Clear Blue Fertility Monitor Question

Thanks CastawayBride and KittyKan. I have been literally driving myself and DH crazy the past week with symptom spotting. The moment of truth is coming in the next two days. I took at test at 9/10 DPO and it was negative. But for some reason, I dont think I'm out yet. I'll let you know.

Fingers crossed for you!!! :)

Great! So you got your peak in the end! Good luck. Keep us informed!

No! I never got a peak! I stopped testing either day 16 or 17. I got highs from day 12 on. I am pretty sure I ovulated (not temping) because my BBs have been incredibly sore and heavy. I've been feeling persistent light cramping in both ovaries starting around day 19 through day 24ish, mainly in my left ovary.

How are you doing KittyKan?

No! I never got a peak! I stopped testing either day 16 or 17. I got highs from day 12 on. I am pretty sure I ovulated (not temping) because my BBs have been incredibly sore and heavy. I've been feeling persistent light cramping in both ovaries starting around day 19 through day 24ish, mainly in my left ovary.

How are you doing KittyKan?

I don't remember, was this your first cycle on the CBFM? The First cycle always uses the most tests, until it learns your cycle. The second cycle should use much less sticks...

Hi ladies - hope you don't mind me jumping on...this is my first cycle using a cbfm and I'm on cd 18, getting highs since cd11, but I have to say I think that's true b/c my opks the last few days are ALMOST positive but not quite. However, I've read a lot of threads that state that many women do not get a peak their first month using cbfm as it's still learning your cycle but every cycle after should be more accurate. Just wanted to share! Good luck to you all!

Hiya Sarah! I'm ok thanks. I'm currently in 2ww, think about 8 or 9 dpo. Really trying not to symptom spot. Just enjoying the bank hol and chillaxing with the hubby.

Strange you didnt get a peak, but yes im3 it can take time for the monitor to get used to you, I hear many women on here say that. I found it ok first month but I think everyone is different. I sometimes like to use cheapie OPKs as back up though if I am having a particularly paro month lol

Oh Sarah I forgot to ask... Are you going to wait for AF to be potentially late or test before?
Wishing us ALL lots of luck this month. Xx

I start to test at 8 DPO personally :)

Last time I had faint positive at 8 DPO, positive on FRER at 9 DPO.

I'm wayyy too scared to do that castaway! Would rather late for my AF to be late. How are you castaway? What stage of this maddening process are you at hun xx

I have seen your loss in your signature now. I am sorry for your loss. I don't really know how the body works after something so devastating so sorry if my question seemed insensitive x

I have seen your loss in your signature now. I am sorry for your loss. I don't really know how the body works after something so devastating so sorry if my question seemed insensitive x

I am OK Kitty, we miss our son terribly but look forward to welcoming a sibling. I have had my first AF post partum, and on CD6 already. The monitor said high today but I am on my first cycle with it so it may be learning my cycles. Hoping it picks up on my ovulation though, we are thinking we will give it a go this cycle. I am having ankle surgery on Friday, hoping to not be on too many pain meds and will give it a go.

I admire your bravery and resilience castaway, absolutely devastating loss to have to endure. Your beautiful boy is with the angels now, being well looked after.

Glad to hear your using the monitor, your peak should come shortly if you're getting highs. It can take time, so good luck with it. Just keep testing. Did you start from cd5? Wishing you luck this cycle.

If you don't mind my asking what is post partum?

I admire your bravery and resilience castaway, absolutely devastating loss to have to endure. Your beautiful boy is with the angels now, being well looked after.

Glad to hear your using the monitor, your peak should come shortly if you're getting highs. It can take time, so good luck with it. Just keep testing. Did you start from cd5? Wishing you luck this cycle.

If you don't mind my asking what is post partum?

In the US the time after baby is PostPartum, meaning after baby. I started the monitor up on the 3rd day, today was the first day it asked for a test. I usually had highs until early teens. That is when I usually saw my peak, but since I gave birth, not sure if my cycle will be the same :)

Isn't the ovary pain weird Sarah..? I have gotten that some months. Did you ever get that too castaway-has it ever a symptom for you?

Sometimes I wonder if you can have genuine pregnancy symptoms so early or if it's that same every month including unsuccessful cycles...Have asked a few pregnant ladies or those that have been and I can never seem to get a straight answer lol

So sorry for your loss, CastawayBride. A girlfriend also had a loss and commented that it was sad, but at least she knew she could get pregnant, so that gave her some comfort. She is now 8 months pregnant with a boy!

I am going to wait for AF to come, or not come. If she doesn't come by Wednesday morning I will test.

This is my third month using the monitor and I got peaks the first two months, just not this third month, and I agree that it's common for women not to get a peak that first month as it learns your cycle.

If AF comes this month DH and I are going in for basic testing. A cousin told me that we should not wait a year to get basic hormone levels/sperm count tested.

And yes, the ovary pain was VERY strange. It was mainly in my left ovary, and that is the side where the breast is more enlarged and very sore.

Castaway, I hope you didnt take my comments above to be insensitive. I told you about my friend to illustrate that I know you will have a sibling for your angel baby. You are amazing.

I spoke with my OB/GYN last night and she said the CBFM is not always an accurate predictor of whether or not one ovulates. If I get AF, I am going in on Friday and she will take a look at my ovaries to make sure they are ok considering the pressure I've felt this cycle.

AF is coming today, I know it. I got home last night from work at 10:30 pm and my breasts were no longer sore and large. I take it my progesterone is dropping and my body is getting ready for AF. Very sad today. When she comes, I may leave work and meet DH for a drink. Probably not healthy, but I am just feeling so down today. Also probably related to incoming AF and drop in progesterone. :(

Isn't the ovary pain weird Sarah..? I have gotten that some months. Did you ever get that too castaway-has it ever a symptom for you?

Sometimes I wonder if you can have genuine pregnancy symptoms so early or if it's that same every month including unsuccessful cycles...Have asked a few pregnant ladies or those that have been and I can never seem to get a straight answer lol

I do get ovulation pain, for example on August 12th I ovulated first time since giving birth, out of my left ovary. I felt it, feels sort of like period cramping.

Castaway, I hope you didnt take my comments above to be insensitive. I told you about my friend to illustrate that I know you will have a sibling for your angel baby. You are amazing.

I spoke with my OB/GYN last night and she said the CBFM is not always an accurate predictor of whether or not one ovulates. If I get AF, I am going in on Friday and she will take a look at my ovaries to make sure they are ok considering the pressure I've felt this cycle.

AF is coming today, I know it. I got home last night from work at 10:30 pm and my breasts were no longer sore and large. I take it my progesterone is dropping and my body is getting ready for AF. Very sad today. When she comes, I may leave work and meet DH for a drink. Probably not healthy, but I am just feeling so down today. Also probably related to incoming AF and drop in progesterone. :(

Not insenstive at all, we truly hope to catch a rainbow :)

Oh I hope AF stays away!!

Absolutlely cbfm is only an indication your body is about to ovulate as the LH hormone is being detected, it is no guarantee you have. I think only ov pain (only for some) AND a temp rise confirm that.

Hope AF stays away for you Sarah!

BFP! I knew for a few days and didn't need the test to tell me. I did not get the high on the CBFM, but I think it's because I used the bathroom during the night and/or it missed my surge. Still, it helped me have a feeling of control over the whole process and did make me realize I O earlier in my cycle than the 14th (average) day.

My symptoms were very clear. I think I O'd either CD 12 or 13. My breasts were MUCH more tender and larger than normal starting 9 dpo. I thought I might just have a lot of progesterone happening, but they were honestly way more sore than they have been since I've been paying attention over the past 10 or 11 cycles. I had HEAVY and much more intense pressure in my ovaries, mostly on my left but also on my right side, which was unusual, both in the constancy and intensity of the pressure, but also the fact that it look place on my right side, as it usually happens to me around the time of O on the left. It is unusual for me to get such persistent ovary pains 7-11 dpo.

I knew it on 11 dpo when I started to fell slight pressure/cramps in my uterus, which was way too early for AF. These message boards have helped me so much I said I would post my symptoms if/when I got my BFP, so here goes:

O either CD 12 or 13 due to CM and O pains. Plus I got my first high CD 12 but pretty sure CBFM was running about 12-18 hours behind.
1-6 DPO - nothing.
7-9 DPO - heavy, tight, increasing ovary pressure/cramping on mainly left but also right side. DH and I both noticed slight changes to areolas (a more prominent but almost nothing) and breasts and nipples were just a bit more pointed.
10 DPO - negative on pregnancy test (FRER). Very depressing.
8-12 DPO - breasts VERY sore and large and heavy. Taking off my bra was painful. That kind of pain, coupled with the heaviness clued me in.
13 DPO - breasts not as sore. Notice wet feeling down below, clear CM with no odor.
14 DPO - breasts sore again, start to notice the blue veins.
12-15 DPO - cramping/heaviness in uterus. I just know now, never felt this.

Missed period.

15 DPO - BFP!!!!!!

Wow, overwhelmed and excited to get the confirmation I already knew was coming. Here we go. Pray for this one to stick and be healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->