Civil Ceremony vows help!!

Lauren25

Reaction score
Can someone please help me because I really don't understand how they work!
I'm trying to fill in the paper work now to get our choices etc sent off but I'm getting all confused by the vows!

We have chose Declaratory words - by replying 'i am' to the question
'Are you --- free lawfully to marry ---?'

And contracting words

I call upon these persons here present to witness that I --- do take thee --- to be my lawfully wedded husband (or wife)

Now if we chose to have extra vows how does it work, where do they go? Is it the type of thing still that the registrar says it and you repeat it or Is it something you have to learn and say yourself ?

I've never been to a civil ceremony before (only church weddings) so I don't really understand it all!

If you choose extra vows then i think they are normally said between the declaration and the contracting words :shrug: and with our registry office you have to learn them/have them written down

ETA: I mean you have to memorise additional vows. The declaration/contracting words are read to you for you to repeat.

Aly's right about your own vows. The choices on the form are simply that: choices. You have the traditional, the modern traditional, and the basic.

Can you email your registry office and ask?

Im having this problem, i want something more than the basic as it sound like your agreeing to a loan but i wont want to memorise something too soppy

Thanks everyone!!
I want it to be more personal but we both hate speaking so there is noway we'll be able to remember or even read something of a piece of paper! I think ill just stick with what you have to have!!

I would speak to your registrar. Assuming you don't want an essay then I'm ire they won't mind reading the lines to you.
All my examples of short vows are on my laptop and this forum doesn't work on my laptop but we are only saying an extra one or two lies to each other. I've taken a picture of my computer screen of some of the examples...

https://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p507/hotpics2012/E1A26649-0618-4FCC-8507-C6A9F29FAF11-14631-000003D6F9F6F342.jpg

:haha: sorry for he really messy way of showing you. If I could post from my laptop then I would have just copied them properly. Haha

All my examples of short vows are on my laptop and this forum doesn't work on my laptop but we are only saying an extra one or two lies to each other.

Eeeek what a typo :rofl:

I really like those vows, especially the first one. Did you write them or find them online?

All my examples of short vows are on my laptop and this forum doesn't work on my laptop but we are only saying an extra one or two lies to each other.

Eeeek what a typo :rofl:

I really like those vows, especially the first one. Did you write them or find them online?
:rofl::rofl::rofl: I do love my phone sometimes...!!

I didn't write them, no. I found them online and then I've changed a few and mashed a few together. Even the ones that you think "I can't imagine myself saying that" can usually be either re-worded or re-structured so that you are still saying the same thing without it sounding too 'forced', if you know what I mean?

We've not decided on the ones we like yet. We most probably wont say the same though. I think I will say more to OH than he will say to me :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->