Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

I had a nice big temp spike this morning. Will start my progesterone tonight per my doctor's instructions. If I put my +opk on Wednesday (got a positive Wednesday night) then FF puts ovulation on Wednesday. If I put it on Thursday it gives me a Friday ovulation, assuming my temps stay high the next 2 days. If I ovulated Wednesday then that means I ovulated either before or within a few hours of my first +opk, which would mean my REs timing method wouldn't work for me. I'm hoping it was actually Thursday when I had super intense O pains and also the day of the IUI! We BDed last night so I guess we have our bases covered!

What do you all think about my chart / O date?

Also, kinda funny...DH and I were talking about life after we have a baby and he made the comment "we aren't going to be preventing anything so you may end up with more babies than you think!" Kinda made me happy to hear he wants to have lots of babies with me lol...even though I think I'll be good with 2 (maybe 3). At this point I'll feel lucky if we get 1! He is 1 of 8 children!

Ask I think its possible you O'd on Friday! I often O 2 days after my first pos OPK, so O might be today for you if this is just a partial temp rise! Can't wait to see your temps tomorrow!!

For those who got IUIs this cycle what was it like? was it awkward or uncomfortable at all? Or was it no biggie?

Last night I woke up after having a pretty intense night sweat. I had one last cycle in the TWW as well. I'm wondering if this could be from the femara? Have other ladies had night sweats after clomid or femara? I was reading it can sometimes be an early pregnancy sign, but I don't want to get my hopes up as literally everything can be an early pregnancy sign lol. I also had one last cycle and AF still showed, so not getting my hopes up. I'm 11-12 dpo today and always find the last couple days tough to get through. I might start spotting later tonight or tomorrow, and if I do I figure thats a good sign AF will be here (due Monday or Tuesday).

Belle - I've had bad sweats to where I woke up soaked on Clomid. I have bad hot flashes though so it could just be me. You haven't tested yet?

Ask - sorry I'm no help. It's my second month charting & I'm like a kindergartner to charts.

Speaking of charts, are my temps supposed to still be rising 4 DPO?? From yesterday temps & today temps, it has spiked .5. Does anyone have a link sitting around that would be informational for me about charting?

Ask I dont know enough to answer your question, sorry!

Belle, I have the occasional night sweat, but I am not sure if it was related to the clomid or femara. I thought the IUI was very easy. The second one was a little harder than the first bc the same thing that happened to ask happened to me... they couldnt fit the speculum in and had to try another. I wouldnt say it was painful though, more just uncomfortable, and when the catheter went in I didn't feel anything.

Thanks Love and Lar, at this point I'm thinking its probably just a result of the femara. Love I never test before AF is due anymore because I hate BFNs and wasting $$ on tests.

Aside from the speculum thing it sounds like the IUI isn't too bad then

I'll be honest the IUI was quite painful...the nurse practitioner couldn't get the catheter in (no problem with the speculum) so she changed catheters and it literally felt like she punched it through my cervix and the pain totally caught me off guard. It was more than uncomfortable - it hurt pretty significantly but that doesn't seem to be the norm so I don't want to scare you. It hurt for 30 seconds max. Maybe my cervix was closed. LAR - did a nurse or your RE do the IUI?

I get night sweats every night I take clomid which dissipate after the last pill though I woke up pretty hot and sweaty last night.

Oooh Ask that sounds super uncomfortable :S I'm hoping it won't hurt that way for me when I get to that point!

Ya, I would expect getting hot flashes and night sweats while taking the femara. But I didn't get any of those SE while actually taking the pills... the night sweats just showed up yesterday at 10 dpo. I would have thought the femara would be out of my system by then. Night sweats are definitely not the norm for me.

Belle - anything not normal is a good sign! I know it's hard to get excited but there's definitely reason to have hope!

I've wondered if my cervix is the whole reason I've had a hard time conceiving although it obviously happened last month...I've never been able to feel it "open". One of my best friends had 6 IUIs before she did IVF and she said they never hurt.

Thanks Ask, I hope you're right. I'm on my 20th cycle without a bfp ever so it feels almost impossible to me at this point. Stranger things have happened though.

I was wondering the same thing Ask if maybe there was something related to your cervix slowing things down? I know mine is tilted funny so I wonder the same thing for myself.

Thanks for not thinking I'm crazy haha! If our cervixes are the problem then IUI should do the trick! If AF shows after this cycle I'm definitely going to do a monitored cycle and ask about Femera. Clomid seemed to dry me up this cycle.

There's totally cases of clomid / Femera working for people with unexplained - hoping you are one of them!

Ya, if I did end up pregnant this cycle I think I would attribute it more to the lifestyle changes (DH has been weed free for about 2 months now, and my cycle is 2 days longer than what it used to be), and maybe the femara helped a second egg along or something. I hope we'll finally get a bit of luck

You're definitely not crazy Ask!! I wouldn't be surprised at all if you caught your first IUI. I'm hoping since the IUI cleans out some of the sub-par swimmers that that will make all the difference for you!

Ooh oops got it wrong when I thought it was the speculum that didnt work, Ask. For me there werent any problems with the catheter but that definitely sounds painful! The nurses don't do the IUIs where I go, only the REs, not always my own.

I was pretty surprised that a nurse was doing it and kinda unhappy about that...she was a nurse practitioner, so qualified to do the procedure but honestly she wasn't very professional and the whole experience kind of sucked.

My iui this morning: I wasn't sure what to expect, so I was mildly surprised that I had to dress in hospital gown with my hair covered and all. They wanted me to have a full bladde,which might have worked, but since there was over 1 h Delay I had to go, they got a bit worried and got me to drink lots of water. Long story short, I went to the bathroom 7 times.. Haha.. After I spent 1 h in a bed, but not with my feet elevated. The Dr did the procedure while using ultrasound (on my belly). I'll upload a picture they got me as I would like to know what it was... No pain (other than getting too much water and feeling like peeing all the time).. After I have been volunteering but no strenuous activities. I would have preferred not volunteering and just resting, but they needed me and I couldn't say no..

Oh, and I think hubby was a little disappointed, he had a very low count this time (we bd'ed less than 36 h ago.. But total motile they could use gave a count of 15 million..

I'm supposed to start the progesterone tonight, I think..

Nore - I'm glad it was not painful for you! They had me lie down for 10 minutes but I stayed for 15. I'd love to see the ultrasound! My RE's office didn't do that. I started progesterone last night...so far so good. My DH had a count of 15.7 million post wash and the nurse said it was "good" and that we had extra because they like to see 5-10 million. I read that anything above 9 million doesn't change the success rate. Was the 15 million after the sperm wash?

Nore - I'm glad it was not painful for you! They had me lie down for 10 minutes but I stayed for 15. I'd love to see the ultrasound! My RE's office didn't do that. I started progesterone last night...so far so good. My DH had a count of 15.7 million post wash and the nurse said it was "good" and that we had extra because they like to see 5-10 million. I read that anything above 9 million doesn't change the success rate. Was the 15 million after the sperm wash?
15 after wash (total 52 million (previously 99-117-275 million), our Dr also said it was a good number.

Any insight on my ultrasound? I litterally have no idea what to make of it..

Also, I am hesitatant on starting progesterone already tonight as prescribed (48 h past trigger shot). Hmm.. I guess I could start tomorrow?

Attachments

• _20170409_200843.jpg
    _20170409_200843.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 11
I had an ultrasound this morning (cd10). I have one mature follicle, so they are going to give me the ovidrel shot today. I am a little disappointed since last month I had 3 mature follicles, but then again, I didnt get pregnant last cycle (maybe an early cp, I am not sure?), and all I really need to get pregnant is 1 egg. Sometimes circumstances can be "ideal" like my last cycle and not work out, and then other cycles may not look as good on paper, but end up in a healthy baby. I am trying to stay positive and look at the big picture. What is most important is the end product, so I am trying not to get too stressed with the details along the way.

Lar femara tends to end up with 1 good quality egg but better lining as compared to clomid. The extended dose regime for femara (CD 1-9) tends to give multiple eggs and not impact lining negativity which is why it was shown superior for unexplained infertility when compared to standard course clomid or FE. But it might be something you have to ask for specifically! It's not the typical course of treatment.

gothca! thanks Belle. I appreciate the tip. I will definitely ask for it next cycle if this cycle doesnt work. I was wondering what femara was really doing if I end up with one egg, which is what I would usually have anyway.. maybe it improves the quality of the egg? that would be good. i have the IUI scheduled for tomorrow morning. I am looking forward to getting it done and getting to my tww.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->