Clomid Babies - Success stories please!!!!

Hey! My story:

My OH and I started TTC in October of 2008. We knew that I have PCOS and that it may be more difficult for us to conceive. I went to the doctor in February of 2010 (after over a year of trying!) We had a LOT of tests done. It turns out... I wasn't ovulating. I started my first round of Clomid at 50mg. I didn't ovulate. My second round of Clomid was upped to 100mg, but had very low progesterone. My third and fourth rounds of clomid were both at 150mg... I ovulated, just didn't catch he egg. I did my fifth round of clomid 150mg feeling completely hopeless.
I had absolutely no hope that I would get a BFP. I remember thinking this is so POINTLESS! My period was supposed to arrive on wednesday... I kept myself in such denial about how I couldn't possibly be pregnant, that I didn't test until the next TUESDAY!! :haha: I was probably 17DPO.
In October of 2010, after two years of heartache, we got our big fat POSITIVE :bfp:

Clomid isn't a miracle drug-- but it DOES work. Don't lose hope. Also, if you are overweight, it may help if you lose a few pounds. I only lost 10 and that did the trick. (I'm about 230lbs.) Good luck & baby dust to all you ladies trying!!!!

Thank you for your story. It fills me with hope that this will happen. PCOS can be soul destroying at times but it's good to feel that there is a way around it xx

we just got to believe that anything is possible! :)

After being diagonosed with PCOS, I was put on Clomid 100mg and both times I was on it I got pregnant. The first time I was on it I had a M/C, the doctor I was seeing didn't put me on progestrone and didn't even test it. The second time well lets just say Im now almost 17 weeks pregnant with a little girl! At first I did have twins but I got diagonosed with Vanishing Twin Syndrome. I see a different doctor now who told me when your on clomid that you have to be put on progestrone right away. So I really wonder if the first M/C could have prevented. This is what I did to get pregnant, I bought one of those clear blue digital fertilty monitors, those are the best things in the world told me exactly when I was most fertile. The next thing is not to wait till you ovulate to have :sex: have it a couple of days before and a day before :spermy: can live in you for 5 days or more and Eggs only last about 48 hours or less. The other thing we did is after we had :sex: I put on of those instead cups in right after and left in till morning. It helps keep everything in.
That it is what I did and we TTC a whole 2 monthes and got pregnant both times. :cloud9:

Wow congratulations hun xx

I also use softcups and i think they are fab. none of this keeping my legs in the air for hours lol

I am on Clomid and have never been advised about progesterone. You can get this without a presciption cant you? Do you think i should get some incase i get a BFP? My CD21 bloods have shown high Progesterone levels after ovulation xx

I would ask your doctor about it. I don't think the creams or anything like that do any good because most of it doesnt absorb into your body that well. Im not sure what my progestrone was because they never tested it. If you do get a :bfp: I would go see the doctor right away and let them test your progestrone level again.

Thanks hun ill definately push for that x

ive got a gorgeous clomid miracle sitting on my knee as i write,
it took 2 year but we got there in the end.

after coming of the pill i didnt have af for nearly 12 months,had loads of blood test/scans etc and was finally diagnosed with pcos,was given clomid tablets to take and on the 7 month of being on them finally got my bfp.

wow ive been TTC for 4 years im now on my 3rd month of clomid, :) what lovely stories its always nice to hear success stories it boosts your PMA! & gives you hope that miracles can happen

I like hearing these PCOS success stories. I built Clomid up so much before starting it i thought that it would work in the first few cycles so now i am on my 3rd the PMA was slowing dwindling. Alot of the success stories i have read over the past few weeks have been on 4+ cycles so i know i have to keep my PMA up and just be patient xxx

I have never had Clomid myself, but am a result of Clomid along with my twin brother - have no clue how long my Mom was on it or at what dose she took it though.

am on 9dpo on my first clomid / iui cycle. emotions are a rollercoaster - am excited about possibility of bfp and terrified of af coming again. thanks for all your stories here. it's inspiring to know that clomid does work!

hey girls hope u are all well. just checking in. I read the posts every once in awhile. I am on month #10 TTC #2 and my 4th cycle of clomid.
I started on CD5-9 50mg for 3 cycles
this cycle which I am on now I did CD3-7 100mg took it into my own hands and upped myself. had my HSG test done Dec 2nd and all came out great thank god. did a S/A home kit and it was positive :winkwink: :thumbup: thank god. if by march i am not PG we will be doing IUI thats whats been going on with me hope everyone has a safe nad wonderful New year

adding my success story -
wasn't ovulating on my own after Mirena removal. Took provera and clomid (50mg).. ovulated just fine... started to suspect low progesterone though and on my 3rd round I got blood tests which showed it was low. Did a 4th round at 50mg then took a 2 month break (ovulated on my own both cycles! but low progesterone again). Did a round at 100mg round, progesterone finally hit normal, got my BFP!

I had to switch doctors to get the 100mg I knew I'd need to get my progesterone higher. I had 2 suspected chemical pregnancies during those cycles.

love hearing success stories! thanks for sharing your lisaf. did you have crazy symptoms on clomid during your 2ww? My bb's are the sorest they've ever been during the 2ww, and it's my first time on clomid, so I'm thinking it's prob clomid? I'm on 10dpo and driving myself crazy.

I never had sore boobs before AF until the clomid... it got my hopes up for sure but I wasn't pregnant.
When I was pregnant, the sore boobs didn't really kick in until after my period was late. Hope that helps!

I got pregnant on my 5th cycle of clomid. I was taking 100mg and 2000mg metformin. I'm still in shock that I'm actually pregnant! really didn't think it would happen for a long time.
It didnt help that people just kept saying don't worry your only young you've got plenty of time! I'm 23, and just relax and it will happen! er....no it wont! I hadn't ovulated in 11months before I went on the provera to start AF then the clomid.

Good luck to everyone :thumbup:

I have really enjoyed reading the success stories on this thread! It has given me a bit of a boost of confidence! I am starting my 1st round of clomid this cycle CD 5-9. I'm hoping for BFP this cycle....have been TTC #1 since Sept 2009! Also, I have always ovulated and dr is starting me on 50mg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->