Christmas Eve traditions

We usually spend the day baking, and snacking on baked goods, playing games and doing some kind of activity book. Everyone is very chilled out except me who is usually running around tying to get the baked goods ready and wrapped to send to various people. In the evening we do xmas eve boxes, some kind of takeaway, or buffet dinner while we watch the movie in the xmas eve box. Followed by hot chocolate, bath, reindeer food sprinkleing and bed for the kids. OH then preps veg while i get the kids to sleep. As soon as they are asleep we start bringing presents down , oh tidys the kitchen while i do any last minute wrapping and sot out the xmas day essentials box. Then we lay out presents, wrap the door frame and head to bed. I then spend about half an hour chatting to him about how excited i am while he tries his hardest to stay awake.

I forgot, the santa plate and snacks get put out just after reindeer food.

We do breakfast with my whole family in a restaurant and then we just walk around the shops and pick up any last bits then go home and play with the kids, have baths then go to the children's mass (santa comes to say hello) then home to watch a movie do reindeer food and then bed

What's in the reindeer food? I've always just done a carrot, is reindeer food better?

We got a bag of reindeer food when we went to visit santa tonne it looked like fish food!! You sprinkle it in your garden so the reindeer will come to your house!!

We also leave a carrot inside

Oh, ok, I thought it was a replacement for the carrot and went on a plate! I like the idea of sprinkling it outside though! I'm thinking I might steal some of the guinea pigs food and use that rather than buy anything haha :lol:

I think the reindeer dust we got last year was some sawdust and glitter. We bought it from DD's christmas fair at school that her class had made and she was sad she hadn't sold it on her stall....I came home with 13 bags....still got some In the loft:dohh::haha:

Xxx

Aww bless her! The sawdust is a cool idea, I have wood chippings too but we live in a block of flats and the neighbours might not appreciate me chucking wood shavings all over the forecourt :rofl:

:haha: oh I can just imagine you getting a knock on the door:shrug:.

Fish flakes are defo a better idea as they will just disolve lol! Stinks though :haha:

Xxx

Aww bless her! The sawdust is a cool idea, I have wood chippings too but we live in a block of flats and the neighbours might not appreciate me chucking wood shavings all over the forecourt :rofl:

:haha:especially if some of your neighbours were stood out there at the time

You could put it on your balcony if you have one

xmas eve i normally bake with my kids & then get them all bathed & in xmas pjs ready for a chinese takeaway for dinner. hubby goes to the pub for a few hours which i dont mind as it gives me quality time with my kids. then i pick him up after so he doesnt stay out too late lol. this year we are on holiday & land late on the 23rd so xmas eve im food shopping :dohh:

Hahaa, you lot crack me up. I'm going to have a think about this! Something that dissolved like fish flakes would be good 🤔 Maybe could do some bicarbonate of soda or something with food colouring...
We don't have a balcony unfortunately!

:haha: let us know that goes hun. It's either gonna be sawdust dandruff or fish food flavoured snowflakes for the neighbors....either way it's highly amusing :happydance:

I'm supposed to be preparing for an interview for tomorrow and the grotto is distracting me :dohh:

Haha oh me too, it's just good to be among people who are as hyped about Christmas as I am :haha:

my god i read it wrong and just saw fish i imagined you throwing fish into the forecourt for a moment :lol:

Hahaha. Christmas miracle. Most of my neighbours are Muslim so I could try telling them that throwing fish into the street is a Christian tradition maybe? Could be quite fun in the end :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->