Cleft Lip opinions

nnaime

Blessed Mother of 2 little ones
Reaction score
I'm looking at my babys last two ultrasound images and I'm noticing what looks like a cleft lip and I'm not sure what to do, I can only wait for my next appointment on Wednesday.

I was also diagnosed with polyhydraminios during my last ultrasound

What you ladies think? I'm really working myself up

Attachments

• IMG-20170915-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20170915-WA0001.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 1510977477290-205948608.jpg
    1510977477290-205948608.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 66
These are the only pictures of his face that we have, he always has his hands in his face. The first one was at 21w and the second one at 30w

It doesn't look like it to me, but I really think the sonographer or your doctor would notice a cleft lip on a scan if you think you can see it. I wouldn't analyze a scan to that detail. There are very highly trained professionals looking at these scans!!

Definitely what pp said. The scanner would have noticed, cleft lip and palate are one of the things they specifically look for. And 3D pics are notoriously lumpy/bumpy. Judging by the first pic, baby's got no eyes! My 3D pics except for one or two amazingly clear facial ones also have baby's face distorted and looking like there are/aren't things that shouldn't/should be there.

My sister had polyhydramnios in both her pregnancies and extensive research never revealed any link to cleft lip. Also, my uncle and cousin both have cleft lips (I must stress these people are NOT blood related to my sister in any way, no genetic link) and there was no polyhydramnios with either of them. No link as far as I know.

Sorry for the stressful poly diagnosis, though - and sorry for the extra weight you're carrying! I know it can mean extra discomfort for mum. But try not to worry. The doctors will look after you and baby. And they would've noticed a cleft lip on the scan, especially as they were moving the probe around and also seeing baby move. We're only looking at snapshots here (and I don't see anything that would worry me in either of them).

Enjoy your lovely scan pics, you'll get to see baby's face soon enough! :flower:

Yes they def would have said something to you as it is one of the abnormalites they look for. It's probably a bit of fluid/shadow moving across in that pic x

I'm looking at my babys last two ultrasound images and I'm noticing what looks like a cleft lip and I'm not sure what to do, I can only wait for my next appointment on Wednesday.

I was also diagnosed with polyhydraminios during my last ultrasound

What you ladies think? I'm really working myself up

:hugs: try not to worry . They specifically check baby at the detailed scan around 20weeks for cleft lip etc . I had polyhydramnios in my last pregnancy . Looks like I'm heading the same way this time . Last time I'd planned to vbac but by 37week I measured 49 (I was very slim uk 10) so we decided an elcs at 38wks was the best for baby and me !! I was struggling to eat , breathe , sleep , walk . Had real struggle with bladder control :blush: :haha: .

I don't see a cleft lip. I hope everything is perfect :)

I think baby looks fine. I am sure they would have spotted it on the ultrasound at the time and said something if there were any issues :flower:

My LO always seems to have her cord in front of her mouth and it can make her lips and nose look crazy weird. The medical place we went to didn't say anything about it... but when we had an elective 3D/4D I asked her if that would make her mouth look funny and she said yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->