Christmas foods

MrsLux

Reaction score
What Christmas foods are you guys craving that are on the no go list?
Pate on crusty bread....mmmm

I think I am going to treat myself to a baked camembert at Christmas and refuse to share it with the family haha they can stick to their stinky mouldy cheeses....yuck!
Anyone going to have a alcholic drink on Christmas day?

I steer clear from alcohol from the time I find out I'm pregnant....but I am a rebel and still eat deli meat, hot dogs, and such.

lately, I only crave fruit and peppermint bark! lol so I'm hogging the fruit platter and all the peppermint chocolate bark.

I will miss Pate this year, and goats cheese :cry: I have found some pasteurised Camembert though so I will be indulging on that with some wild berry chutney! :winkwink:
I will miss joining in the merry drinking this christmas too, and not looking forward to being the over tired one sat in the corner waiting to go home :dohh:

Ooh I forgot about goats cheese! Glad I can still have feta but its not very Christmassy is it?!

Traditionally we have bacon and runny fried egg barms Christmas morning for breakfast...... I soooooo want a runny egg ��

I've been eaten goats cheese on pizza and baked camembert this time. The NHS website said mould ripened cheeses are fine if they are pasteurised and cooked.

The only thing I'll realyyyy be missing is a nice cold glass of prosecco haha

Wine. And chambord and hot chocolate. I don't drink much but the holidays generally have alcohol. My husband and I have declined Christmas day invitations and instead will be staying home. No ham this year. I have been very off meats. So I am making manicotti well my husband does the pasta maker part. Lots of vegetables fresh bread with boursin and a dessert from this great bakery.

What's wrong with pate?

I still eat lunch meats and runny eggs too. My first pregnancy I followed all the rules but this one Im much more relaxed.

What's wrong with pate?

I still eat lunch meats and runny eggs too. My first pregnancy I followed all the rules but this one Im much more relaxed.

exactly!!! lol my first pregnancy I was VERY anal about everything. now that I'm on my third I'm basically doing everything I normally would except not alcohol and I added vitamins(trying to get better at taking them regularly. lol)

2nd pregnancy and relaxed too! I pretty much eat everything as before. I buy from same stores as always as they have been good quality. Never gotten anything from fresh organic runny eggs, soft goat cheese or smoked salmon. On top of that...they are full of goodness!
Won't drink this year, but that's because I have simply gone of the alcohol flavour this time around.

Pate could contain listeria, but I think the main issue is that is DOES contain an awful lot of Vitamin A. The NHS website recommends: Avoid liver or liver products, such as liver pâté or liver sausage, as they may contain a lot of vitamin A. Too much vitamin A can harm your baby. I guess a small amount wont hurt, but its pointless for me, because I enjoy it lathered on everything!

Runny eggs are now said to be ok, although they still advise you cook them thoroughly because they cant guarantee everyone will buy lion stamped screened eggs. We do, so i still enjoy runny eggs :thumbup:

Yes like so,e of you mentioned - first pregnancy I was very anal about all the no no foods but this time round I will be eating some smoked salmon on blinis and some pasteurised Camembert!!! And I do still eat runny eggs too. It's very rare that people get food poisoning from eggs these days!

But what I really can't wait for is stuffing with gravy!!! Thank goodness it's safe!!!

Christmas here is hard during pregnancy because it's the middle of summer, so it's all cold meat that sits around on a table, and salads etc. I don't worry about all the restrictions anyway so will go ahead and chow down.

I really want rack of lamb cooked rare but rare meet is a no :( I'm really excited for stuffing and greenbean casserole. Also I've been really wanting sour cream today, not a Christmas food just an odd craving

I'm so gutted about the mound ripened and blue veined cheeses - we've ordered a big cheese and biscuits platter with some amazing chutney for after Christmas dinner (none of us are Christmas pudding fans). I ❤️ Brie! Sob sob! X

Excessive ounts of Vitamin A in first trimester 'might' be related to birth defects. So, advice is to avoid it all together...then again, vitamin A deficiency in the pregnant woman increases in 2nd & 3 rd trimester & causes vision issues, night blindness etc.. My take? ... If you feel like a little bit of dark meat, go for it. You probably feel like it, because you're lacking it! Vitamin A is found as well in egg yolk & cheddar cheese. Eat balanced & you'll be okay! Easy fr a second trimester lady to say...of course.

This is my 4th baby so I'm more relaxed on all of this these days. One thing that I will definitely be enjoying over Christmas is egg nog! The real stuff is made with unpasteurized eggs but I'm kinda past that. I also eat runny eggs, goats cheese and feta. Also have coffee.

The only thing's I don't have pregnant are: alcohol and foods high in mercury (tuna often).

Otherwise, bring it on.

I do get a bit fussy with potlucks and stuff sitting at room temp for long, but if refrigerated and fresh...mmmm.

I couldn't go 9 months without runny eggs or rare meat...unless the risk was high (it's incredibly low to nonexistent).

I'm also a veteran mum and pick and choose my food restrictions. I do have runny eggs (which I missed terribly first pregnancy) and smoked salmon. I don't drink alcohol at all though and normally that's fine but I will definitely miss the odd tipple over the holidays. Plus Christmassy coffees, which I've just totally gone off this year. I'm more worried about the things I *should* eat though. We're not telling family until our older kids know and we want to be safely in second tri before that. So I can't very well say "urgh, get those green beans away from me" at Christmas. :haha: The thought of turkey and gravy makes me queasy at the best of times! Luckily we're hosting and have decided to do chicken instead.

Ooh you can have runny eggs??? I thought they were a big no-no. I think I'd be tempted to have a runny egg and bacon sarnie for breakfast on xmas day now!! :)

I'm hoping my nausea and MS will get better before xmas, I'll be 11 weeks then. Just would be nice to be enjoy the food. I will miss the cheeses you can't have, but think I'll have some baked Camembert to compensate. Would love to be able to have a glass or two of red with the food, think that's what I will miss most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->