Clever, cool, unique names!

my friend has just called her lil boy Micah i think thats pretty unusual and there is a child at my kids school called Coco
xx

At a school I went to there was a lad named Kester and i've never come across that one since.

One of my best friends is named Kamia (cam-ee-uh). It's so pretty & doesn't seem "weird" at all so i'm surprised that she seems to be the one and only!

To me that sounds like you're saying 'Come here' lol

My sil has a son named X-Zorick and a duaghter named Galaxy and expecting another son in Feb. which they plan on naming Kal-El.

I know its not unheard of but my friend is called Ziggi (female) - her Mom was a hue David Bowie fan!

One of my old classmates called herself Ziggy as well, it was short for Zeglinda which is unusual here.

Some of my other classmates had unique names as well (I went to a small artsy school until I was 13) including Micah (boy), Reggy (boy), Coco (girl), and Karyad (girl, pronounced carry-add).

maybe some of them are common in english speaking countries but these are
a few names you don't hear that often here

girls
- Dorothee (Doro for short)
- Nina
- Werena

boys
- Stew
- Tiemen (pronounced like semen but with a T hehe)

Well I'm Deirdre and I work in a call centre and here over 100 names a day and I very rarely speak to Deirdre. I love my name! My sister is Danika and I've never spoken to or met another Danika

actually, how do you pronounce your name? i'm already happy to remember the spelling
but i think i say it all wrong tbh haha, i now say it like "dare-dre" (dre as in Dr Dre)

pronounce it dear-dree but it can be pronounced as dear-dra

I know a girl named Jurnee. I have worked with a family with a cache (cash), river and jazz for boys and red for girl. My son is Jalil and really loving inayah for a girl but dh is not too keen.

my cuzins are reed and gram for boys. never heard those either i know people with some weird names lol

i work in a kids play centre and we get loads of unusual names.most memorable are the regulars

coco/tiger (brother and sister), bay-blue, devlin, raine and storm (sisters)

My BIL's little boy is Casey. I know its not that unusual, but i hear it used a lot more for a girl, he's the only boy Casey i've heard of.
Also, my dad's a priest, and goes into primary schools to do assembly's and the one i always remember is when he came home and said he was helped out by a little boy called Jungle!!

we had a little girl called Zed in my playcentre this week..and apparently her brothers called Zero!

My BIL's little boy is Casey. I know its not that unusual, but i hear it used a lot more for a girl, he's the only boy Casey i've heard of.

I went to primary school with a boy called Casey. I thought it was strange when I later met a girl with that name!

I know this one doesn't really count, but Freya wants to call our new baby "My Little Pony Loveheart"! In fact, she's been telling people that's what we're calling it!! :rofl:

I know of a little girl named Hazel Sapphire... and another little girl named Whisper-Lyn!

I also came up with the name "Halo" for a little girl... although i've never heard anyone use it! But they should!

I love the name Trinity, too, which i think is a bit different! But my OH said "no way!"

Halo is a name of an xbox game my kids play, don't think I could name a child after that game LOL LOL LOL

I love unsual names also

I like Casey for a boy - when i was in high school i had a HUGE crush on a super-cute boy named Casey!! But mostly i hear it used for girls!

I used to babysit for a family & the mom's name was Ominique. Pronounced like Dominique only without the "D".

My co-workers little girl is named Annika... not unheard of... but she's the only one i know.

My brother used to date a girl named Star... and my OH used to date a girl named Rainbow!

I so fell in love with the name Star... in 1987, when I first saw the movie The Lost Boys!! :rofl:
It's one of those ones that I secretly love but would probably never use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->