Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

I agree with Belle, Love.

Nore - yay for being done with injections! Hoping this is your month!!!

Earth - I'm sorry :( Any natural remedies you can try? Vitex?

Steph - I don't blame you! I'm so sick of OPKs!

Belle - that's how I feel about IVF. I hope IUI works though!

Cd 17 and still only a flashing smiley and wondfos have faded over the last few days. The only time I didn't get a +OPK by cd 16 was my first month on clomid. I guess I'm back in that boat since I haven't taken it since November..

I agree with Belle, Love.

Nore - yay for being done with injections! Hoping this is your month!!!

Earth - I'm sorry :( Any natural remedies you can try? Vitex?

Steph - I don't blame you! I'm so sick of OPKs!

Belle - that's how I feel about IVF. I hope IUI works though!

Cd 16 and still only a flashing smiley and wondfos have faded over the last few days. The only time I didn't get a +OPK by cd 16 was my first month on clomid. I guess I'm back in that boat since I haven't taken it since November..

I tried to jump start O with 25mg Clomid but it didnt do anything. Vitex doesnt start AF

on erth- sorry to hear it has been so long! can you try maybe a higher dose of clomid? or what are your plans?

ask- have you thought about how many cycles of iui you will do before considering IVF? I have been asking myself that lately. my doctor suggested anywhere for 3 to 6.

Lar from what I have read with unexplained it is most cost effective to do a max of 3 IUI cycles before going on to IVF. That's what we'll aim to do anyway. I know 3 IUI cycles doesn't seem like much

wow, you are right, that doesn't seem like much. I am thinking since my insurance pays for 4 IUIs, I might as well take advantage of that and do all 4. I was thinking of doing two more out of pocket, but maybe it isn't worth it. I guess for now I will just hope I don't have to do more than 4 and then cross that bridge if and when I come to it.

on erth- sorry to hear it has been so long! can you try maybe a higher dose of clomid? or what are your plans?

ask- have you thought about how many cycles of iui you will do before considering IVF? I have been asking myself that lately. my doctor suggested anywhere for 3 to 6.

I had decided to be done but i do have extra clomid laying around that i bought ahead of time, so im not sure.

Lar I think it totally makes sense to do all 4 IUIs in your case. I guess you could consider doing 2 injectible IUI cycles on your own as they have a higher efficacy rate. Worst case scenario if it doesn't work out, at least the injectible cycles would give you a bit of an idea of what IVF would be like. I've been considering doing 1 injectible IUI cycle just for that very reason.

what type of injectables do people take? I am not familiar with them. is that the gonal-f or something? does it just give you more mature eggs to work with than clomid and femara? I feel like I much rather do that before I go to IVF.

ya i think its usually gonal-f, but the doc might suggest a different mix of drugs depending on your needs. Injectible IUI cycles are generally more effective than cc or fe IUI cycles. I think usually around 18% per cycle for unexplained, but also higher rates of twins and higher order pregnancies. It gives you more eggs to work with than what cc or fe would... hence the higher likelihood of twins

My doctor suggested 3-4 rounds of IUI. If we end up doing 3-4 I might ask about doing injectables. One of my best friends did 6 cycles then got her BFP on her first IVF. I just want to be pregnant by the end of the summer and before I turn 35 in October!

Earth - can you do 50mg? That is if you decide to give it another go!

Do you think the fact that I O late my first cycle on clomid means it's not really working? I thought for sure I'd be going in for my IUI by tomorrow (cd 18) but not yet...

Getting pregnant before the end of the summer with a sticky baby sounds wonderful! I would love that! Even if I could be pregnant before the end of the year, that would be great, but the sooner the better. My friend got pregnant with IUI and I asked her which cycle-- she said the 5th or 6th, she couldn't remember which one. It was the last cycle before she was going to do IVF. So that could always happen too.. it is hard to tell!

Thats the hard part of ttc, you just never know what's going to happen! Even more so with unexplained!

well, about half way through tww now and my bbs are absolutely KILLING me, again, just like what happened last cycle. Wondering if its maybe a sign of higher progesterone? I'm not hoping for a bfp, or not getting my hopes up i guess

not hoping for a bfp? I am confused. you mean so you don't get your hopes up?

ya, i just don't want to get my hopes up anymore. it just sucks lol

yea.. the letdown after getting your hopes up is killer. I am going to try extra hard not to get my hopes up either this cycle. I will still be hoping for it, just not *too* much.

nore, what type of injections do you take?

I am taking Follitrope (follistim) 75 IU (0.15ml), 3 doses (on CD 6 - 8 - 10) Going in for ultrasound tomorrow so will let you know if my little follies grew or not this time :)

wow, you are right, that doesn't seem like much. I am thinking since my insurance pays for 4 IUIs, I might as well take advantage of that and do all 4. I was thinking of doing two more out of pocket, but maybe it isn't worth it. I guess for now I will just hope I don't have to do more than 4 and then cross that bridge if and when I come to it.

Do with injections if you can - here in thailand they are pretty expensive, so if you get them covered do them! (IUI + u/s + clomid + all fees: 13900 thb, injections not included: 4500thb extra!) :)

My doctor suggested 3-4 rounds of IUI. If we end up doing 3-4 I might ask about doing injectables. One of my best friends did 6 cycles then got her BFP on her first IVF. I just want to be pregnant by the end of the summer and before I turn 35 in October!

Earth - can you do 50mg? That is if you decide to give it another go!

Do you think the fact that I O late my first cycle on clomid means it's not really working? I thought for sure I'd be going in for my IUI by tomorrow (cd 18) but not yet...

Would it be possible to go for an U/S? My Dr wants me in on an ultrasound before the IUI ,, That way maybe you could get a trigger shot? Ovidrel? In case the eggs are ready and just need a little push?

Haha, I feel like my whole day went in the search for preseed again. Only one pharmacy in Bangkok carries this stuff (conceive plus) so its quite a trip.. I had decided to go by taxi, but since it is so difficult to find I decided on using grab taxi. After waiting for 20 min the drivers cancelled on me, so I decided to go a bit closer, one stop on the MRT (underground) and two stops on the airport link.. And then I got lucky and got a grab car after only 5 min! Still, it took me over 3.5h to go and get that little overpriced bottle, haha:) vent over.. I ended up treating myself to a lovely piece of margaritha pizza on the way back home.. And since I am alone, I might go for ice cream tonight. Oh man. They have sundea with mango chocolate coating.. oh my.. I am very tempted to be bad today...

nor, I am not sure what thb stands for but that sure does sound like a lot of money if it anything close to us dollars. I am glad you found preseed. It sounds like you had to go on an adventure to get it, but it is worth it. i love that stuff. just stocked up on a couple bottles myself. good luck! hope this is your cycle!

It's Thai bath, so iui cost approx 13900 thb= 400 USD :) still adding up though, with the injections, supplements, preseed and the list goes on...

oh ok.. that is a big difference, but still I am sure it does add up especially if you have been doing tx for a while.

Ask, I don't know the answer to your question, which is why I didnt say anything. Maybe it is working fine and you are just ovulating later. That would be a good question for your doctor probably. I know I would be anxious if I was doing IUI unmonitored because I would be afraid the OPK was wrong and I missed my O or something. That is just me though. I can find anything to be anxious about. It sounds like you have a great doctor so I am sure he knows what he is doing. Have you found the OPKs to be accurate in the past? Like nor said, ovidrel may be something to consider in the future if this cycle doesnt work. I get mine from Freedom Fertility Pharmacy. I think they deliver nationwide? It is only about $100 if insurance doesnt cover anything. It could really help you to narrow down O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->