Clear blue hpt warning!!!

Fiore

Reaction score
I went to buy a Clear Blue Preg Test today and the pharmacist warned me that they had received a note warning them that they are 'slightly faulty' and anything the test reads after 3 minutes should be disregarded. I don't know about you ladies but I'm not going to be taking any chance with it!

I'm not sure if it's a local thing (manchester area) or what? Just thought I would warn everyone xxx

hi

r u talking about the Clear blue digi or the other ones??

hi

r u talking about the Clear blue digi or the other ones??

I think it is the other ones, she didn't say. I couldn't grill her about it as my manager walked in and I just wanted to pay and leave xx

yeah i wouldn't touch these if you paid me. Before we started ttc i though i was pregnant as i was really late for my period (as if its that easy - oh how little i knew!) and i got 4 - yes 4 false positives on clearblue (non-digi version). I really wouldn't ever trust them. After a little research i found out they were notorious for this.

I got false positives on them too, last year! I'd never buy them again. xx

Wow, that's horrible. Why don't they take these off the market?!

Slightly faulty?? Are you kidding me? Could you imagine thinking you were accidentally pregnant and getting a false positive because of a slight fault?? They should take these off the market!

I nearly bought a CB but the First Response was cheaper - glad I opted for that one now!

The blue dye tests just need taken off the market, period. They're all slightly faulty, as best I can tell.

I also think all the tests that keep giving us :bfn:s are slightly faulty... they're all liars! LOL

The blue dye tests just need taken off the market, period. They're all slightly faulty, as best I can tell.

I also think all the tests that keep giving us :bfn:s are slightly faulty... they're all liars! LOL

LOL!!!!

I never knew all this! Not getting CB again!!!

Crap......I have 2 sitting in my drawer waiting to be used!!! Oh well, guess before I get my hopes up on anything I'll get a second opinion from a FR or something!!

Thanks for the warning Fiore.

yeah i wouldn't touch these if you paid me. Before we started ttc i though i was pregnant as i was really late for my period (as if its that easy - oh how little i knew!) and i got 4 - yes 4 false positives on clearblue (non-digi version). I really wouldn't ever trust them. After a little research i found out they were notorious for this.

a few years back...my boyfriend and i were not planning a pregnancy and we always used condoms. my period came one day but it was only very light and that was it. I still felt like crampy and and it got worse day by day. So i took a CB test. It came back with a faint pos. so the next day...i took another one..same thing. Then a week later...two more positives but they were darker. I called up my boyfriend and told him. he wasnt too pleased but was very supportive. 3 weeks later...i started bleeding. I went up to emerge that day because i was also having bad cramps and they told me that they found no HCG in my system!

due to the fact that we always used condoms and they found no HCG in my system...i highly doubt that i MC. I only wish that i would have tested with a different brand!

Thanks for the warning. They shouldn't be allowed to sell them, madness!

a few years back...my boyfriend and i were not planning a pregnancy and we always used condoms. my period came one day but it was only very light and that was it. I still felt like crampy and and it got worse day by day. So i took a CB test. It came back with a faint pos. so the next day...i took another one..same thing. Then a week later...two more positives but they were darker. I called up my boyfriend and told him. he wasnt too pleased but was very supportive. 3 weeks later...i started bleeding. I went up to emerge that day because i was also having bad cramps and they told me that they found no HCG in my system!

due to the fact that we always used condoms and they found no HCG in my system...i highly doubt that i MC. I only wish that i would have tested with a different brand!

That's terrible!!!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Thanks for the warning. They shouldn't be allowed to sell them, madness!

No problem hun, I know that everyone is in the same situation as me re wanting acurate results so wanted to warn everyone about this xxx

Okay so on Tuesday I find out if I'm pregnant or not.. After reading this I am having doubts.. as I used 3 clearblue +/- tests and they all came back faint but positive! then I took one other of another brand (can't remember what brand, pink dye) and it also came back positive, I took them different days at different times of the day and within less then a minute they all came back positive.. Am I really pregnant? I am so excited but my dr couldn't see me til Tuesday (its currently Sunday) and now I am worried that these tests may be wrong..?:cloud9:

This thread is really old, so hopefully the 'slightly faulty' thing has been corrected since the thread starter posted this. Saying that, blue dye tests are still notorious for giving false positives and evaps.

If you hadn't already, I would have suggested you test with a pink dye test, but as you said you already have and it is positive I would say congratulations!

You could try a different brand of pink dye test just to reassure yourself, but as you said the pink line came up within a minute, it's likely it's a true positive.

I second that. For years I actually thought it was NORMAL to get a faint 2nd line on the blue tests, because I always did (and was not pregnant). It wasn't until we started TTC and I found this forum that I found out that it was not normal and even a faint line should be considered a BFP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->