Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

Hey Ask, some of the ladies with pcos might know better than I, but I thought if you got to a certain point (like CD 20ish) and hadn't ovulated that you might still ovulate on your own, but its unlikely that the clomid did anything. Looking at your chart I definitely think you're gearing up to O! Maybe your body just needed a little extra time to get to baseline this cycle?

Well irritability has set in, combined with the super sore bbs I'm just a lovely person to be around. I know its just PMS. Isn't it cruel that we ttc all cycle long and get "rewarded" at the end with horrible PMS symptoms and AF. I'm just really upset that this is happening to me/us. I'm so fucking done with infertility, especially since there is no reason for it!

Thanks for the feedback, ladies! If I don't get a +OPK by cd 20 I will call my RE. My first round of clomid I didn't O until cd 20. If I didn't know better I'd swear I was ovulating today with all the pain I'm having! If I don't ovulate at all it will be the first time in my life (that I'm aware of)! Belle, you're right, my temps look like it is imminent!

I'm sorry you are feeling crappy, Belle. I'm so done with this process too. But of course I'm actually not. It's hard not to feel angry that it happens so much daily for the majority of the population!

So I had really sharp pains near my ovaries last night & a major headache, which is rare, so I decided to test yesterday on CD 13 & got a + OPK. This morning was still + but I can tell it's fading away now. I'm going to try testing again this evening to see but I have NEVER had a positive reading this early so I'm excited about that :) Still won't get my hopes up though because I've had false OPK readings before so

Attachments

• IMG_2333.jpg
    IMG_2333.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 8
Love - that's definitely a positive! Exciting! Are you temping to confirm O?

Love - that's definitely a positive! Exciting! Are you temping to confirm O?

Yes, I'm tempting. I don't know how to read my charts though & I have a lot of open circles because I wake up different times so it looks wacky.

My chart, its bad & I was sick during AF so idk if I count those temps or not

Attachments

• IMG_2335.PNG
    IMG_2335.PNG
    19.8 KB · Views: 2
Love - you'll probably have to wait a few days to confirm a temp rise.

My Wondfo opk is almost positive after it had faded out the last 3 days. Yay! Looks like I'll be going in Friday morning for the IUI. I hope it's not too late! I'm only supposed to test with SMU and call when I get a positive and they schedule the IUI for the next morning.

Yay Ask!! So excited for you to have your IUI! I have high hopes for you!

Woohoo Love on the OPK!! Sounds like things are moving in the right direction!

Thanks Belle! I'm kinda nervous but excited too!

LAR - was your DH allowed to use preseed? They put some "sterile surgical" lubricant in the collection packet they gave me so I'm guessing it's ok? I'll ask when I call to schedule in the morning.

Thanks Belle! I'm kinda nervous but excited too!

LAR - was your DH allowed to use preseed? They put some "sterile surgical" lubricant in the collection packet they gave me so I'm guessing it's ok? I'll ask when I call to schedule in the morning.

How exciting! I am going in for ultrasound in a couple of hours. I took a CB opk this morning which was negative (CD12 today). Oh, was it you who sent me this link:
https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/iui-success-rates ?

I have read through most of it .. and my big question ..
---Having a full bladder increases IUI success rate from 7% to 14% ---

I mean.. should we have a full bladder? Wouldn't that be quite uncomfortable? ..

Well, getting ready for my first appointment of the day, neurologist first stop, ultrasound second stop:winkwink: If I don't have to wait crazy long I will also go and see my kitties at the shelter for some relaxing :blush:

hi ask, so glad ur opk is getting darker and the iui is in sight! my clinic offers the condom option but we have never used it. he has used the sterile cup instead. he hates doing it, but he pushes through it. i would think preseed would be fine since it is sperm friendly, but yes it is probably best to ask juuuust in case. now that i think of it, maybe we should use the condom this time so it will feel more natural for him.

i have heard that about having a full bladder when doing iui but never tried it. maybe i will try it this time.

How long do you stay "put" after the iui? Guess it wouldn't be ideal rushing off to the ladies just after the procedure, haha :)

Yay!! 2 big follies and one almost big!
Lining a little on the thin side (7.3) but the Dr didn't seem to worried. Tomorrow night I will do the ovidrel trigger shot (yup, I'm a big girl and I punch myself with needles). And iui scheduled for Sunday morning, wow, I'm so relieved it didn't get cancelled again!

Even though my Dr didn't seem too concerned with my lining (last time it was only 6.4 this time 7.3) I will continue taking my Vit E, and also try to eat some almonds, pomegranate juice if I find someone selling on the street and maybe some mushrooms (I want to eat dim sum,haha, with mushrooms) :)

Off to the kitties after I get the trigger shot to bring home..

My doctor suggested 3-4 rounds of IUI. If we end up doing 3-4 I might ask about doing injectables. One of my best friends did 6 cycles then got her BFP on her first IVF. I just want to be pregnant by the end of the summer and before I turn 35 in October!

Earth - can you do 50mg? That is if you decide to give it another go!

Do you think the fact that I O late my first cycle on clomid means it's not really working? I thought for sure I'd be going in for my IUI by tomorrow (cd 18) but not yet...

I could do 50...

Ugh I think I may have missed the freakin window! My temp went up this morning although I had a somewhat restless sleep. I had major O cramping yesterday and positive opk late last night. My Wondfo is positive this morning but clearblue is STILL giving me a flashing smiley even though I can see the test line is much darker today I guess. I should have done a monitored cycle but my doctor said I didn't need to. Should I still schedule IUI? This sucks.

Here are my wondfos over the last 36 hours:

Attachments

• IMG_6979.jpg
    IMG_6979.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 6
You still bd'ed so at least some chance :) I guess if they are planning iui better do it sooner rather than later? Also, would they do an ultrasound before doing the iui to check? I will do another ultrasound before the iui on Sunday..

nor, so glad you got some good eggs!

ask,.. i dont know, but i can say for me personally i would feel uncomfortable paying for the IUI if I it wasnt clear when I was O'ing and I thought I may have missed my window. That is a lot of money to spend if you aren't sure. If I were in your shoes I would try getting as much BDing in as I could and ask for a monitored cycle next month. But that is just me, maybe your doctor would think otherwise? maybe they can even do an ultrasound now to check?

Well I called and told the nurse all the details (temps, cramping, OPKs) and they said I didn't miss the window and tomorrow morning would still be the best time. It definitely makes me nervous but I guess I should trust their experience. I guess we will just do it and if it doesn't work do monitored next cycle.

hmm i wonder how they can be so sure that you didnt miss your window? in any case, good luck! i hope it works out for you.

nor, have you done iui before or this will be the first time? my doctor recommends that i lie down for 5 to 10 minutes afterward. i might go in with a full bladder but not *so* full that i am too uncomfortable. my friend who got pregnant on her iui said she took the whole day off work and spent the day lying on her back and praying. she seems to think that is what helped bc all the other cycles she didnt spend the day lying down. that sounds like it might just be a coincidence though. i havent looked it up yet to see if that is really a thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->