Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

anyone notice changes with your period while on clomid or femara? I don't know if it might be from taking the clomid the last two cycles or the femara this cycle.. but my period is much different. usually it is about 6-7 days including spotting/light flow days, with at least 2-3 very heavy days and 2-3 medium flow days. this cycle I only had two days with light to medium flow and now nothing on day three except a little blood when I wipe. so strange. my period is never this light. I don't know if it is a good thing, a bad thing, or if it doesn't really matter, as far as fertility is concerned. I am also going through it emotionally tonight. I don't know if it has to do with the Femara. maybe, but it could just be me. my mom died in a tragic in way less than a year ago and the grief is hitting me like a ton of bricks tonight. I can't stop crying. :(

My af got shorter on clomid and it was likely due to thin lining (taking Vit E helps!).

Sorry for your mom, I know how you feel, it will hopefully be better! My mom died 2 years ago from ovarian cancer and it was pretty awful at the end (it actually hit the news back home in Norway).. :hugs:

Hi all,

I am very new to this (joined this morning and so this is my first post ever on any forum) so please bear with me. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for almost a year now and I was diagnosed with PCOS in January after having no periods at all since coming off the pill. Thankfully I rarely have other symptoms of PCOS, but I have noticed that since coming off the pill my body seems to want to put on weight. We are health and fitness fanatics so it is being kept more or less at bay, but it is frustrating.
After blood tests, semen samples and an HSG we were given the go ahead to start clomid 50mg CD2-6, with my last tablet due to be taken this afternoon.
I don't really have a question as such, so I'm sorry about my rambling, but I've just been feeling a little down about everything and worried about what might be to come in the future. The extra stomach fat isn't helping my mindset to be honest as I have previously suffered with eating disorders.
Anyway I promised my husband that I would at least try and reach out to people who may have experienced similar things, so here it is!

Hello and welcome Steph:)
In which part of the world do you stay? It seems like it's a good way to go to do hsg/sa etc before starting clomid as if there are any issues the Clomid wouldn't be much help, would it? :)

Are you temping / using opk?

Well I think you will be in good company here. Many ladies on the forum have pcos and (from what I've seen) most get pregnant pretty quickly with a little help from clomid or femara

Lar I'm sorry you're going through a tough time. Grief is like that sometimes and can sneak up on us (hugs)

Thank you ladies :)

We live in Hertfordshire, England. I'm still undecided about using OPK/temping as this is our first cycle on clomid - I don't want to get too obsessed with charting everything and end up just stressing out and driving myself mad. Although my husband is a police officer so I guess it would help with timing things around his shifts..

Steph as long as you BD EOD you will be good. If you get ewcm that's a good sign that you're fertile

LAR - I know that clomid can thin your lining. For me, AF was actually heavier after clomid. I'm so sorry to hear that about your mom and that you are having a tough time. :hugs:

Steph - welcome! Belle is right, your chance of success on clomid is high with pcos! Having this support group has helped me tremendously.

AFM - Still waiting for my +OPKs! Another flashing smiley today - day 3.

Thanks everyone. Trying to hold myself together. TTC right after her passing is really hard on me because I wanted her to be here more than anything for this time in my life :(

I must have been really out of it last night, because when I went to take my pills tonight, I saw that I had forgotten to take everything last night, including my femara! I am usually so good with remembering my pills. Not sure what to do? I don't want to double up at one time. I am taking femara days 2-6 this cycle, and missed it on day 3. my dh said maybe I should take that dose on day 7 instead. anyone ever missed before and what did you do?

another thing... (I have been a mess lately, sorry for venting so much on here).. I have a thyroid condition and it has been super regulated with 50mcg of levothyroxine since I was dx'd with the condition about 5 years ago. I last had it tested in January and levels were completely fine. when i thought i could be pregnant last week, i asked my RE's office to order me a thyroid test in addition to the pregnancy test. I wasn't due to test my thyroid again until July, but because I thought I was pregnant, I asked them to check my thyroid too. I just got news today that my levels were elevated so my doctor increased my medication. I am really glad I caught it and have no idea what caused it to change after being so steady for years. If my thyroid levels are out of whack, it will make it harder for me to conceive and maintain a pregnancy, so I am hoping my levels straighten out quickly.

LAR - I can only imagine how tough this time is for you. Sometimes life feels so very unfair. I think my first or second month on clomid I forgot to take a pill one night and realized it the next morning and took it then. Maybe take one tonight and another in the morning? I'm not sure...I'd consult Dr. Google. Sounds like it was a good idea to have your thyroid checked! Who knows, maybe upping your dose will be the key!

Thanks Belle and Ask, I think I'll avoid the OPKs, at least for now, and just try to relax and not overthink everything :)

Good luck steph. OPKs don't always work for women with pcos anyway.

Well half way through tww and tender bbs have set in, pretty much around the same time that they did last cycle. I'm going to assume its just a sign that AF will be here right on time. I've pretty much accepted that we're going to need to do IUI.

woop woop! Third and last injection injected:D

haha, just realised we don't have any preseed (conceive plus) left, so tomorrow I will go to the same pharmacy like last time, and I keep my fingers crossed they still sell it (but this is Thailand, so I won't be holding my breath!). If they don't have I will order online, but it might not arrive on time..

CD10..

Oh, and I have had 1 cup of Red Raspberry Leaf tea yesterday and today. I am not a big fan of tea (or coffee).. but I will drink a cup a day until ovulation:)

Oh, you recon I can do a CB opk tomorrow morning? I finished clomid on Cd9 and it will be CD11.. I am a bit worried about early ovulation as hubby is away until thursday.. sigh..

And I am also temping for the acupuncture, the Dr likes to watch my temps, my tongue and feel my wrist:) haha ..

wondering, does anyone's partner take anything for sperm count/quality? and did they have it tested before and after and notice if there was any improvement? thinking about asking DH to take something, but I am not sure if he will. I bought him multivitamins a while ago, but the bottle still seems pretty full.

I tried DH on Count and MotilityBoost.. no testing before or after

anyone notice changes with your period while on clomid or femara?

I didnt.

hey on erth.. when is AF due? are you late yet?

nore, what type of injections do you take?

Well I think you will be in good company here. Many ladies on the forum have PCOS and (from what I've seen) most get pregnant pretty quickly with a little help from Clomid or femara

I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones then because I only have PCOS & I'm over a year TTC & 4 months into Clomid & no success yet :dohh:

Hey Love, you can't count the first couple cycles on the lower dose when you didn't O :) I will bet you'll get lucky in the next 2-3 ovulatory cycles!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->