Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

Man the timing is SO stressful! I think my surge started yesterday and reached it's peak sometime this morning/over night. So hopefully the timing won't be too far off! I know best case scenario (like very best case scenario) the chances are a bit less than 20% with 3 eggs. So even if everything was perfectly timed (and the lining was perfectly thick... which it's not) it is still more likely not to be successful. Surprisingly this makes me feel better lol. I honestly can't wait till the TWW when I can just chill and forget about it all again

Sending lots of positivity your way Belle. A girl on another thread I'm own got a BFP yesterday after more than 18 months so that's given me some renewed hope!

I'm on CD14 today, and I have had no EWCM, but I have been having some twinges in the lower left hand side of my abdomen. This could obviously be all manner of things, and I'm possibly getting too hopeful because I know it's CD14, but when those of you who have them have had ovary twinges, have you found it means you're Oing now, or O is imminent or what?

Damn that IUI hurt. I was not expecting that! It was a million times worse than the HSG. I wish I had taken Tylenol beforehand.

We had 24 million count post wash.

oh no! I wonder why it was so painful... did it cause you cramping? My HSG was a million times more painful than my IUIs. I did cramp slightly with some of my IUIs but it was just a little uncomfortable and not at all painful. sorry it caused you so much pain! I hope it's worth it in the end and you get your BFP!

The speculum freaking hurt. I think it pinched me somehow. The catheter hurt going through my cervix and then I got really achy cramps. I barely felt my HSG. This was awful.

I'm so sorry it was painful, Belle. The catheter hurt really bad for me too (wayyy worse than with the catheter for the HSG but the cramping I got during the HSG was bad). Felt like she punched a hole through it. And I had bad ovulation like cramping afterwards too. At least now it's over! I think I did take Tylenol before and it didn't help. 24 million is great!

Thanks Ask I was thinking I was dumb for NOT taking Tylenol beforehand, but honestly I don't know if it would have helped. I had pretty bad cramping on and off all afternoon. It was a nurse who did the IUI and I think she just rushed the process.

I'm glad that's done. I wouldn't want to rush into doing another so hopefully this works.

A nurse practitioner did mine too. She had to change catheters because she couldn't get the first one in. I really don't want to do it again but it looks like I will be next month.

I'm having a rough day...actually it feels more like a rough year. I look in the mirror and think, jeez I've aged 10 years in the last year! Even my doctor told me I looked tired when I went in last week to see if I had a UTI. I am so tired. And stressed. And depressed. Infertility has sucked the life out of me, on top of knowing my 35 year old sister in law is dying. I went to my 6 year old niece's soccer game today...my brother and sister in law are in Bora Bora for a week...because that's what you do when you know your time is short. I kept looking at my sweet niece and feeling heart broken. I came home and cried and cried...about everything. DH gets so angry and irritated with me. Things have really not been good between us, especially since he lost his job. I feel like we hate each other half the time. Maybe we should go to counseling. I feel so broken down. Sorry to dump all of this here...I just needed to get it out.

so sorry, ask :( no need to apologize. you are going through a lot right now and we all need to do some dumping now and then. I'm glad your brother and sister-in-law got to go away, but obviously the circumstances are horrible. I can't imagine what they are going through right now. 35 is terribly young. do the kids understand what's happening?

how come you think you'll have to do IUI again next month? are you getting AF symptoms?

counseling could be a really good idea if you and DH can afford it right now. DH and I have considered that, but have never pursued it. we've hit some really low points at different points in our relationship and broke up a few times too (before marriage), but at the moment we're in a pretty good place. we've been together since 2005, so about 12 years now. I say that to say that I know from experience there can be a lot of ebbs and flows in a relationship, and just because things are really bad at times doesn't mean they have to stay bad, even when it's hard to imagine things changing at the time.

i am hoping things start looking up for you very soon!!

Thank you, LAR. I think my insurance would cover counseling (it's covered it for me in the past but I'm not sure about marriage counseling).

My breasts are super sore and I'm very emotional today. 11dpo but last month AF didn't show until 3 days after stopping the progesterone suppositories.

My 6 year old niece knows her mom is sick and is getting special treatment but I think that's the extent of it. Obviously the 1.5 year old doesn't understand. I'm still hoping that this new gene targeted therapy will give her more time. We will know more in a couple of weeks at her next scan.

I lived through MIL but it was a hectic day. Dh and I went to a sushi making class. i dont like sushi so that was interesting. :haha:

OPKs have been BFN. CD12, so still early. :thumbup:

Ask I don't think there is a better place to dump it all out. You are going through an awful lot right now. you're in this suspended, disenfranchised grief state, which isn't well recognized by society or very likely by many people in your life. Counselling is such a great idea.

Also husband's get moody/irritable in between jobs. I honestly can't stand mine when he's unemployed. Lar has it right that long term relationships ebb and flow. I know you will both make it through!

Otherwise for me I got my temp rise so I think the IUI was fairly well timed. I think doing it today would have been a bit late. My preference would have been to do the IUI yesterday evening, but that wasn't possible lol.

Thank you, Belle. I really does help having you ladies to vent to! And you are so right about the suspended grief state. It can be really exhausting. The best thing I can do is to try and stay present. Today was better...DH and I went out for breakfast then went to Home Depot and a cute antique store then spent several hours gardening together. It was nice to do some things together and not focus on everything that has us stressed out.

It sounds like your timing was great! Now the wait begins!

I'll test again Tuesday morning and if BFN I'll stop progesterone and then start 100mg clomid on cd3.

Tonight I bought frer digi opk. They are new apparently. 20 sticks with a holder. Sounds like the rest of the digi opk....nope.

With these, when you get :bfp: the holder turns off permentally.

The others, clear blue and target, you can reuse the holder.

Just a FYI. The frer is expensive too. $40+ :sad:

Earth - let us know how the new FRER opks are! The digis don't work well for me when I'm on clomid...the clearblue advanced measure estrogen and LH and estrogen can be out of whack on clomid.

So I'm not sure what to think of my temps and O date....advanced setting on FF says I O'd on cd 15, research says cd 16 and FAM says cd 22 (AFTER I was on progesterone for several days.) I'm thinking the progesterone supps last cycle made my pre-o temps higher than normal hence the ambiguous O date. Thoughts?

I threw away the FRER OPK!!! After 2 days of attempting to use them, they kept giving errors. Reviews say they stink!

Back to Clearblue Pink and Target! :thumbup:

Id have to look at your chart but i think either way you are good! My chart is crazy so far this cycle too. I have been doing it on paper. Ill snap a pic tomorrow.

Ask I think CD 16 looks right for O date! I think you are covered either way though :)

Thanks - just wondering when I should stop the progesterone...if I O'd on cd15 then I'm 14dpo today and BFN on a FRER.

I'd wait one more day just to make sure, but if you wanted to stop taking them today it would probably be fine. Sorry about yet another bfn

I'm on cd 15 today. Cd 14 I had ALOT of EwCm and lower back pains and today I'm still having the lower back pains and EwCm. I have never felt the lower back pains around O time.

Could this be O or something else? Has anyone else had lower back pains around O time? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->