Christmas thread when?

Nice bargain on the Lego !

Great start Leonie. I love Home Bargains all year round but moreso at Xmas .

I want to get a new box for the kids this year , we do a 1st December box as Xmas eve is always manic and they get to enjoy all the stuff out the box in the run up to Xmas ! Thanks for the Idea of the wash mitt , adding that to my list!

What a bargain.
I saw a Roblox figures set in morrisons for £6 but wasn't sure it was the right one, when I got home and checked it was and it's still £12.90 on Amazon. Wish I had grabbed it now for ds4 birthday

My son is obsessssssssed with roblox! I managed to pick up loads of playsets off ebay for his birthday back in June, the original seller isn't selling them right now but there's others on there from a chinese seller based in the UK, I managed to get 5 Roblox sets for about £20, not bad when they retail for £10 in shops :)

think i’ll be in the market for a switch for DD too :) from what i understand they don’t really drop in price??

They don't really drop in price, but around xmas time they do bundles for around the same price :) I know GAME had a good deal last year on switches and my sister bought one, she had a few games and a carry case thrown in! It's worth keeping your eyes peeled :)

My son is obsessssssssed with roblox! I managed to pick up loads of playsets off ebay for his birthday back in June, the original seller isn't selling them right now but there's others on there from a chinese seller based in the UK, I managed to get 5 Roblox sets for about £20, not bad when they retail for £10 in shops :)
Good to know. I've asked DH to grab that one when he takes his mum shopping if they still have it, as he's birthday is October, but will check eBay too

Have decided to get the switch and 2 games each for dd and ds.
Just dance 2020 and Little friends dogs and cats for DD and a mario game and Ryan's World game for DS. Hopefully that'll be lots of fun for us all on Christmas day!

done some window shopping today taking photos to memorise them, saw new cool looking science kits and board game things.

Im worried about how im going to keep things secret this year. Rio is SO smart, I don't know if its an ASD thing or what but I cant keep anything from him. He guesses everything, and is so literal, the idea of some guy coming and managing to get around the whole world on the same night is already seeming odd in his head. Trying desperately to deflect the conversations!
Also, he is so tech savvy, yesterday I spotted him on my amazon order history! I asked what he was doing and he said he was just checking when I last ordered baby wipes as we are running low (LOL) .. but my first thought was oh no what if there was Christmas gifts on there, and what if he goes on again! Im scared to use amazon now!! Or anything actually!

Im worried about how im going to keep things secret this year. Rio is SO smart, I don't know if its an ASD thing or what but I cant keep anything from him. He guesses everything, and is so literal, the idea of some guy coming and managing to get around the whole world on the same night is already seeming odd in his head. Trying desperately to deflect the conversations!
Also, he is so tech savvy, yesterday I spotted him on my amazon order history! I asked what he was doing and he said he was just checking when I last ordered baby wipes as we are running low (LOL) .. but my first thought was oh no what if there was Christmas gifts on there, and what if he goes on again! Im scared to use amazon now!! Or anything actually!
Yikes!! Hope you manage to keep things underwraps!

LOL to the baby wipes comment :rofl: how adorable

ah well it is good that we never took the father christmas thing literal :haha:

Haha i like the baby wipes comment too smart kid ! Your going to have to work extra hard this year keeping things under wraps !

If you wanted to try to drag it out, you could try "when the elves are running out of time, sometimes Santa sends the parents some money and asks them to buy things and have them delivered to him as the elves haven't time to make them" it might work, it might not. I'm not sure how things will go this year with ds3. He'll be almost 10 and he questioned it the other year and managed to convince himself that actually he did exist. I tend to not encourage but not deny unless they ask me out right once they start questioning it.

Its so hard isn't it! I have always told him that sometimes we have to buy things and send them to santa, as the elves cant make EVERYTHING. He doesn't seem to question that, it try to keep our 'how' conversations short and sweet lol

Its so hard isn't it! I have always told him that sometimes we have to buy things and send them to santa, as the elves cant make EVERYTHING. He doesn't seem to question that, it try to keep our 'how' conversations short and sweet lol

This is exactly what I have to do with my 7 year old, shes so switched on and can win any argument with me, she definitely talks the talk! She has told me that she knows I buy the presents so Santa can't be real, plus we don't have a chimney...AND them pretty little pretend house door keys that Santa can use to gain access to houses without a chimney are fake, because apparently shes tried to unlock the door with it before now (thank god it wasnt a real house key!) She infuriates me in such a sweet way, I believed in santa at 7 years old and so should she :rofl: oh and she says she knows where I hide presents, and I have to tell her that Santa can't do it all and parents need to give him a hand, to her response..... why does so many elves work for him then when they can't do their job properly and you have to help him instead! I tell you If she ever becomes a manager in a job... everyone needs to look out! She also tells me each xmas eve not to touch the mince pies left for santa, because she will know it's me and she wants to 'investigate' whether it was santa or myself eating them! Not sure how she plans on doing that mind without performing an autopsy on me.... I need to keep my eye on her :rofl:

Hahaha that’s hilarious sounds so much like Rio. He figures everything out. I’m sure I was about 9 or 10 before I found out? He seems so young. There is no way I am going to accept that he knows for a few years yet at least. Plus I worry he would tell Niko too!

Managed to buy the playmobil rocket and mars space buggy at a great price last night. The are in the Asda toy sale and my cousin had an employee double discount day so I got another 20% off too!
Got him the rocket, space buggy, missile launcher thingy, an astronaut costume, some nasa pyjamas, an astronaut T-shirt, a peppa pig play set for niko and a Mickey Mouse jumper for niko all for under £100

Hahaha that’s hilarious sounds so much like Rio. He figures everything out. I’m sure I was about 9 or 10 before I found out? He seems so young. There is no way I am going to accept that he knows for a few years yet at least. Plus I worry he would tell Niko too!

Hahaha yeah! Layla and Rio sounds very much alike, I'm sure they will make pretty good company CEOs in future with that attitude! Also Layla tries to explain to her brother George who's 5, about Santa and I just tell her not to go there, leave him out of it, it will he her not getting presents if she doesn't believe, not her brother :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->