City Mini Double VS GT?

mcwhmm

Reaction score
I SWEAR this is my last post about double strollers... I think! LOL, thankfully, most of you probably haven't had to put up with my craziness since most of it was in the second trimester:haha:

Anyways..

We have decided to get a double stroller and narrowed it down to either the City Mini Double or the City Mini GT Double.

I'm torn between the two.. I'm leaning towards the GT mainly just because of the tires. We walk constantly in the summer at night and sometimes it's hard to see bumps and what not. Also, we go to a lot of state fairs etc where we have to park in the grass and pushing a stroller through grass can be difficult!

Really the only other difference (from what I understand) is the extra 1" of shoulder height room and extra 1/2" of leg length room. DD will be 3 in March and she's about 35" and 30lbs. From what I read the height limit on the non GT is 44" and the GT is 46". Both have the same weight limit at 50lbs per seat.

The price difference is about 100-150$.

Has anybody gotten the Non-GT and wish they would have gotten the GT? Or had any problems with the wheels?

I guess my thinking is that the wheels on the Non-GT remind me of the 3 strollers that I went through with DD that I hated Lol. They seem kind of cheap looking to me, especially when paying that much!

Thanks again ladies for putting up with my craziness :thumbup:

I was reading a thread about the mountain buggy duet and thought of you, can you get that one where you are? If not after reading your threads I would go with the GT. You'll make some money back when you re sell after and I think you won't be happy with the tyres on the normal one. They're fine for me as I'm mostly using it on pavements.

That's what I'm trying to think of is the resale value for sure. I have looked into the mountain buggy but I can't really find much information about it? It is a little pricier too. I'll look into it more today:)

I think the main selling point of the mountain buggy is it's really narrow so good for getting round shops. It seems to be highly recommended on the toddler board. I do like the baby jogger brand so I don't think you can go far wrong with the GT.

I think the main selling point of the mountain buggy is it's really narrow so good for getting round shops. It seems to be highly recommended on the toddler board. I do like the baby jogger brand so I don't think you can go far wrong with the GT.

I don't know what I have never thiught to browse the toddler board! Lol. I have never had anything baby jogger, but it seems to be very highly rated. I just looked up mountain buggy again and remembered what turned me away from it; it has a lower weight limit than the baby jogger. It will be a while before DD outgrows either of the weight limits, but I'd rather get the most bang for my buck:)

aah ok I have small babies it would seem so never needed to check weight limits on pushchairs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->