Clear blue digi....how reliable?

M

mummyvikki

Hi ladies,
Congratulations to all.

On Friday I tested at 3days over due AF. I only have a 25day cycle so knew I was most likely pregnant.
Got two strong positives on cheap tests and then brought a two pack of clear blue digi's.
Test confirmed pregnancy and said 1-2weeks.
I have left it 48hrs and according to my app j should be 4+4weeks, had taken my 2nd test and it still stays 1-2weeks??
I thought by 4+ I would be getting 2-3? And because HCG doubles in 48hrs I would have hoped to see a 2-3 at least?

Thank you xx

Could just be late implantation, I know I ovulated day 14 but didn't implant till 4/5 days later in my cycle x

I'm hoping that is the case then. Have terrible back ache which worrys me but I know it can all just be round pains and stuff. I lost a baby last July just 8dsys after our positive test, so every pain and then this test just scares me :( xx

I didn't get 2-3 til almost 5 weeks Please don't let the indicator stress you out x

I've heard the indicators can be quite poor at reading things totally correctly. Some people do get the right number of weeks but others don't which is definitely stressful.

I hope it will be a sticky bean for you <3

If im not mistaken the digis go based on the level of hcg present to detect your weeks. However it doewnt show the same weeks that drs calculate as it calculates by rough conception. Drs calculate by lmp. The digi does not know lmp.

Yes, digis count weeks from ovulation rather than your last LMP, so 1-2 weeks on the digi would mean 3-4 in reality :)

Did you use fmu? I took one of those tests expecting 3+ but took the test in the afternoon and it only showed 2-3, took one again the following morning it showed 3+x

You can't really get a fully accurate estimate based on hcg alone, anyway, so there is also that inherent flaw in the tests.

How soon after getting a positive hpt did you ladies get a positive CB Digi? I just got my first VFP this morning at 9dpo, and I don't want to see "negative" because I've tested too early with a less sensitive test like the digis.

Those tests are so unreliable! I got a 1-2 a few days after my bfp, then a 2-3 the next week but then a few days later I got a 1-2 weeks again. Of course I freaked out as they were all taken with fmu. But had my blood levels checked and all was fine. My doctor said they really should just be used as a guide and the only reliable way to check levels are rising is through repeat bloods. I didn't get my 3+ till I was almost 7 weeks.

I don't think they are that reliable and definitely shouldn't be taken as gospel. Definitely take with FMU to have any chance of decent result. I only got 2-3 weeks when I was about 5 weeks pregnant, and 3+ when almost 6. I ignored the FMU advice and tested in the afternoon a couple of times and got 1-2's when I expected 2-3 and got stressed!

Remember that it estimates weeks past ovulation, not weeks pregnant (from lmp).

Thank you all for your reply's.
I've seen many posts now saying how unreliable they are.
I'me still holding out hope and did a pink dye test today and got a very very strong positive darker than the control line so I won't be testing any more now xx

I think which digi it is has an effect on its accuracy, too. I've heard that the CB digis w/weeks are more sensitive than the ones without.

I did manage to get a positive on the weeks at 10dpo, but that's the exception rather than the rule, as I understand. I've read a LOT about it taking until 5 weeks pregnant or so before you get a result!

I took the cb digi. I'm not going to take each day as it comes now :) thanks for your reply hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->