Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

is is normal to feel NOTHING on clomid? Like no O twinges or anything??? :shrug:
I felt nothing. On my first two cycles I had sinus infections but not on the third round..

I just emailed our clinic. I'm cd2 and we want to do iui but I don't want more clomid as last time it proved ineffective..

I'm spending this morning trying to figure out how much to take of each vitamin again. Oh, and did anyone try maca? It tastes.. Not very pleasant.. And my Chinese Dr told me to stop drinking so much coconut water :blush: I love coconut water :cry: but it is considered "cold" and I need "warm" so I guess I'll at least cut back..

Nore I used maca in pill form for awhile. It helped with energy. But I quit taking it after my RE said it was unlikely to be helping with anything

Nore I used maca in pill form for awhile. It helped with energy. But I quit taking it after my RE said it was unlikely to be helping with anything

Haha, I think I'll give it to hubby then.. ;) waiting for my Dr appointment now, went quite quickly (got an appointment 2-3h after sending them an email). If he suggest Femara I guess I'll give it a try, though that means no more herbs.. Or I do herbs and no clomid / Femara.. Tbc.. Haha :)

On earth, I felt nothing on 50mg but didn't ovulate. I felt lots of 100mg and ovulated on both 100mg cycles.

Haha, we discussed for quite some time.

Please correct me if I'm wrong :

1. No vitex with clomid?
2. Re said I could drink herbs but that's a no no, right? (clomid + Chinese herbs)
3. I will get injections this cycle, anyone tried those? I hope I'll manage to do it..

About 10-12 eggs today..

Onearth, I felt O pains on the months I didnt ovulate. On the months I did O I only felt ovary pains during the days I took Clomid, but nothing further.

Nore, happy to see you back on here.

Earth - I always feel O pains but they are definitely stronger on clomid. I took them cd3-7 this cycle and last night on cd8 had pretty intense dull aching on the right side.

Nore - injectables + IUI has a higher success rate than clomid + IUI (but be aware it also increases your chance of multiples - twins, triplets or more!)

Here's a link with reference to a lot of research regarding ways to improve success rate with IUI.
https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/iui-success-rates

Nore I would​ go with the drugs and skip the herbs for your IUI!

Okay, so I don't want to sound crazy or neurotic or any of those things. But as I am LTTTC I do find it triggering to see the banners on people's siggys showing their babies development. I am happy for you guys truly. But I am someone who actively hides pictures of other people's kids on my Facebook feed because it is so difficult for me to see those things right now. If I had experienced a loss I would probably feel even worse having to watch (in strange detail) how someone else's pregnancy is progressing.

I know there is a way to put banners behind a "spoiler" link so that it's not triggering for people. That is actually a rule over in LTTTC because of how difficult it can be for people. I know this thread isn't posted in LTTTC, but there are many people here who are at that phase of their journey. I come here because it's a safe place to unwind and get support from others who are going through the same thing as me, and I do appreciate the support given by those who are pregnant. I just find the banners quite upsetting and difficult to take, especially during moments when I'm feeling vulnerable.

Belle i get it! It has been very difficult for me after multiple losses. Please accept my sincerest apology ❤

is is normal to feel NOTHING on clomid? Like no O twinges or anything??? :shrug:
I felt nothing. On my first two cycles I had sinus infections but not on the third round..

I just emailed our clinic. I'm cd2 and we want to do iui but I don't want more clomid as last time it proved ineffective..

I'm spending this morning trying to figure out how much to take of each vitamin again. Oh, and did anyone try maca? It tastes.. Not very pleasant.. And my Chinese Dr told me to stop drinking so much coconut water :blush: I love coconut water :cry: but it is considered "cold" and I need "warm" so I guess I'll at least cut back..

Dh tried maca powder in his smoothies to make it taste better. Made no difference for him TTC wise

Onearth, I felt O pains on the months I didnt ovulate. On the months I did O I only felt ovary pains during the days I took Clomid, but nothing further.

Nore, happy to see you back on here.

Earth - I always feel O pains but they are definitely stronger on clomid. I took them cd3-7 this cycle and last night on cd8 had pretty intense dull aching on the right side.

I have felt nothing. No O pains or anything. Just normal. :growlmad: I know people said 25mg might not do much but i was hopeful.

Earth I haven't felt any O pains on femara 2.5mg yet. I will probably happen tomorrow and I feel completely normal. Just because no pain doesn't mean O didn't happen! Lots of cycles where I had no pain I know for sure that I O'd!

Earth I haven't felt any O pains on femara 2.5mg yet. I will probably happen tomorrow and I feel completely normal. Just because no pain doesn't mean O didn't happen! Lots of cycles where I had no pain I know for sure that I O'd!

When I O, i get them about 2d before O... except on FE. I got twinges the last few days I took FE.

Nore - injectables + IUI has a higher success rate than clomid + IUI (but be aware it also increases your chance of multiples - twins, triplets or more!)

Here's a link with reference to a lot of research regarding ways to improve success rate with IUI.
https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/iui-success-rates

I will have a look :) Would not mind up to three in one go, haha, but more than that would be ... difficult.. I think if I have 4 eggs ready to pop they would not go through with the IuI..

Nore I would​ go with the drugs and skip the herbs for your IUI!

Okay, so I don't want to sound crazy or neurotic or any of those things. But as I am LTTTC I do find it triggering to see the banners on people's siggys showing their babies development. I am happy for you guys truly. But I am someone who actively hides pictures of other people's kids on my Facebook feed because it is so difficult for me to see those things right now. If I had experienced a loss I would probably feel even worse having to watch (in strange detail) how someone else's pregnancy is progressing.

I know there is a way to put banners behind a "spoiler" link so that it's not triggering for people. That is actually a rule over in LTTTC because of how difficult it can be for people. I know this thread isn't posted in LTTTC, but there are many people here who are at that phase of their journey. I come here because it's a safe place to unwind and get support from others who are going through the same thing as me, and I do appreciate the support given by those who are pregnant. I just find the banners quite upsetting and difficult to take, especially during moments when I'm feeling vulnerable.

yup, skipping herbs and skipping vitex.. (yay, the herbs still tastes like mud water!! yuck!)

And agree with your other points, however happy I am for you guys, it is a little hard to cope with.. :blush:

Dh tried maca powder in his smoothies to make it taste better. Made no difference for him TTC wise.

Haha, we both think it tastes like.. well.. not as bad as the mudwater (herbs) but not far from it.. haha :)

So.. plan for this cycle:

CD2: Stop vitex, herbs and I took too much follic acid (I took 5mg +4 mg in supplements). U/s: 10-12 follicles swimming about..
CD3:
CD4: Clomid (Acupuncture if time)
CD5: Clomid
CD6: Clomid+ Injection (Acupuncture)
CD7: Clomid
CD8: Clomid + Injection
CD9: (Acupuncture)
CD10: Injection (BD?)
CD11:
CD12: Ultrasound + Ovidrel (?) (BD)
CD13:(Acupuncture)
CD 14: IUI (?) (BD after IUI)
CD15: (BD)
CD16: (Acupuncture)
Obviously the dates might change for the ovidrel and IUI..

I will take:
1. Pregnancy complete (from UK)
2. Vit E 800 IU.
3. COQ10
4. Omega 3
5. Smoothies with fruit, wheatgrass and spirulina (reduced amount spirulina after O)
6. Brazil nuts + seeds and walnuts

And I will TRY to move around more, I won't commit to too much, but I will try to be more sporty:haha::blush::sleep::dohh:

Hi ladies, just an update after my 8week appointment today, even though I have taken 150mg Clomid, there is only 1 baby growing inside of me. Even though Clomid did fix a problem for me, my OB indicated that Clomod can mess with my hormones, so I have to take 200mg progesterone per day for the next 4 weeks, just incase.

Nore it sounds like you have a great plan!

I'm due to O either today or tomorrow. DH and I have just been inseminating with softcups as I've been too sick to actually BD. I'd like to actually BD at least once this cycle. Maybe tonight if we are feeling up to it. I decided not to temp this cycle and just used OPKs. Being sick I knew my temps would be out to lunch so I saved myself the stress. I've gotten great ewcm (like I usually do). No O cramps so far (don't always get them), but did have a tiny bit of spotting yesterday.

Hi ladies, just an update after my 8week appointment today, even though I have taken 150mg Clomid, there is only 1 baby growing inside of me. Even though Clomid did fix a problem for me, my OB indicated that Clomod can mess with my hormones, so I have to take 200mg progesterone per day for the next 4 weeks, just incase.

:happydance::happydance:

Congrats Nita! Did you have an ultrasound done to see how many mature eggs you had inside you the cycle you got pregnant? Were you hoping for more than one?

Congrats Nita! Did you have an ultrasound done to see how many mature eggs you had inside you the cycle you got pregnant? Were you hoping for more than one?

Thank you! :) No, I wasn't being monitored, just had the CD21 bloodtest to confirm O, based on my Prog levels on CD20 (14.8 nmol/L) I didnt think there would be two. I was hoping for 1, but was okay with the idea of 2 as I knew that was a risk with Clomid

I hear ya, Belle. The tickers and particularly the ultrasound photos are disturbing to me after such a recent loss. I don't expect someone who has never experienced a loss to understand how it feels but I agree that the ttc boards should be a safe space for us. Seeing someone else's baby growing inside of them that is only a couple weeks ahead of where my baby would be is distressing, to say the least. Of course I'm happy for those who have conceived but my heart strings sure could use a break from getting yanked on. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->