CIO - From a Baby's View.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess as formula feeders, we should never read a thread on here for fear of what has happened...turning into the "formula is killer" once again...I'm so sick of people making it out to me like I'm feeding my kids poison. GEEZ! You don't feed your kids formula but dang be respectful at least of those of us who do and not turn a thread about CIO into a thread about how evil it is!

As I've said in another post, nobody has provided evidence of anything after the words 'killing babies' began to be thrown about.

Please discount it, it is meaningless.

Formula is not dangerous, and the companies that make it do wonderful things for newborns who need and who are brought up on formula. (Im one of them!)

It's a world away from poison.....in fact, in the developed world, we could argue that breast milk is actually more poisonous than formula
(Source: https://www.nrdc.org/breastmilk/envpoll.asp ) however that is definitely another topic, for another day.

I guess as formula feeders, we should never read a thread on here for fear of what has happened...turning into the "formula is killer" once again...I'm so sick of people making it out to me like I'm feeding my kids poison. GEEZ! You don't feed your kids formula but dang be respectful at least of those of us who do and not turn a thread about CIO into a thread about how evil it is!

As I've said in another post, nobody has provided evidence of anything after the words 'killing babies' began to be thrown about.

Formula is not dangerous, and the companies that make it do wonderful things for newborns who need and who are brought up on formula. (Im one of them!)

It's a world away from poison.....in fact, in the developed world, we could argue that breast milk is actually more poisonous than formula
(Source: https://www.nrdc.org/breastmilk/envpoll.asp ) however that is definitely another topic, for another day.

I know. I have done my research. It's just a shame we can't respect others choices or anything.

I know. I have done my research. It's just a shame we can't respect others choices or anything.

Agreed. At the end of the day, the final decision on a babies upbringing lies with the mother, not a midwife, not a doctor, not an industrial company.

Whether it's with regards to CIO, CC, formula feeding or breast feeding - that final choice is only down to one person - Mummy!

I'm done anyway, I'm unsubscribing. As I said in my first post - this thread is completely irrelevant.

I don't see any of this as an attack on formula feeding moms at all. You have to admit that the things midori has discussed about the tactics the companies use, clearly without anyone's best interests at heart, are in poor taste. I fail to see what that has to do with YOU specifically feeding your baby formula, though.

You always assume that those of us who recognise the risks of formula feeding or who think the companies that make and market it need to be taken to task don't 'feed our kids formula'. I have in the past used formula and its not incomprehensible that I'd use it again if I needed to, although I don't deny I'd try to avoid it if I could. I just prefer to make a fully informed decision.

but the point is it isn't related to the original post? so a formula feeder wouldn't know what the hell she is getting in to!

You always assume that those of us who recognise the risks of formula feeding or who think the companies that make and market it need to be taken to task don't 'feed our kids formula'. I have in the past used formula and its not incomprehensible that I'd use it again if I needed to, although I don't deny I'd try to avoid it if I could. I just prefer to make a fully informed decision.

and how do you know my decisions aren't "fully informed"???

I make decisions that are relevant to me...I'm really still trying to figure out how an article from 1976 turned into a formula kills thread?

Locked for review.

I think potentially there is a line or 2 crossed in this thread. While debates can be more relaxed certain rules of our forum do apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"