Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

Well they called me back saying they can't do tomorrow anyway (wth?!) so I'm going in this afternoon. IUI will be at 4pm. Hopefully it's the right timing. How stressful!!!

Well they called me back saying they can't do tomorrow anyway (wth?!) so I'm going in this afternoon. IUI will be at 4pm. Hopefully it's the right timing. How stressful!!!

Fingers crossed!! I hope they will do an ultrasound though, in connection with the IUI? I guess if you o-ed yesterday doing IUI today is good :thumbup:

Ah well.. hubby on his way home from Myanmar.. I guess we will either: BD today AND tomorrow (after trigger shot), IUI Sunday, BD Sunday night, BD Monday morning.. or a light version of this, haha :)

I have been told it is best for the man to abstain for 2 to 4 days before the IUI. I might have my IUI as early as Monday morning, so I plan to BD Friday night and then no sex Sat or Sunday. And then def as much BDing as I can after the IUI.

Ask that does sound super stressful! But sounds like this afternoon is even better in case you already started O'ing. I think sometimes things happen for a reason. Good luck!

Best of luck Ask :)

Haha Nor, good luck sticking to your schedule! Yesterday was CD8 and 2 days post my fifth clomid tablet so DH and I decided that that seemed like a good time to start BD every other day for a couple of weeks and hope that the clomid tablets actually do something. He was on a late shift so I said I would wait up for him and then we would both just go to bed at the same time. I was on the sofa and kept falling asleep then waking back up - finally looked at my phone at midnight and had a message saying he had arrested someone so would be about 5 hours late home so I should just go to bed and try and get some decent sleep... but obviously by then I was pretty awake! He finally got in at 4:30am and then I only had less than an hour until my alarm so we figured we may as well make the most of being awake!! Now I'm at work and feeling horrendously tired, but at least we managed to stay on schedule!

And there was me thinking this was supposed to be the fun bit with less thought needed!

Lar, I know.. I think however they recommended to bd the night of trigger (which is tomorrow), and I'm a little afraid I'll o on my own before even getting the trigger shot.. I'll let hubby decide though, if he can manage. For the quality it's better to have done "something" within the past few days, but for numbers I'm not sure if it matters?

On my way to the clinic with DH's specimen tucked in my bra lol. Crossing fingers and everything!

I am not sure either nor. If they told you to BD the night of the trigger that should be fine. my clinic tells me not to but I am sure it could work either way.

ask... i carried my dh's under my shirt the whole way to the clinic last time too! i heard it is good to keep it close to the skin. fx!

Ugh I think I may have missed the freakin window! My temp went up this morning although I had a somewhat restless sleep. I had major O cramping yesterday and positive opk late last night. My Wondfo is positive this morning but clearblue is STILL giving me a flashing smiley even though I can see the test line is much darker today I guess. I should have done a monitored cycle but my doctor said I didn't need to. Should I still schedule IUI? This sucks.

Here are my wondfos over the last 36 hours:

You can O with a HIGH reading. We got a BFP in 09 with our angel baby on only High readings! ( plus in the instructions it says that too)

Well I did it! Feeling a little discouraged because the nurse told me I should have come in tomorrow and she didn't know they told me they couldn't fit me in. She says she is going to talk to the director because it's not okay that the receptionist told me that. Ugh...hopefully I still have a chance. Good news is DH's count was 15.7 million after wash and they like to see 5-10 million.

And for me it did kinda hurt when she put the catheter in. Ouch! But it was quick. Had a full bladder because I read that it helps improve chances.

Ask - FX that this is it for you! I really don't have much knowledge on IUI's but if there is an egg & there is sperm, it's always a great chance! Keep hope hun ❤

I wonder how come they seemed to be so sure tomorrow was it for you? My thinking would be I rather do it a day early than a day late if I wasn't sure because at least if you are early there will still be sperm alive in you tomorrow. but if you miss your O then there is no egg to fertilize. Just my thoughts but I am not a doctor or nurse, so they must have their reasoning! Man this whole timing everything is stressful.

I agree, LAR. I guess statistically you have the highest chance of success the day after your positive opk...but I got a positive yesterday eve. She said I should only test with SMU and do IUI the next day. Honestly I think tomorrow would be risking it being too late. I've been having pretty severe O cramps since yesterday afternoon.

I see. Well either way it sounds like you had good timing and if you follow it up with a lot of BDing then you've covered all your bases! I think you have got a good shot this cycle.

I am nervous about my timing this cycle too. I usually go in for an ultrasound on cd12, get an ovidrel shot that day, and then go back on cd13 for the IUI. This cycle they are having me go in on CD10 for the ultrasound since I did my blood work two days early and started taking my meds one day early. Nothing wrong with doing the ultrasound early... I am just hoping they don't trigger me too early because I am hoping to grow more than one mature follicle, which might take more time. I think if it is too early, they will send me home with the trigger shot and ask me to do it myself within the next couple days. I guess I have to trust them, but it's so hard. I don't know why I doubt these doctors so much! I guess because I feel more invested in making this work than they do. Not that they have given me that impression, but sometimes I wonder what the incentive is for them to get us pregnant quicker? I guess so they will be able to publish good success rates, but I can't help but think they could make a whole lot more money if it took longer. I know I am being cynical but I just wonder about this stuff.

It's hard not to overthink it all, LAR. And I've wondered the same things as you. Even with monitoring, they can only estimate/project when you'll O based on the trigger which is the same thing they do based on your LH surge. IVF on the other hand is super regulated. We will keep BDing over the next few days!

Earth - Belle, Steph and Love aren't doing IUI. Just me, Nore and LAR right now.

Yep we're holding off on IUI till June! I have one more femara cycle, then for May we'll either NTNP or give it a go for a natural cycle before starting IUI. I'm looking at our June IUI as more of a diagnostic process than anything. I'm looking forward to the cycle monitoring to see if my lining is develops/thickens normally. Based on what happens in June we might try a couple more FE + IUI cycles or do a couple IUI + injectible cycles.

Well I think it's safe to say that I O'ed on either CD 13 or 14. I have to wait a few more days to see what Fertility Friend says but I'm pretty positive about this cycle & I also never O'ed this early. Now for the dreaded 2WW .... all over again #sigh I really don't know which is worst, waiting for AF to show or the 2WW

Attachments

• IMG_2339.jpg
    IMG_2339.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 2
It's all kind of agonizing, isn't it, Love? AF, waiting to O, 2ww. I have high hopes for you this cycle!

Holy ovulation cramps. I forgot how much O can hurt on clomid. My whole right side of my abdomen is in pain pretty much. It's ok to take Tylenol, right? I had a tiny bit of spotting...I think she had a hard time getting the catheter in because she had to try a different one and then bam it felt like it was punched through.

Belle - sounds like a good plan. Not sure if we will do IUI next month if we don't concieve this cycle...may wait for June when school is out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->