Clever, cool, unique names!

I know someone who has a little girl called Serenity, they usually call her Ren though x

Maley is unusual....we made it up!! (its pronounced like Bailey, hayley etc but with an M).....

My cousin is called Lenos (pronounced Lee-nos), again, that was made up!

I went college with a girl called Nishka Angel Petal. Yet her surname was Jones.

my little girl is called eden and there is a little boy and girl in my area called eden so although its not popular its not unheard of round here.
we call her edie or edie mccready sometimes lol

i know someone called bliss, and i know someone whos kids are called george betty and alfie.

i love old names like that!!!!

My friend's niece is called Shiloh, I love it :)

If Roman had been a girl he was going to be called Trinity Eden.

My great grandma was called Minnie.

My mum went to school with twin girls called Gay and Joy!!

i love all these names!
Especially Starla, ive completely fell in love with that!

My cousins are called Storm (girl) and thunder-cloud (boy).
They are keen extream weather watchers and apparently they were concieved during their named weather!
Insane!

My fiance wants our second little girl (not even got the one yet, but ive got dibs on first name) to be called Yunalesca, can be shortened to Yuna, Yunnie (pronounced yooknee). I love it :)

our first is (or will be hopefully when i can bloody concieve) lol Alexa-beverly.

I know of a little girl named October, and a baby girl named Nova! And i went to school with a girl named January!!

I've met a lot of people with unique names - at least to me, as they came from a variety of countries (where it wouldn't have sounded strange).

I love Mirko for a boy.

I have a friend called Calliope - lovely name, and never met a second, she was named after her Greek grandma. I know a French girl called Helix, which sounds really cool to me. Also, I like Ilka for a girl. My OH's grandma is called Genevra, which is pretty unique too.

This thread is really interesting I love it!

My mum sometimes calls me Wren as my name is Jenny...

My eldest child is Niamh which I had thought was less usual in England but then heard of a few, my middle one is Arwen (didn't have a girl name ready and she came out looking elfin ...) and my new baba is Paloma (means dove in spanish and after I shortlisted it confetti doves appeared on my path)

My eldest is at school with a girl named Ilaria and the more unusual names I have met include a woman called Solvig and one called Romy.

My friend was telling me about someone she met who taught a girl called la-a (pronounced ladasha!!! :wacko:) unusual...but not so sure about that one!

Have a friend called Chesann...think she said her mum made it up, cross between Francesca and Ann...I think it's pretty!

I know its not unheard of but my friend is called Ziggi (female) - her Mom was a hue David Bowie fan!

I went to school with a girl called Samala which was shortened to Mala

I love the name Nevaeh or (heaven backwards) for a little girl. We have thought a lot about using it.

How do you pronounce this? It's always confused me.

My son's name is Lucius, I don't know of anyone else named this so I suppose it is a bit unique.

I had a friend who named their daughter Twila. (like twilight but with an a). I never liked it really. I have a newspaper carrier boy named Lyric. And another carrier named Swelaine. Also Kyler, Raven, Augustus, Cliodhna, Flordeliza, Drake, Jesper, Glynis and Aria.

I quite like the names Indigo & Zephyr (Zeff-Urh) for a girl and Remy & Draven for a boy :D

I also have three wonderful nephews named Tobias (middle name River :haha:), Phinehas (Finny-iss) and Dorian, which are all rather uncommon. My sister's named Sarah, hence her strong dislike for common names...think there were one too many Sarahs in her classes growing up!

I love the name Nevaeh or (heaven backwards) for a little girl. We have thought a lot about using it.

my friend was going to name her daughter that instead she named her..... mereyeya... its said like mariah.....but spelled..... mer-eye-ya. i know weird

oh ya i also know some1 with her childs name as serenity and her other daughter is harley. i had a little boy in my day care at work named gage. ive heard the name asher and a few other different ones

i forgot who it was who said shiloh was a new one, i was going to name my dog that, instead i named her shila

for my kids i want caydence(kaydence,kaydance) for a girl and ryder for a boy

I love the name Eden and it would have been Mady's name except Eden and Aiden sound too much alike. :dohh:

Some unusual names I've heard are Cash and Gage (they're brothers), Heaven, Serenity, Destiny, and Bear.

As for the pronunciation of Nevaeh, I (along with my friends) have always pronounced it Na-vay-ah.

As of now I completely love the name Lena and the only time I've heard it is as a character's name in a book.

Most of my siblings have strange names, get a load of these!

Lily Charlisa (me), my olders sister is Ismene (pronounced Iz-man-ay) Luciea (pronounced Lou-Chee-Ah) and my brothers are:

Maxamillian Lorenzo
Tobias Horatio
Emillio Stefaan
Mateo Cruz
Autumn Chester

the other three brothers escaped the strange name phase :)

One of my best friends is named Kamia (cam-ee-uh). It's so pretty & doesn't seem "weird" at all so i'm surprised that she seems to be the one and only!

There was a boy at my school called Blane Blaney..I aways thought that sounded so strange..either that or the parents were just lazy!! He was a popular kid though. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->