Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

People are probably wondering why I was in the loo for so long! Don't know why I feel the need to torture myself!

Af. Again. What a surprise.. But at least I'm happy with my post o temps last cycle. I took vitex and will continue this cycle too. We are packing last stuff tomorrow and moving people coming on Friday, what a time to be alive... Sigh.

No more morning smoothies until the ship arrives and deliver our stuff in France.. Sigh..

Sorry to hear AF got you Nor. Best of luck with the move!

Sorry about AF Nore. It's also crazy how quickly your move came up!!

Belle-I remember you were taking myoinositol, have you noticed any difference after taking it? Improvement? What dosage are you taking? I am taking myoinositol 2000mg per day, and I removed L'arginine from my supplement. I've been taking myoinositol for awhile, but I haven't noticed any difference. Thank you!

Rawan I can't say I have noticed differences but I can say that I got 3 follicles on the lowest dose of femara. I don't know if that's due to the inositol or if I just respond easily. I take th same dose as you are!

Thank you Belle! I respond very well to femara when I first tried it, I got 2 mature follicles...but lately I've been getting only 1 leading follicle with Femara. That's really good you got 3 follicles! Were they all mature ones?
Rawan I can't say I have noticed differences but I can say that I got 3 follicles on the lowest dose of femara. I don't know if that's due to the inositol or if I just respond easily. I take th same dose as you are!

Ya they were all mature. I'm not too sure how I ended up with 3 mature follicles lol. But I guess all the ovulation cramping I've been having makes sense now

Good luck with this cycle! I think you have good chance with 3 follicles! :)
Ya they were all mature. I'm not too sure how I ended up with 3 mature follicles lol. But I guess all the ovulation cramping I've been having makes sense now

Started lightly spotting today - AF should show tomorrow (3 days after last progesterone supp).

Earth - twice on 50mg clomid I didn't O until cd 19-20 which is late for me.

Belle - how are you feeling? Still early I know...

Nore - sorry about AF :( Onward and upward!

I'm thinking about going to another fertility clinic that only does fertility treatment and getting a 2nd opinion. I just have this feeling that IUI isn't our solution and want to move on. Willing to do one more but not sure if I should just move on to IVF after that...I'll be 35 in October and I want more than one!

Ask I can understand the way you feel. It is easy to get discouraged with IUIs.

I'm only 5 dpo today, so anything I'm feeling is just progesterone related. That said I'm definitely irritable and emotional today. I had a good cry before it was even 8AM. I think its maybe just extra progesterone, but I guess I'll find out on Saturday if thats the case or not.

Ask, do you think your current doctor would let you do IVF after two IUIs, or they really want you to do three IUIs first? IVF could definitely help speed things up for you, and I totally get that. I'll be 34 in July, so I am year behind you, and I want more than one too. I am feeling the pressure as well, but I'm sure I'd be feeling even more pressure a year from now. If it's hard to have a child now, I worry that it's going to be harder to have a second in a few years (let alone if you want more than 2), but if you have embryos ready to go, that would be very helpful.

I got blood work done today (cd3) and all looked good, so I got the go-ahead to start femara tonight. I am only prescribed femara for this cycle, but I had refills left from my clomid, so I decided that I am going to take clomid as well without telling my doctor. Part of me feels really uneasy doing that... I felt rebellious last cycle just taking the femara a few extra days, so I really feel rebellious this cycle. but I just finished with 4 failed IUIs and I am only doing timed intercourse this cycle, so I feel like I need to do something extra. my RE said she'd prescribe me injectables, but my insurance won't cover them and they are too expensive for me, so this is what I can afford right now. In one study I was reading the women took clomid in the afternoon and femara in the evening, and had pretty good results, so I am going to give it a shot and see what happens.

Im cd17 today and have Od cd19 and 21 but i just have a feeling....

I have heard of Soy and Clomid and double doses of Clomid but never FE and Clomid!

Im cd17 today and have Od cd19 and 21 but i just have a feeling....

I have heard of Soy and Clomid and double doses of Clomid but never FE and Clomid!

Yeah I'm CD20 today and have my blood tests this afternoon, but I'm convinced it hasn't happened again for me this time. We go on holiday next Wednesday so I'm hoping to get the results before then.

You're such a rebel LAR, clomid and femara at the same time! Oh my!!

Ya, the nice thing about IVF is that if it is successful your fertility is preserved in a sense (as long as you have some frosties).

I think we're going to aim to do IVF in November or January if IUI doesn't work out for us. The dumb thing about being unexplained is that spontaneous pregnancies do happen. Just at a lesser rate. It does blow my mind that in another 6 months we will be at the 2 year mark. It already feels incredible that we've been trying for as long as we have. I think at some point in the next year to 18 months we should have resolution. Every day we are getting one step closer to either having our baby or living child free. The fact that this too will pass gives me a lot of peace.

OPK are getting lighter... I either didnt O or we completely missed it. :dohh:

Earth - my opks get lighter right before they get darker again and then positive so maybe you are still going to O!

I DO like the idea of doing IVF now and have frozen embryos I could use even into my early 40s if I wanted!

pity party post for a sec.....:cry:

I just want to do something. Run? Hide? Give up? I know thats silly but i feel like i bought the Clomid so i have to use it butif its not working, thats a waste of money. When do you give up? When do you say enough is enough? Dh isnt swinging one way or another about it.

Gosh darn it body, JUST O!

I'm sorry, Earth. It sounds like many women with PCOS don't O on 50mg but do on 100 or 150mg. When did you take your last dose? 50mg made me O later than ever, twice.

CD 3 and just took my first dose of 100mg clomid. Kinda scared about the side effects! Also excited that it may give me more mature follies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->