Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Thank you Earth, I think so as well. My Provera was 10mg for 5 days but I've also taken it as 5mg for 10 days as well in the past.

I hear what you are saying, Belle. IUI definitely takes the romance out of it. And it's certainly not how I dreamed of bringing a child into this world. But it also speaks to how much we want that child and the lengths we are willing to take with our partner. It takes a lot of love, trust and commitment to make such a conscious choice and effort. Of course I'm still hoping AF doesn't show but if it does I'm ready (as I'll ever be) to try something else.

I get my blood drawn on Friday for this last round of Clomid. Doctor says if I don't respond to this round of Clomid he will try 1 or 2 cycles of Femara before referring me to RE.

Belle - I'm so sorry on how you feel. I definitely was anti-medicine in the beginning of everything & just knew my body would "fix itself" & here I am stuffing pills down my throats most of the month to get what I would die for. It's truly unfair for any woman to experience fertility issues. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy ��

That makes sense. IUI never bothered me personally. It's not exactly natural, but it seems more natural than IVF for example. My doctor said that if I try IUI for 3-6 cycles and don't get pregnant that I could try IVF. I don't know if I could bring myself to do that though, so I am hoping it doesn't come to that. No judgment at all to people who do it. It's just a scary thought for me personally, the same way IUI may be scary to others. We all have to make the best choices we can for ourselves with the cards we are dealt. I am really thankful for the opportunity and resources to do medicated cycles and IUI. And as my doctor says, if I do get pregnant in an IUI cycle, there is no way to know if the IUI or BD is what got me pregnant. It doesn't matter that much to me as long as a healthy baby comes out of the process.

That's true, LAR...my RE said to continue BDing eod during IUI so I guess you wouldn't know for sure. I don't have an issue doing IVF - don't want to subject my body to all those drugs and hormones but it's only 1 cycle (hopefully) and would be worth it.

Started spotting this morning. I think DH is more upset than I am. He's the one that has to give a sample in a cup...I just have to get injected lol. I told him the good news is that we should be pregnant by August ...3-4 IUIs, a break month, then IVF. That didn't make him very happy...but for me, after giving it a full year of trying and moving on to intervention (one of which is highly successful) feels like a light at the end of the tunnel.

I came across this article by accident - Ask & Belle since both of you are DX with Unexplained, I thought you might want to read this..

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fertility-drug-clomid-success-rate-healthy-births/

Thanks for sharing the article, Nita. I'm hopeful that maybe 3 rounds of clomid wasn't enough and that after 3 more rounds in conjunction with IUI I'll get pregnant! If not it's onto IVF which should definitely get me preggers! Lol

Thanks Nita, maybe I shouldn't get so down on myself that the first round of femara didn't work. I do think all things considered that femara is the better drug for me than clomid because I do struggle with thin lining. I think clomid is more efficient because it releases more eggs, which is important for unexplained. Which is why the extended dose femara trials interest me so much. Multiple eggs and no thinning effect on the lining. I'm going to ask about it for the IUI cycle.

Thanks ladies for all the kind thoughts in regards to IUI. I know it's not the end of the world. I started trying when I was 26 and honestly never thought I'd get to this point. I just have this sinking feeling that because we are 20 cycles in (as of tomorrow) and have never been pregnant once in that time that nothing except IVF will work

The only thing about IVF that actually concerns me is the idea that there could be extra embryos leftover that aren't used. I think that would haunt me. Is there any way to do IVF where you only create the number of embryos that you are going to use inside of you? I tried to look into it but couldn't find any information. If that were the case, I wouldn't have a problem doing it if IUI doesn't work after a number of tries.

Lar there are mini IVF cycles where they use less drugs and typically fewer embryos are formed. There is also a new invocell IVF technology which produces ~1-2 embryos at half the cost of traditional IVF. Its pretty brand new so I'm not 100% sold on it yet.

I think if we were lucky enough to have left over embryos that we would give them up for adoption so that they would at least have a shot with another family who struggled with infertility. I know thats not a great option for many because they may be haunted that their biological children "could" be out there somewhere. But it would feel right to me and I don't think I would be bothered by it.

I really do hope that IUI will work for all the ladies here who have started it already, or are planning to start in the near future. One thing that does legitimately terrify me with IUI is that you could get pregnant with triplets :/ I think if that happened to me I would have to selectively reduce one of them :( it would absolutely break my heart to do it though because I really don't believe in abortion unless its absolutely needed. So thats why IUI and injectibles may not be something that we try. Its less likely with IUI and clomid/femara

Thanks for the info Belle. Triplets is scary! I am not on injectables.. just doing clomid/ovidrel/iui, but since I did have three mature follicles this cycle, it is in the back of my mind. It is such a low chance that I am not losing sleep over it. But even just the fact that there is any chance at all is pretty scary. I wouldn't reduce the pregnancy, but I also can't imagine having three babies inside of me. Twins I would be okay with, but triplets... wouldn't be my first choice.

Ah sorry LAR forgot you had 3 nice eggies this cycle! I wouldn't worry too much about triplets there is a good chance only 1 or 2 will fertilize! Releasing 3 eggs does significantly increase the chances of it being a successful cycle though! I would be feeling so excited if I were you!

Honestly its more just a neurotic fear of mine that we would have triplets LOL. Can you imagine? I can't. The pregnancy is one thing, but then having to raise triplets afterwards... good lord. One of us (my husband haha) would have to quit their job because we wouldn't be able to afford child care! I put the fear of triplets into him and it was one of the things that helped him to quit weed LOL. I think its because I have a distant relation who got pregnant with triplets using assisted fertility tech. I'm not sure if they did IUI or IVF (I was a kid myself), but I do certainly remember the triplets!

No problem Belle. I realized there was some risk involved, but I'm not concerned since the risk is so low. I am excited for the chance that one might stick this cycle! My husband and I are thinking even if we only have one that he will probably be a stay-at-home dad. We live in NYC and childcare is so expensive... it wouldn't be worth it for him to stay at his job really. But then again I don't make enough to support all of us. So.... we are taking a leap of faith here. Hoping I can get a better paying job and he can find work to do from home. Might not be the smartest approach to start fertility tx and then figure out how to afford a kid, but I have faith we can find some way to make it work.

LAR we are pretty much in the same boat. My DH would be the stay at home parent as well. Luckily he has a job that he can do largely from home. We are hoping his mom may be able to help out on those days when he has to go to the office for client meetings. Childcare is pretty astronomical where we are as well, can get up to 1200 a month for one kid :/ I'd like to stay home for the first year for maternity leave but that would be tight as well as I'd only make 55% of my current wage and if we have debt from fertility treatment on top of it all... Its just a hard way to start out. Not gonna lie, I'm flat out jealous of people that get pregnant easily.

I think having a kid is always a bit of a leap of faith, and even more so when fertility treatments are involved.

If you are okay with giving an embryo up for adoption and okay with growing three babies, do you think you could give one baby up for adoption if you had triplets? I know chances are that wouldn't happen, but I'm just curious. I can't imagine giving a child up for adoption, but for me anyway, if I was absolutely forced to make a decision, I would choose adoption over reducing.

Its just the risks with a triplet pregnancy are SO high. There is a good chance it will be a premature birth and that the babies would have significant difficulties as a result (i.e. hypoxic birth events, cerebral palsy, etc.). Some women end up losing all of their babies when its triplets. Its just so dangerous for the babies and the mom that I would rather pre-emptively reduce. I think that would be the better choice for the children, myself, and our economic situation. But I certainly do respect other people's choice to do the opposite!

I think the plan is to try and jump start my cycle. Start Clomid tomorrow (cd55) for 5days and see if it makes me O. 25mg.

Im nervous because you hear about Overstimulation and im thinking my ovaries will explode or something. :blush:

Its just the risks with a triplet pregnancy are SO high. There is a good chance it will be a premature birth and that the babies would have significant difficulties as a result (i.e. hypoxic birth events, cerebral palsy, etc.). Some women end up losing all of their babies when its triplets. Its just so dangerous for the babies and the mom that I would rather pre-emptively reduce. I think that would be the better choice for the children, myself, and our economic situation. But I certainly do respect other people's choice to do the opposite!

That's true too. Hopefully we don't ever get three at once!

I think the plan is to try and jump start my cycle. Start Clomid tomorrow (cd55) for 5days and see if it makes me O. 25mg.

Im nervous because you hear about Overstimulation and im thinking my ovaries will explode or something. :blush:

Certainly not on that dosage, I doubt you will even feel side effects. I have never heard anyone take that low dosage. Hope it works though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->