Christmas Eve traditions

For the last 4 years we have had lunch out, usually chineese/thai and we call to a friend of mine around 3, meet another friend there and between us we have 6 girls so we exchange gifts for the girls, have some chocolate biscuit cake my firend makes & a glass of prosecco, we then call to my Mam & Dad and bring them to mass at 6pm, Santy comes at the end of the mass with selection boxes for all the kids, home around 7.30, bath and bed for DD and get Santy ready as soon as she's asleep, I love Christmas Eve, the excitement with dd is just amazing:happydance:

Hahaa, you lot crack me up. I'm going to have a think about this! Something that dissolved like fish flakes would be good 🤔 Maybe could do some bicarbonate of soda or something with food colouring...
We don't have a balcony unfortunately!

We do porridge oats and glitter. Dissolves easily and wont stink everybody out!:thumbup:

Hahaa, you lot crack me up. I'm going to have a think about this! Something that dissolved like fish flakes would be good 🤔 Maybe could do some bicarbonate of soda or something with food colouring...
We don't have a balcony unfortunately!

We do porridge oats and glitter. Dissolves easily and wont stink everybody out!:thumbup:

Ooh thanks I like that, reindeer totally probably would eat oats too!

We usually make cakes or cookies for Santa. While I tidy up and clean the kitchen the kids normally either watch a DVD or play in the living room. I'll brush and mop downstairs before we go and get washed and dressed. (I clean rest of the house and change beds before Christmas eve).
We normally pop to my mum and dad's for lunch and maybe go into town for any last minute bits and get back before DH and FIL arrive home.
The kids have their Christmas eve box around 3pm (so they aren't too full up on sweets before their tea or before bed)
We normally have a Chinese takeaway for tea, this year we are just ordering our starter from the takeaway and making mayflower chicken curry.
After tea, We have a bath and get into our new pjs, we will put a Christmas film on before putting out the reindeer food and goodies for Santa. We will read 2 stories in bed then the kids should hopefully go to sleep so Santa can bring the presents.

This year I'm working from 10am so I told DH he can do the cookies with the kids, I'll brush and mop before I head to work. Not sure what time I'm working til though (I work in a launderette and the new owners only took over 6 months ago so they think they will close around 4pm but the other girl I work with said it's usually very quiet on Christmas eve so fingers crossed we can leave super early or they decide to have the closing time earlier in the afternoon). I'm just glad I get the evening with them as that's the most magical part of the day I think.

We go for a walk if the weather is okay for it, the rest of the day is watching Christmas shows/movies and playing board games. At night the kids are read night before Christmas and then we put out milk and a mince pie for father Christmas, carrot for the reindeer and reindeer food aka muesli.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->