Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

Thanks Fluffy! DH pretty much has super swimmers. We are totally unexplained lol.

Well test today is inconclusive. I can kind of see something but also kind of can't. It's a super squinter which I should probably count as negative. I posted pics in my journal. I won't put them over here. I've never had a squinter before so that's kind of exciting on its own. Also have never gone this long with no sign of AF. Can't blame a girl for feeling hopeful. I think I'll test again on Sunday if there is no spotting by then

So... I am in Bangkok, currently petsitting three lovely animals, two cats and a dog... and on Sunday hubby comes over, hopefully in time before ovulation.. ;)

Seems like we have found a solution for the health care system-problem - we put me under his name, in stead of being a "separate person". That way I normally would be covered at the same time as him, or worst case scenario, one month from we send in the papers. In either case, I have the dr prescriptions to do the tests etc, so we can get started with those next cycle.. (really worst case scenario is we have to pay for the tests, which is still ok).

I really miss my friends here in Bangkok, so I am sooo happy to be back, even if only for a little while!

Sounds like things are going in the right direction Nore! Glad you are enjoying your time in Bangkok :)

Some tan cm so AF should be here by tomorrow. I think maybe I have some functional cysts left from my last femara cycle. I had 5-6 follicles in the 9-14mm range that didn't get big enough to O. It's possible they made cysts and functional cysts can delay AF.

So with that in mind I won't do the IUI next cycle. I'll take another month break for recovery (in case that is the issue)

Thanks Lucy. I'm used to the disappointment I think. Definitely pissed that this happened.

I think we will do IUI after all, just because summer really is the best time for treatment for me because work is less busy. It will be less stress this way which is important. I just want this all to be over with.

Ask I so empathize with you. I think I would lose it if I was facing down the prospect of doing more than one IVF. I'm sorry.

Very sorry AF showed Belle. :hugs: I'm 13dpo...tested yesterday with a FRER and bfn. I would be very surprised if it happened this month...there was a lot of stress! I'll stop progesterone tomorrow if it's still a bfn. Visiting my friend and her new baby (conceived via IVF after unexplained infertility and 5 years of trying)...my baby urge is stronger than ever! I am so ready to be a momma. SO. I really hope 1 round of IVF does the trick.

In good news...DH got the job! And our relationship is quickly recovering. Phew!

Belle, I am sorry to hear about AF, but I am glad to hear you are going to give IUI another go! It's such a hard balance, to be hopeful without getting your hopes up too high. But no matter what, you need to keep some bit of hope, just for yourself, and your sanity.

Ask, very happy your DH got the job! I expect things will get back to normal for you two very soon. And I hear you, I was telling my DH last week that my heart just aches on a daily basis, I know that I am ready to be a mom, from the bottom of my heart.

Hugs to all! <3

I don't think you can make it through infertility treatments without bit of hope.

I decided last minute to forgo the IUI in August. My cramps were so horrendous this cycle, like I felt like vomiting, the pain radiated around my back and down my legs. Tylenol did nothing to help. I just laid in bed and cried. It was so horrible it's made me want to find out if there is endo or something in there. So I sent a message to my clinic asking about a lap and hysteroscopy. I'm not on my 25th cycle for no reason. There has to be something. If there is mild endo, removing it can sometimes improve the odds of natural conception (doesn't seem to change the odds of IVF). If I could get away without spending 12K on IVF I would love that.

Ask husbands are always much happier when working! Glad things are turning around in that direction! I have high hopes for you that IVF will work quickly!

It seems my mind changes hourly these days on what to do next.

So the nurse messaged me back already (they are so lovely and quick to respond!). I will need to have a follow-up with the doc to ask about the lap and hysteroscopy. We have a follow-up planned for after our IUI cycles, so I decided last minute just to go ahead with the IUI. The timing for it works out so much better for August anyway. I did decide to do monitored. Already have my acupuncture appointments booked.

If this IUI doesn't work out then we'll meet with the doc and discuss further testing/IVF. The nurse decided that today is CD 1 based off of the information I gave her about when my AF started yesterday.

I guess we'll see what happens. I wonder if that pain I had was a cyst rupturing? I was reading symptoms online and they looked pretty spot on and apparently that often happens right around the time of your AF starting. (Not that I advocate Dr Google as a diagnostic tool haha).

AF came.. its ok though! I ovulated!!!! We decided to not do the break cycle and just go on!

100mg Clomid, Pregnitude 1x a day, Ovidrel on + OPK. <3

Belle, I am so sorry for the pain you were experiencing. I can see why that would have made it difficult to make a decision. It does sound like a cyst. I have had that same pain myself but never had the cysts diagnosed; hoping that is something the RE could shed some light on. The good news is that I don't think you will regret giving the IUI another shot. This may be a bad example, but earlier this year I had to go out of town for a few days for work RIGHT when I was supposed to O. I made my DH come home for lunch the day I was leaving so we could get in one last try, lol. He was not happy about it, but I told him that at least if it didn't work I would know that we did everything we could.

Yeah for ovulation Earth!! :)

So our RE appt is finally approaching, 2 days and counting. I am both excited and nervous. Really hope we do more than just talk. And I hope it doesn't take 2 months to get the next appt. Baby dust to all!

@ Belle & Lucy
Sorry AF got you, but it sounds like you both have good plans moving forward! Good luck with your appointment Lucy, if nothing else I'm sure you'll get a lot of information about your options.

@Ask
Congratulations on hubby's job! :D I'm sure thinks will work themselves out now, you're through the worst.

AFM:
We had another clinic appointment today after a really busy weekend. Big surprise: I ovulated on 50mg of clomid!! The doctor literally said: Wow, that mini dosis did the trick. I think he was just as surprised as we were, haha! They have sent me home with an ovidrel injection now which I'm supposed to do tomorrow at 4am (yikes) and then we will do our first IUI on Wednesday morning. So excited!!! Has anyone here injected ovidrel before and do you have any tips? I have never had to inject anything...

Ya, I'm curious if the ultrasound tomorrow will show anything (if they could see a ruptured cyst after the fact, I don't know). I know that I had cysts so its definitely a possibility that it happened. It was shocking how painful it was. Not your typical AF cramping at all.

Ya, if we hadn't done the last IUI I would forever have wondered if IUI could have worked for us in the end. This way we'll know and we can move on to IVF if it doesn't.

Glad your appointment is coming up so quickly! My first appointment the RE gave us an overview of what our treatment options were, went over our recent lab work and ordered additional testing (i.e. HSG) that we needed. We had to wait a couple months before the HSG could be completed so it was about 2 months before the next appointment happened. At that appointment the doc just said we were unexplained and we could take whatever treatment approach we wanted. She gave us the success rates and that was it. It wasn't very individualized at all, and there was no interest in trying to understand what was going on with us. Now here we are lol.

I think my mistake with both of those appointments is that I didn't go in prepared. To make the most of your appointment go in with a list of questions and things you want to talk about ahead of time. Bring an actual list. My first appointment I just froze and started crying and couldn't think of anything LOL

Fluffy - yay for growing follies! I've never given myself a shot but DH will be giving me a lot of shots soon with IVF. Everyone I've talked to says you get over it after the first few times. Eek. Is this your first IUI? Exciting!!!

Belle - I am so sorry you had that much pain! Sounds like you might be right about the cyst. Do you think you could have had a CP? I saw the faint line on your FRER. I totally understand not wanting to waste time. I feel like I've been waiting to have babies my whole life and I'm just done waiting! What a practice in patience. Have you considered getting karyotype tests done? It's not a cheap test but I think ours were covered due to repeat loss. If it isn't too expensive it may be nice to rule out...along with any kind of clotting disorder or other immunological issue. As much as I hate my diagnosis it's good to have some answers. I'm so scared all of our embryos are going to be abnormal but DH keeps telling me to think positive!

Lucy - good luck with the RE appt! Remember to write down and bring all of your questions and something to write stuff down on!

Earth - yay for responding to clomid! Good luck next cycle!!!

Ask I have been thinking about that test. It will depend on whether or not it is covered by our health care. These will be questions I ask at the next meeting with our RE.

I guess I'll never know if it was a CP or a cyst. I haven't been passing any tissue, and very minimal clots. I wonder if that line was a bit of a fluke. Not sure

Fluffy I have done an injection. It didn't hurt at all (until after it was already done). Mine was in my abdomen, I just pinched a fatty area of skin 2 inches close to my belly button. I couldn't feel the actual injection at all. The worst part of it is psychological so try not to think about it too much. You can do it! It honestly isn't that bad!

@Ask
It is! I am SO excited to finally have a chance after all these months of knowing I wasn't even ovulating!! Why is your hubby giving you the shots for IVF instead of yourself?

@Belle
They told me exactly the same: pinch a fatty area in my abdomen and just inject. Thank you for telling me yours didn't hurt, that eases my mind a bit :)
Cysts can hurt terribly, sorry to hear you had to go through that!

Fluffy, some IVF meds have to be injected into your bottom and may be intramuscular, so you can't physically do them yourself.

The psychological fear of the injection was the worst part and imo it was unnecessary. I was like hyperventilating and it was ridiculous because I couldn't even feel the thing. Definitely don't get worked up about it lol

I'd rather not have to give myself a shot and some of the shots go at the top of your butt and will be hard to reach.

Belle - hard to know about the test since it was the only one you took. But regardless, if you can find a way for insurance to pay for additional bloodwork that would be great. Like you said...unexplained usually means they just haven't found the problem yet. I also need to schedule my hysteroscopy before doing IVF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->