Christmas thread when?

I think that it really doesn't matter what we spend. The main thing is that they have something to open, you spend what you can afford, and you make memories. I can only remember a handful of actual presents that I got as a small child but I remember always saving one present to open when my nan came round, I remember the year I was so ill I missed the whole day and my mum saved me a plate of dinner, I didn't open a single thing until boxing day that year, I remember my brothers sitting in front of the telly waiting for shows they had anticipated, I remember the year my brother was up first and because he couldn't read his name he decided he'd just open everything until he found his presents :haha:
I love spoiling mine at Christmas, they don't tend to get new things other than Christmas or their birthdays unless they have their own money, so I do go mad at Christmas, but I do also think that just a handful of presents is great if that's what they are used to or they know they are getting a different treat coming (like a holiday)

I bought myself a new note pad. I always have a new note pad at this time of year ready for all my lists. Can't wait to start writing in it.

I tend to match up presents. As they're both close in age they tend to get mostly the same. Not buying much for family this year, we all have everything lol

This year I'm thinking £200 budget each but hope it's less. I can't think of anything to buy them as it is.

Dd1 we are thinking of a old Nintendo DS. We feel she's too young for a switch and they're expensive. DH has a special cartridge too he can upload any game on so wouldn't need to buy games.

We spoke about Christmas today and I joked I wanted a new tree but DH agreed and said he wouldn't mind. Yay!

Also not sure if you remember the palava we had last year over the sofa (week before xmas and didn't fit my front door) well today we went sofa shopping again after having horrible uncomfy sofas all year and have hopefully found one that fits and will be here in time. Whooop.

Motherofboys huge congratulations on your little rainbow. XxxX

We're off to Legoland tomorrow. Girls didn't want a party this year so that's what we're doing instead. X

Oh gosh yes I remember the sofa saga! I hope all goes well with this one haha

Thank you :)

well i am not competitive, and i definitely dont want any clutter apart from crafting stuff in her room.

DH got that Roblox thing that ds4 wanted. £6 in morrisons and still £12 in asda and on Amazon. That'll be for his birthday though.

Does anyone still do the old surveys? I've just got back in to them. Not nearly soon enough to be of actual help this year though haha

DH got that Roblox thing that ds4 wanted. £6 in morrisons and still £12 in asda and on Amazon. That'll be for his birthday though.

Does anyone still do the old surveys? I've just got back in to them. Not nearly soon enough to be of actual help this year though haha

I've been doing the surveys occasionally when I get time. Said to OH today I need to crack on with them. Managed to cash out £20 from beginning of July to mid August on one, but a lot of the surveys went to waste as I couldn't be bothered. Whenever I check my emails it's always populus "£2 survey..£4 survey..." but I never do them despite knowing I could manage at least 3 cheques a year.

Just a question but how much does everyone spend on presents for the kiddies? Sometimes I feel like I get too much, other times not enough and om rushing around xmas eve buying crap to make it up!

It’s been different each year really some years I have went way overboard, spent far too much and now I really regret it when I think what I could have used the money for as half the toys sat in boxes in the cupboard, last year I really couldn’t afford to get them much, we were just back from holiday and i was minus 9 days of pay for having the time off. They weren’t actually too fussed though.
This year I’m aiming for £100 each on a few decent items I think they will actually use (that won’t include the stocking or Xmas eve box etc) probably will have a nice day out around Xmas time too.
I would love to get them a bigger present to share, oldest has asked for a laptop or a new tv for their room but with going on holiday next year I don’t think that will happen.

It’s been different each year really some years I have went way overboard, spent far too much and now I really regret it when I think what I could have used the money for as half the toys sat in boxes in the cupboard, last year I really couldn’t afford to get them much, we were just back from holiday and i was minus 9 days of pay for having the time off. They weren’t actually too fussed though.
This year I’m aiming for £100 each on a few decent items I think they will actually use (that won’t include the stocking or Xmas eve box etc) probably will have a nice day out around Xmas time too.
I would love to get them a bigger present to share, oldest has asked for a laptop or a new tv for their room but with going on holiday next year I don’t think that will happen.

No I agree! This is why I'm not doing it this year, I have a limit, but dont intend to use the entire limit! For what? To have more bloody clutter in that bedroom of theirs :rofl:

Things like one poll and toluna. You answer surveys and they give you points, which when you get enough you can cash out for Amazon vouchers or other places. There's quite a few out there, but I'm just down to those two now as when I did lots I wasn't getting anywhere haha I forgot about them for ages then started up again on one poll a few months ago, then toluna the other day.
I also do shop and scan, you can the bar codes of everything you buy, and upload the receipts and codes once a week and get points. I've been doing that since May and have about £35 worth. Can cash those out for Amazon too.

Omg I get toluna emailing me literally every day! I must have signed up ages ago without realising :rofl: either that or my 7 year old daughter has secretly been making a few quid hahaha

No I agree! This is why I'm not doing it this year, I have a limit, but dont intend to use the entire limit! For what? To have more bloody clutter in that bedroom of theirs :rofl:
Same for my two they rarely play with toys these days and the ones they do they have enough off. I’m going to get my oldest a decent scooter. I know that’s one thing he will actually get use of as he has practically worn the one he has out.

Same for my two they rarely play with toys these days and the ones they do they have enough off. I’m going to get my oldest a decent scooter. I know that’s one thing he will actually get use of as he has practically worn the one he has out.
Scooters were the best thing I bought my two! They had one for their birthdays this year and they stay in the boot of my car, so literally if we go to the park, I pull them out, they even ride them into school and I carry both back to the car (I'm only 33 weeks pregnant GO ME :rofl:) but its worth it, they've had their moneys worth definitely!

I usually set a budget but then don't account for books, stocking fillers and random bits I pick up last minute :xmas17:so it does spiral more than I'd like! This year I'm planning on £300 for my oldest and £250 each for the younger 2. Hoping to stick to this!

i used to do surveys when i didnt have too look after a kid xD, gosh so much effort for so little, although my fav was the microsoft group where you were shown developments that 2 years later or so would go onto the market, like thouse half laptop half tablets things.

came on looking for the Grotto! Haven't even started Christmas shopping yet, must get finger out!:)

Not done surveys in years, I liked the ones where they would send free samples haha! I got washing liquid one time I was buzzing.
I used to like the film ones too you would watch a trailer that was coming out at some point in the future.
I remember some wanted you to watch adverts and have your webcam on to see your reaction except my face never really changes at anything, I always wonder who actually watched it and what they thought of it hahaha! I think if your wanting to do them and actually get somewhere you have to have immediate access to a laptop or else by time you go on they have gone.

I use valued opinions (paypal cashouts or vouchers), populuslive (cheques) and mysurvey (paypal and vouchers). No longer use Toluna as they can take a few weeks to receive. The more active you are doing them, the more frequent you will have them sent to you and better paid. I've tested 6 cans of different flavoured mountain dew, babywipes, washing detergent and deodorant. I was privately invited to a survey/live discussion about sanitary products too which paid £40 for the hour.

Hi all, excited to see the Christmas chat already. This year we bought a playhouse for the garden in the summer for dd's birthday (December) and xmas so got lots of smaller bits for her. Main things are a wooden train track and a marble run. Need to have a big clear out-stuff like various happyland houses and baby toys that I need to let go of! Have also got a couple of bits that she was given last year that I'm going to regift-there was some playmobil that I think she's ready for now. Just got nieces and nephews and parents to do. Most are at the money/book token stage so fairly easy. Last year dh and I just did token gifts-deodarent, pants, chocs-so will do the same again. Dd has just started nursery so will have school xmas events this year too-hoping they don't clash with my school's events!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->