Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

That's what I'm thinking too, Belle.

LC - yes I get back pain on O day. Especially on clomid. Usually only on one side.

Thanks for replying Ask, Its pretty bad and its more to my right side, I was getting really scared because I didn't know what was going on. How long did your pain last in your back?

I dont get lower back pain near O, just Ovary pains.

Speaking of which, darn it if im not going to O on my bum right side. Well, i think based off the O pains i had last night. ( i have them about 2 days before O).

I also decided on a whim to add my trigger shot when i get + on OPK.

So I should/could/hope to get + Thursday-ish, Trigger and O Saturday-ish. Testing June 6th. <3

LC - it's usually strongest on O day but can start the day before and linger the day after...it feels more like a sharp radiating pinching feeling in my back. Different from the lower back pain I get the first 2 days of AF. It was super intense last month on the day I had my IUI. Part of me worries it could be endo pain? But my RE doesn't seem concerned that I could have endo.

That's how mine has been for the past two days, yesterday hurt more then today. I know what you mean by sharp radiating pinching , this stuff hurts! I was also worried about endo but my doctor has not said anything about endo. I'm feel alot better now knowing it does happen to someone else around O also. I was excited yesterday when the pain started ( I know that sounds crazy but it gave me hope for this cycle) and then the longer it lasted the more I got worried.

Sorry for the bfn, Ask... same here. I am about 15dpo and got a bfn plus I am starting to see the beginning of AF. Ughh. This sucks. Oh well. On to next cycle I guess.

Sorry ladies for all the bfns recently. Sometimes I wonder if docs are any good at identifying endo. It worries me that it can be symptom free. Sometimes I debate whether or not I should just get a lap to reassure myself lol. I'm so tired of being unexplained. Even my lining theory didn't pan out. It was likely above 7mm on O day which is considered normal. It's not fabulous, but it's not too thin either.

I'm kind of wondering if we fixed our problem and just haven't hit our lucky month yet. I'm trying to keep my expectations within reason. It's easy to let your mind run wild after an IUI

LAR - so sorry about the bfn. I'm so tired of it. I keep seeing pregnant women everywhere which just makes it worse.

Belle / LC - my RE specializes in endometriosis and has published a lot of research in that domain. I told him my symptoms and he said "that's not a good case for endo" and "even if you do have endo, given your age it would be in the early stages still and research doesn't support the notion that laparoscopy increases fertility in mild to moderate cases".

Ask I've been thinking that same thing, pregnant ladies are popping up everywhere. Driving me nuts! Someday I would like to be able to walk past a pregnant woman and not immediately think "I hate you" lol or "why you and not me"

That's good to know Ask about what your doc says. I think the link between why endo is related to infertility hasn't been fully established. It's definitely a weird disease!

Omg Belle those are my exact thoughts! And, "you probably weren't even trying!" or "I hope you had to try a long time because that's the only way I could be happy for you". Sounds so horrible but hey, there's no such thing as thought police!

My (ex) step mother saw the same RE as me 14 years ago before getting pregnant with my little sister. My dad said she got pregnant the month after her laparoscopy.. I don't really know more details than that. I know they often do laparoscopy and the HSG at the same time so if she had some sort of blockage it could have been cleared. They did find very mild endo and removed it. But apparently that's not standard procedure anymore.

Here's my running list of possible reasons I'm not pregnant:

- endometriosis / fibroids / polyps
- chromosomal issues with eggs and/or sperm
- implantation issues
- immunological reasons

Am I missing anything? I just want to know WHY! As I've said, one of my best friends got pregnant with her first IVF after 5 years (it took her a year and a half and 3 rounds of clomid with her first at the age 26) and even after IVF doctors couldn't determine her cause of infertility. They harvested close to 20 eggs and I believe she has 10 frozen embryos! She is 34. She gave birth to her second baby girl last night!

Ask my list of reasons "why" looks pretty similar! I have "tube can't pick up/transport egg properly" on there as well. Although if I'm honest with myself I think they could do as many tests as they wanted and still not find anything. I think DH and I may have a few subtle sub-fertile factors between the two of us. Things that on their own wouldn't cause any trouble, but when combined result in infertility. That's my current theory at least.

It's good to know I'm not the only one with those kinds of thoughts towards pregnant ladies. I find them embarrassing and wouldn't admit them to anyone I know!

I was just thinking that today.. about seeing all these pregnant women. Since I live in NYC I see so many people here period, and then take into consideration that I commute 3 hours a day Mon-Fri, and see people come on and off the train that whole time...and now that it's warmer and people aren't wearing big coats anymore, it seems like I see at least one pregnant person every day. I don't usually have a major reaction to it... but I guess as I am going longer without getting pregnant, it's getting to me more. When I saw a pregnant woman on the train today (the second one today) after getting my BFN, I literally started tearing up. I thought one of the IUIs would work, so I am feeling pretty deflated.

I think I am going to take the next three months to focus on my health and taking supplements, and then do the mini IVF in September to try giving us a better chance for success. For those who take coq10, what dosage do you take? and if dh takes it too, what dosage does he take? I've been putting it off, but we are going to start taking that now. I am also looking into Ovaboost, which Belle recommended, but I am not sure yet. Reviews seem to be very mixed. A lot of people give it very positive reviews but it gets a lot of negative reviews too. Some people said it messed up their cycle, so I am a little nervous to take it.

My why is:

Irregular cycles
Ovarian cyst/cancer
An-ovulation

Thats just TTC, not even WHEN im pregnant! Then its:

Placenta Problems big and small

#StupidBrokenUterusAndOvaries

Lar DH takes 400 mg coq10 and I take 600. Ya the reviews on ovaboost are mixed. I have been taking it since January/February and haven't had problems on it. I think myo-inositol has largely been researched with pcos population. From what I understand of it, women who take it generally need lower amounts of stims because the inositol helps with early follicle recruitment. I don't think its a miracle worker, but I think it might be part of why I got 3 follicles on the lowest dose of femara. It hasn't messed up my cycle at all, but thats not to say that someone else won't have an adverse reaction on it.

I'm sorry you're feeling so deflated these days. I would be feeling the same if it were me. I guess in a couple more months I'll know either way if IUI will work for me or not. Either way its still not the end of the road for you! you still have options!

thanks belle. It'd be great if I could just get pregnant doing timed intercourse within the next 3 months, so I won't even have to go through with IVF. The main thing on my list of why I might not be getting pregnant is that I might still have thyroid problems undetected by just testing TSH. I am thinking maybe once I get my full thyroid panel tested maybe another abnormality in my levels will be revealed, and maybe if I get that fixed I will be able to conceive quicker. Who knows... but I am holding out hope that something will work.

It makes sense that you take 600mg of coq10 because I read somewhere that a lot of women take lower doses, but that taking less than 600mg hasn't been proven effective. I wasn't sure if it would be the same for dh or not, but I was wondering if I could have him take less because taking 600mg can be kind of expensive.

I think it makes so much sense to get the full thyroid panel completed. If it's all okay at least that's one thing your can cross off your list of "maybe why's"

If it helps I only take the coq10 in the FP. I went with 400 for DH as that was what my acupuncturist suggested. The supplements really are costly after awhile

Im having a heck of a time with these OPK this month!

Yesterday i did pink CB and it gave me an error so i dipped an advanced CB and it gave me low.

Oy.

---------
Id get a full re check up on bloodwork, things can change from time to time.

Earth I seriously hate OPKs, they cause me so much stress!

4 dpo today, nothing exciting to report lol

I just did an OPK at work. I don't know why, I'm just stupid. They're not even reliable for women with PCOS, what is wrong with me?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->