christmas

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
oh i dont know what im gonna do this christmas.
i wont be able to have a glass of wine with my christmas dinner, i wont be able to have my prawn cocktail or any trifle as it has sherry in it AND i wont be able to have brie on crackers with cranberry sauce on the top.

i dont know how im gonna manage.
boo hoo. its not fair.
x x x

But think, you'll have a gorgeous baby soon instead

i know but i love trifle,cheese and prawn cocktail.

ill just have to manage wont i.

I'm gonna miss drinking this christmas. I'm not a big drinker but christmas is abit boring now. The drink does help lol! But, the thought of having my baby here soon will get me through :)

Check if the brie is made with pasturised milk, if it is then it is just fine for you to eat.

Sherry in the trifle, there would not be enough for you to really even notice, I would eat and enjoy.

One glass of wine with dinner is not a problem. My midwife has told me several times a glass of wine every so often will not cause any problems. My DH and I went to dinner last weekend, I ordered a glass and had about 3/4 of it.

thank you.
i didnt think about see if brie was made with pasturised milk.(good thinking)
what about prawn cocktail? i didnt think you could eat raw fish and i thought it had to be cooked thorughly. so it ok to eat shop brought frozen prawns which are defrosted and eaten cold or do they have to be hot.
well ill have trifle and ill leave the wine.

thanks girls

I was a bit at odds this year as well, being the only one who can't have champagne with dinner-- but we came to a solution! FAKE WINE. Hehe. I still have the allusion of drinking with the family come dinner time, and it tastes a tad like it as well.

thank you.
i didnt think about see if brie was made with pasturised milk.(good thinking)
what about prawn cocktail? i didnt think you could eat raw fish and i thought it had to be cooked thorughly. so it ok to eat shop brought frozen prawns which are defrosted and eaten cold or do they have to be hot.
well ill have trifle and ill leave the wine.

thanks girls

I'm quite sure you CANNOT have raw seafood. Once cooked though, you are fine to eat them... so long as they aren't high in mercury.

Im going to have a little wine and soda and I wouldnt worry about the sherry in the trifle!
How about doing a potted shrimp type starter? Not quite the same, but do prawns in butter, garlic, lemon juice and a touch of chilli flakes if you like, and serve with crusty bread.
Were going to have garlic mushrooms I think.
Alot of the brie is now pasturised, more so the ones made in the UK. Just double check.

As far as I am aware, prawns are always cooked before eating. I have never seen raw ones used for anything.

so when you buy prawns frozen they are already cooked,right?
if so do i have to eat them hot or can they be cold.

I'd have been alright being pg over xmas, apart from drinking none of that stuff affects me.

I dont like prawns or trifle...

You will be ok to have a glass of wine with your meal though...

Im going to have a large Gin Sling. I think i'll deserve one by then, Haha. Only the one it will be though... Im on xmas and New Year duties this year. Duno how OH got that one on me. :dohh:

Here's a good site of what you can and cannot have
https://www.eatwell.gov.uk/agesandstages/pregnancy/whenyrpregnant/

Shellfish, including prawns - as long as they are part of a hot meal and have been properly cooked

hope that helps!

ok thanks, so ill be best to keep away from the prawns then.
any ideas what i can have as a substitute for prawns, i love the sauce in prawn cocktail so what can i have with that?

thanks girls.
im deffently not drinking any alcohol.

I'll be fine because my favorite stuff is mashed potatoes and gravy with rolls... plus a few m&m cookies here and there =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->