Clear Blue Fertility Monitor Question

sarahcbfmq

Reaction score
Hi All! New to this site but it's really helped me over the past few months so though I would post a question.
I've been using the CBFM for three months now. I have fairly consistent cycles ranging from 27-28 days. First month, highs from CD 6-8, peak on CD 9 (thought it was early so glad to have the monitor!), but my period came very early that month with a cycle length of 24-25 days. Second month, high CD 10, peak on CD 11, had "normal" cycle of 27 days. Now I am on CD 11 and still showing lows.

I have been testing with FMU but sometimes I get up to pee in the night and thus only test in the morning with 3 or so hours of FMU.

Anyone have inconsistent readings on the CBFM and still get pregnant? I am nervous I didnt actually ovulate the first month of CBFM and now will not ovulate this month. Of course I have convinced myself everything under the sun could be wrong. Am I putting too much stock in the CBFM? HELP! Thank you!

Looking forward to responses on this... I too find the monitor and its timings confusing. ie FMU 3 or 4 hours in between - that said, I still get low, highs & the peaks on correct days. Although some months I have been known to go from low to peak. However by this time all my usual signs of ovulation are showing. I still manage to worry myself about it all though...

Thanks KittyKan. Am hoping I go straight to peak tomorrow or perhaps at least a high. Am feeling signs of ovulation (some twinges where I think my ovaries are, feel more aroused during BDing), but am worried. Of course, the month after we began TTC, found out FOUR close friends all pregnant, all due in December! So happy for them, but totally freaked me out/messed with my head! Trying to relax and BD as much as possible while waiting for the monitor to give me good news.

No problem hun. Thats exactly what you should do sarahcbfmq. Try and relax and BD as much as poss! Remember its the BD-ing which get you pregnant not the monitor! Tough hearing about the friends - its so hard when you're hurting inside. And for me personally ttc is such a private thing.

Also it can take a while to get to know you, so you may find in the first initial months of using it - the highs are later in the cycle as it begin to be able to detect the surge better.

I wouldnt worry though, your cycles are about the same as mine 26-28 days. (Mainly 28 now Ive started with b6) and I usually ovulate on cycle day 13/14. Also you might go from low to peak. I am on cycle day 10 & still showing low (although I did one of the cheapie opk and there was a wee super faint line)

Dont worry and bd regularly. Be good to hear how you get on.
Good luck and baby dust! xx

Today, CD 12, I received a high reading. I am fairly sure the CBFM is accurately predicting my ovulation because if I get a Peak tomorrow and ovulate, I will be perfectly on track with my 14-15 day luteal phase.

I'll keep updating here just in case anyone needs this thread in the future.

I'd like to add that I think, because the monitor only takes readings every 24 hours, that I may have begun the high rise yesterday during the day, and the monitor picked it up this morning. Which is why I feel I could ovulate tomorrow, even if I didnt see the peak today. DH and I will BD tonight so that if the egg does drop tomorrow, hopefully there will be sperm up there!

BTW, I think this was our "mistake" last month - we didnt BD the high day - which means the egg could have dropped the next day, and even though we BDd the day of the peak, it could have been too late!

I think the same happened to us last month. Think i need to try & learn to trust the monitor. I missed out the other day and had probably only 3 hour concentrated FMU.

Do you feel any ov pain now or have ewcm? I am on cycle day 11 today & I have the former but not the latter...yet.

Last night I got up in the night and fumbled around for a plastic cup to pee. Then I peed in it a bit more when I woke up this morning. I do think it helped the monitor's accuracy.

Ov pain for the last 3-4 days. I can't tell on the EWCM front... Maybe? Not a ton that I can feel but hopefully it's up there. We have been using pre-seed this month (not inserting it but using it for general lubrication) for the first time and we both really like it. Plus it's almost like "spicing things up" because it causes new and different sensations.

KittyKan I hope we both get our BFPs this month! Baby dust to you!

Oh gosh me too! ��
Mixing the FMU, that's a good idea. Will try that!
Good luck!!! Xx

Today I got another high on the CBFM, but seriously feel that my window is shut. Could CBFM have missed my rise in LH?

Not having any more twinges/cramping in my ovaries and I am in a terrible, short mood! Could that be because I ovulated and the rise of progesterone causing moodiness? DH and I BDd again last night, so we will see. I think I may be officially in the 2WW.

Yes, I think one more go tonight if possible will help me feel we at least did all we can this cycle... I don't temp. I wake up so much during the night I don't know that it would work for me. Do you think CBFM could have possibly missed the LH surge? Where are you at, KittyKan? Did you see the egg?

No I dont think the cbfm has missed it at all, I dont think its ov time for you yet. I am hoping you see peak soon. What cycle day are you again? Im cd12. Another way to tell if you've ov'ed (for me anyway) is to check if your CM is it dryer? If you wake up much hotter than usual (temps have spiked, just a general feeling even if you're not temping) And is your downstairs area generally tighter and not so inviting to the party (lol)

I havent seen the egg yet either :( it should be here by Friday at the latest. I flipping hope so, as I too am getting worried. DH keeps telling me to calm down and that apparently I panic like this every month. This cant be helpful....! I am trying not to worry. But I have never wanted to see the egg more than this month. I have never had any trouble ovulating/seeing the signs and the + tests in the past.

This morning I used a OPK cheapie and there was a very faint line thankfully.

We BD'd last night and probably will again tonight. Sometimes I also worry we'll do it too much and by the time the eggy does show - we'd have over done it. But I have heard of so many women getting pregnant in the days leading up to ov, so I just dont know.

How often are you BD-ing?

Wish I could be more go with the flow with it. I am just so desperate for my BFP.

I am on CD 13 now. We have been BDing last 4 nights based on my previous CBFM readings, and we are both getting a bit tired. LOL. I guess we should probably try again tonight, but I feel the same way that by the time the egg shows we will be so exhausted and not as into it. Perhaps my moodiness is my rise in estrogen before/around O and not the progesterone after O. Hard to tell on the EWCM and temp. I guess last two nights I have felt insomnia and restless. Perhaps it's like an animal in heat. LOL!

This whole process is just so crazy - I hate feeling out of control.

I bet you get your egg tomorrow, KittyKan! I know how you feel about being desperate for the BFP. This whole waiting to O, then waiting for the test window is literally the craziest process, especially because these days we have everything on command - food, internet, tv, etc. The process goes against all modern conveniences. BDing every day shouldn't be a problem for the sperm, so we should both try to do it every day! Thanks for your support!

You're welcome thank you for yours too. You've helped me too and I hope we both get want!

TTC is a difficult all-consuming experience especially when we are like you said used to getting everything on demand -so true! Havent wanted something this much ever in my life! And this 'need' only crept up on me relatively recently.

Anyway good luck. Keep testing & dont give up hope. PMA! Hope you get some other answers from some other ladies using the cbfm. Saw your other post, so hopefully that can offer some support for you too.

x

Well, another high for CD 14. Guess we will see in two weeks! Hope you got your egg today, KittyKan!

Hi Sarah,
Hope you got on OK & I hope you got your Peak. I got my eggy (peak) this morning. But I also got a positive OPK yesterday. I feel I have/will ovulated in the last 24h, if that makes sense, as I feel my temps have risen.

Keep me updated during your 2ww. I am really keen not to symptom spot this month - wish me luck with that on lol.
Good luck!

I love my monitor I got pregnant the first month using it! Glad to have it this time as we are getting ready to try for a sibling.

I do know that it can be sporadic the first month when learning your cycle. If you are getting highs try to baby dance at least every other day. I also try to BD on the peak, however, the last time we got pregnant BD only on the high days and none of our peaks! It is better to have the sperm waiting for the egg :)

Also, I ovulated CD8/9 too and I am about a 26/27 day cycle, that is interesting I forget who but someone on here said they ovulated that early too! I say have fun, trust the monitor and it will happen ladies!!

Good points. I totally trust my monitor, hasn't let me down so far!

Thanks CastawayBride and KittyKan. I have been literally driving myself and DH crazy the past week with symptom spotting. The moment of truth is coming in the next two days. I took at test at 9/10 DPO and it was negative. But for some reason, I dont think I'm out yet. I'll let you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->