Christmas food

cookielucylou

Reaction score
Anyone care to share their food lists with me for over Christmas?

We tend to have the same thing.

For Christmas morning we'll have homemade cinnamon rolls, sausages, and bacon. Then we have an early Christmas dinner and have turkey, mashed potatoes, cornbread dressing, corn, gravy, and homemade bread. For dessert there's an assortment of pies, fudge, cake etc. way to much :haha: it's only the three of us plus my daughter's best friends' family of 3 for Christmas dinner.

I haven't really thought about it yet. So following for ideas!

We are having prawn cocktail for starters.
For mains, either turkey or chicken, with roast potatoes, pigs in blankets, sprouts, roasted parsnips, carrots and broccoli.
For dessert probably cheesecake of some sort.
It is my very first time cooking Christmas dinner, so I'm not going for anything adventurous!

This year we have BIL and his girlfriend for dinner. DH and his brother are great cooks so they are cooking.

Breakfast we agreed would be simple and easy so cereal for kids and muffins with salmon/scrambled egg for us.

Dinner we have ordered a turkey and BIL is getting lamb (yuck). We are then having normal roast potatoes, carrots, parsnips, broccoli, green beans (BIL idea) and maybe swede. I'll get stuffing and pigs in blankets as my DDs love them.

Desert probably a cheesecakes or gateaux.

Late evening a little buffet of cheese, crackers, pate, salami etc, maybe some party bits for the kids though they also like cheese and crackers too.

I have done present shopping so it's now all about food and drink lists. Although trying not to go mad as we go to London Boxing Day and have wasted too much food before, it made me so cross.

:)

Hubby is having smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Me and the girls will just have a normal breakfast.

Xmas dinner is a veggie wellington for me, Turkey for the others, pigs in blankets, stuffing, roast potatoes, red cabbage, carrots and peas, maybe cauliflower cheese, M&S gravy and cranberry sauce. Dessert is going to be homemade trifle.

We're having a small buffet in evening with crusty bread, crackers, cheese, olives, chips and dips. Maybe some mince pies and Christmas cake.

Drinks will be j20's, cherry coke, sprite, wine and beer for dh.

Not sure what we're having for Xmas eve tea yet. Maybe pizza and a few nibbles or takeaway.

Following for ideas :)

I've ordered xmas dinner from Sainsbury's to collect on the 23rd but for the life of me can't remember what I ordered lol. I know it's turkey though- that's a start lol

Oooo and so far I've brought Buck's Fizz for the morning xx

Breakfast will likely be French toast and bacon (DDs favorite breakfast)

Then we'll probably snack on leftover snacks from Xmas Eve until dinner

Dinner will likely be ham, potatoes, broccoli cheese rice, carrots and corn

Desserts may vary but usually a few pies, fudge, peanut butter bars, cookies etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->