance it'll happen though. So frustrating! Has anyone else experienced this while pregnant?

Sushai - luckily second degree aren't too bad, if I get the water birth I'm going for this time around maybe I'll tear less?? I can't wait to see how your appointment goes. Sorry you're feeling so tired, I feel lazy myself, so I rest when I can. Just like we were talking about a bit ago about the last month seeming to crawl on haha. We're all feeling like this together at least! I'm also procrastinating on house work, :oops:.

ss - Sorry about your chest issues! I've not dealt with pneumonia while preg, but my dh is prone to pneumonia and it is really hard on your body, can't even imagine what it's like with diminished lung capacity and being pregnant. I get really strong contractions when I'm stressed out, so I know it can happen, so happy they calmed down, and happy early 33 weeks!

afm - midwife appointment is this evening. I want dh there but I think it'll be better if he stays home with the little ones. I just hate having to drag them out of the house for two/three hours in the car. It's supposed to be hot here today, too. I think the only thing keeping me feeling sane is regular exercise, but it's getting difficult to manage. I remember having to taper off the amount in the last couple of weeks last time because I was just so sore in the hips. So far the hip pain isn't as bad yet, but it's getting there and my muscles are tired from keeping moving. Hard to say if it's because of my iron levels being low, but I don't feel any of those symptoms except maybe rapid heartbeat when I'm on the move. Fingers crossed for my numbers to go up a bit by the end of the month.

Sorry ladies, I've been trying to work on work this morning (sorta) and come up with ideas for my planner -- youtube and pinterest/google.... Just wanna find something exciting, quick/easy but functional.

Sushai -- I hope your appointment goes well too. I'm super excited about mine. I feel like it's my 18 week scan all over again! haha

SS Momma -- Nice that you got to see your LO!!!
I've only had coughing spells which result in me having reflux. The nurse the last visit was explaining why i should get the Flu shot (I swear they try to scare you into getting the shots and all those crazy vaccinations) I hope that things clear up for you, or stay non-threatening.

Hubby and FIL are gonna look and work on the roof Wednesday morning. So i hope they finish up before we have to be at the hospital for the u/s (I'm gonna have to remind him a million times since Hubby is home all day and doesn't think of stuff as frequently as I do)

I think the little feet have found their way more and more to my side. I have to put my hand on my belly... i can't tolerate when they push out and I don't try to "hold them in" I think it hurts worse when i don't.

And discovered how 2 hours stuck in traffic and having BH is NOT FUN!!! Urgh Trying to not whine about it, but sitting cramped in a car just doesn't help when you are going under 20mh Oh and it's in the construction zone so there isn't anywhere to pull off, and i'm stuck in the middle lane ... yeah Yesterday just didn't end well.

Star - I get the opposite from my midwife, they're pretty anti-vaccination which is not something I agree with, my family always gets their flu shot. Last year there were a lot of deaths, something like 80% of the child deaths were unvaccinated, so it's definitely not something to mess around with. As for the bh, they can be worse and more frequent if you're dehydrated, so for those long commutes it might help to have some extra water, although you'll have to pee as soon as you stop lol. I hope your roof is fixable easily!

I'm a bit jealous you guys are getting late scans of your LO(s), it's all so exciting. This one seems quite active, especially when listening to my other kids make a bunch of noise. I'm almost afraid of how big they're going to be, but I'm sure it'll be okay in the end. I'm really trying to add in more iron to my diet instead of having to rely on pills, so I have beans going in my crockpot (they smell so good) and I'll make up some cornbread for dh and the kids before I go down to my appointment tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"