Christmas eve box

mrsmummy2

Mum of 3 ❤
Reaction score
What are you putting in your boxes?

I usually do pjs, a movie, a book, treats and something to do.. e.g. a colouring book/puzzle book etc.

This year I'm doing a 1st December box and a Christmas Eve box.

On 1st December I'm doing -

DD - Lego advent calender, pyjamas and the book "The Christmasaurus and the Winter Witch"

DS1 - Lego advent calender, pyjamas and the book "There's an Elf in my Book"

DS2 - Christmas onesie and the book "Thats Not My... Santa"

Mainly so they can get use of their pyjamas rather than having them on Christmas Eve!

So not really sure what to include in their Christmas Eve box.....
I'm doing 1 joint one rather than 3 separate ones this year.
All I know I'm getting is The Grinch (animated version) on DVD.
Any suggestions?

We also do a joint one
So far planning to put in
Pjs
A book to share
Sweets
A bath bomb each
A Christmas themed facecloth
Hot chocolate stuff
Fluffy socks
Santa key (tend to reuse the same one unless we have misplaced it)
Reindeer dust

Usually will pick up some little novelty bits too from the likes of Poundland. In the past we have had glowsticks, light up balloons, teddy’s, joke book, jigsaw, trivia game

In the past I’ve put in activities like colouring, crafts and baking but honestly the kids are too hyper to do them and I’m usually mad busy rushing around and don’t want the mess, so I’m either going to put them out in December 1st (they already have a book each for then and I think I’m going to get them new Xmas bedding as the one we have is more winter than Xmas) or will space them out for elf activities over the month.
I found a totally unused colouring book and an unused activity book today that had come in a xmas eve box!

I'm doing a big family one. I'll put in
Pjs
A book
A dvd
Some sweets/chocolate (possible chocolate oranges, or something like that that they associate with Christmas)
I've seen a small wrestling set that the little two would like that DH wants to put in do might put something like a board game the bigger 2 will enjoy so that every one has something to do during the day. Then hot chocolate for 3 of them and ds3s I'll do with milkshake powder as he doesn't like hot drinks.

Usually I would give them pjs and one of their presents each and normally try to make it something that will keep them entertained for a large portion of the day, like a board game or ds1 and 2 had their phones last year.

If I can find a nice Christmas bubble bath or shower gel I might put that in too :haha:

We usually do a big one to open between them but this year I’m doing smaller individual ones. They will get:

blanket and teddy (old)
Santa’s key (old)
Stocking (old)
Reindeer food
New pj’s
Christmas book each
Hot chocolate
Treat

I was thinking about this yesterday and DH said not to buy stuff just for sake of it (yeah right). Previous years I have gone a bit OTT.

Dec 1st Box (bought by the elves)
-Advent Calendars (DD1 Frozen DD2 Paw Patrol and my mum is getting me a Catch Kiddton one....I should get one for DH)
-Pyjamas (for the girls) Seen some pink ones in ASDA for £5
-Letter to santa kit (from the range)
-Christmas crafts (usually from the works)

Christmas Eve Box (doing a joint family one rather than individual ones)
- Family PJs for all of us
-Board Game
-DVD
- Hot chocolate cones
-Mini selection boxes

I think thats reasonable.. If I saw some bath fizzers/bubble bath I may get those too as my two love a bath fizz.

X

I was thinking about this yesterday and DH said not to buy stuff just for sake of it (yeah right). Previous years I have gone a bit OTT.

-Advent Calendars (DD1 Frozen DD2 Paw Patrol and my mum is getting me a Catch Kiddton one....I should get one for DH)

-Board Game
-DVD
- Hot chocolate cones
-Mini selection boxes

I think thats reasonable.. If I saw some bath fizzers/bubble bath I may get those too as my two love a bath fizz.

X

I’ve gotten a candy cane and gingerbread man bath fizzer for 99p each in home bargains. Poundland have snowmen and gingerbread men ones too.
You can’t beat lush but they are just so pricey arnt they! So I usually look for cheaper alternatives.

I’ve gotten a candy cane and gingerbread man bath fizzer for 99p each in home bargains. Poundland have snowmen and gingerbread men ones too.
You can’t beat lush but they are just so pricey arnt they! So I usually look for cheaper alternatives.

Yes and the lush ones stain the bath ha ha. Will have a look in poundland. We don't have a home bargain near us but supposed to be next year x

These are great ideas :xmas6:

I love Lush stuff!

-Board Game
-DVD
- Hot chocolate cones
-Mini selection boxes

X

I just love that first paragraph, particularly the (yeah right)

Yes and the lush ones stain the bath ha ha. Will have a look in poundland. We don't have a home bargain near us but supposed to be next year x

We havnt had any stains thankfully but one year we had a glitter one and it took ages to get rid of the glitter!
If you have an asda nearby I’ve just popped in there today and they have some Xmas bath fizzers in too. Not as cheap at £2 but I think I saw they are on a 3 for 2 offer.

Also popped into card factory and they had some great little novelty bits in. Didn’t pick any up as had eyes with me but I’ve got my eye on an elf head hoopla game and a who am I quiz game which were around £1-£1.50 I think.
They also had socks, coasters, teddy’s.

Sometimes I prefer buying all the little finishing touches more than main gifts :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->