• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Bonnie11- Wow, we will be in this together! I'm excited for us both. I'm jealous of your BD schedule...with my hubby being out of town, I'm on edge! Ugh!

Norelisa- Join on in! :)

I count on it, though my FF chart is a bit messed up...

Question: My kitty woke me up this morning at 04:45, I temped 36,7. I was up for a bit but slept a little bit, like an hour from 7-8, then I temped again at 37,2. When I put in the 37,2 I got an indication that I ovulated on CD18 (Oct 15th).. If this is the case then bad news, that was when hubby was away.. BUUUUT, I then changed my OPK-s to keep ONLY the absolut darkest one (on CD21, Oct 18th) and now I don't have an ovulation detected at all... I don't get it?!

See attached "new" chart..

Attachments

• b_oNw4eN.jpg
    b_oNw4eN.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 3
Bonnie11- Wow, we will be in this together! I'm excited for us both. I'm jealous of your BD schedule...with my hubby being out of town, I'm on edge! Ugh!

Norelisa- Join on in! :)

I count on it, though my FF chart is a bit messed up...

Question: My kitty woke me up this morning at 04:45, I temped 36,7. I was up for a bit but slept a little bit, like an hour from 7-8, then I temped again at 37,2. When I put in the 37,2 I got an indication that I ovulated on CD18 (Oct 15th).. If this is the case then bad news, that was when hubby was away.. BUUUUT, I then changed my OPK-s to keep ONLY the absolut darkest one (on CD21, Oct 18th) and now I don't have an ovulation detected at all... I don't get it?!

See attached "new" chart..

So I have three potential versions of my chart. Which one is correct?

Change 1: keeping positive OPKs give an ovulation date.. should I mark them all as negative or keep them as positives? (It was confirmed as positive by the manufacturer of the test strips...)

Change 2: Using temp from waking up at 4:45 or 07:50 makes a big difference too! Which one to choose?!

Attachments

• b_8XCxKZ.jpg
    b_8XCxKZ.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 2
  • b_AULON7.jpg
    b_AULON7.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 2
I would use the first temp you took and keep in the opk's. And keep BD.

Haha, if I am lucky I'll get a real temp rise tomorrow.. My OPK was negative today, just a very, very faint line.. Not sure I'll get my husband to BD unless I get another + OPK.. haha (he kinda accepts his faith when it is positive..:blush:)

I guess for next cycle I will do a test to check if my tubes are blocked, just to rule it out, and maybe do an IUI,it shouldn't be this stressful to make a baby, right?!

Haha, if I am lucky I'll get a real temp rise tomorrow.. My OPK was negative today, just a very, very faint line.. Not sure I'll get my husband to BD unless I get another + OPK.. haha (he kinda accepts his faith when it is positive..:blush:)

I guess for next cycle I will do a test to check if my tubes are blocked, just to rule it out, and maybe do an IUI,it shouldn't be this stressful to make a baby, right?!

Morning Norelisa. Sounds like things are a bit rocky your side with the positive and negative test, etc. I agree with your last sentence - should not be this stressful to make a baby right? :wacko: I have done an OPK in the last 48 hours - didnt thought I would be able to, and tomorow is that dreaded blood test :dohh: I think best would be to keep on BD and hope for the best :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi everyone,
I've been away for awhile...feeling kind of down from last cycle bfn again...also just had a bad day today and argued with dh....makes everything worse...
For next cycle, my clinic told me they will try letrozole, since it won't thin the uterine lining, anyone try this before? Thanks!
Baby dust to everyone!

Good luck Sarah! Hope 100mg will work for you!
Weebles-hope AF doesn't come and you get your bfp!
Baby dust to everyone!
Last day of provera tomorrow for me! Excited for AF to come and start a new cycle!

Any of you ladies gone from 50mg to 100mg and noticed an increase in side effects? I was fine on 50mg, a few hot flushes but nothing major.

So confused - after having no positive OPK I see today the EWCM and its major stretchy - not much but some (assuming I am still dry due to the Fertomid) I am scared I am Oíng and we are missing that egg, last 2 days no BD because DH have been very sick and still is :(

I am also having some abdominal cramps :o

So confused - after having no positive OPK I see today the EWCM and its major stretchy - not much but some (assuming I am still dry due to the Fertomid) I am scared I am Oíng and we are missing that egg, last 2 days no BD because DH have been very sick and still is :(

Oh Nita, I hope you can catch it! My hubby is out of town while I am, hoping to catch it on the late end... ugh, the stress! LOL. Good luck girl!

Oh Nita, I hope you can catch it! My hubby is out of town while I am, hoping to catch it on the late end... ugh, the stress! LOL. Good luck girl!

Thanks, my symptons dissapeared already so I'm thinking if I did O I missed it. It's so stressful :nope: Hope your hubby gets back in time to catch that egg... lots and lots of baby dust :dust:

The very first time I had positive opk (in June) my husband got ill as well, two weeks at the hospital with typhus.. So no bd then.. :nope:

I think I'll have to check if I have pcos or something.. I did another two opks today. One was barely visible in the morning and quite dark in the afternoon... Sigh..

Buuut, I guess if the temp is high tomorrow too then I have o-ed.. If not.. Hmm..

The very first time I had positive opk (in June) my husband got ill as well, two weeks at the hospital with typhus.. So no bd then.. :nope:

I think I'll have to check if I have pcos or something.. I did another two opks today. One was barely visible in the morning and quite dark in the afternoon... Sigh..

Buuut, I guess if the temp is high tomorrow too then I have o-ed.. If not.. Hmm..

I have heard that the best time to use the OPK is at 2 PM but any time in the afternoon till 8Pm is fine. Dont really know why not in the morning though, but maybe you should try testing at 2pm every day and see what happend? I dont temp and dont think i would so dont know that works.

I have been following this thread silently (as not on clomid) because I know there are people here with unexplained who are on clomid and I want to see your outcomes!

I have my follow-up appointment with my RE today to go over all of our test results and get a "big picture" look at everything. I wouldn't be surprised if they offered clomid but I'm hesitant to take it because I've read that clomid doesn't increase pregnancy rates above expectant management for unexplained infertility, and then you are exposed to all the risks associated with clomid, which makes me nervous. Not sure what to do! I'll probably just continue to follow this thread silently lol

Hi ladies - sounds like we are all anxiously waiting...in the tww or waiting to O! I'm 10-11dpo and bfn. I do think clomid gave me a stronger O bc temps have never looked so good, so either way it's a good thing!

I have heard that the best time to use the OPK is at 2 PM but any time in the afternoon till 8Pm is fine. Dont really know why not in the morning though, but maybe you should try testing at 2pm every day and see what happend? I dont temp and dont think i would so dont know that works.

I usually do twice, around 11;30 and around 5 pm.. :shrug: I think the reason for not testing in the morning is the concentration of LH is lower then, it only surges in the afternoon. Why it is like that, I have no idea.. haha:)

Temping is to confirm o-ing.. Once it goes up for three consecutive days (up 0,2-0,5 degrees from base temperatur) it means you have ovulated.. My problem is the consistency, my foster kitty wakes me up every now and then, but you are supposed to temp same time every day if possible.. And you should do it the moment you wake up, and ideally after at least 3 h uninterrupted sleep.. haha:dohh: I don't even have one of those fancy thermometers with 2 digits :-$

Hi ladies - sounds like we are all anxiously waiting...in the tww or waiting to O! I'm 10-11dpo and bfn. I do think clomid gave me a stronger O bc temps have never looked so good, so either way it's a good thing!

Crossing fingers for a 2017 baby for all of us.. :)

10-11 days might still be false negative, so fingers extra crossed:)

Thanks, my symptons dissapeared already so I'm thinking if I did O I missed it. It's so stressful :nope: Hope your hubby gets back in time to catch that egg... lots and lots of baby dust :dust:

Shoot, I'm sorry. Having a sick hubby is no fun for DTD! It is really stressful. Thank you...I'm having HORRIBLE cramps right now so I'm hoping we did not miss the window!

The RE pretty much confirmed that we have unexplained infertility. Said our options were essentially stimulated IUI and IVF. However, she said if we wanted to we could try on our own for a couple more cycles. She prescribed femara for 3 cycles. It doesn't have the same side effects as clomid (doesn't thin lining, doesn't effect cm) so I think it might be a good option for me as my lining is on the thin side. However, looking at the research I know that for unexplained that femara and clomid essentially give you the same odds as just trying on your own. I'll give it a shot because its something new that we can try. I'm not ready to pursue IUI or IVF afterwards though. That's tough to swallow especially after being told you are both in perfect reproductive health.

I think we'll try until we hit the 2 year mark and then we'll look at IUI and IVF. Honestly, from all I've read expectant management for unexplained offers just as good results as treatment. I took a probability of conception test (takes into account various factors) and it gave us a 45% chance of conception in the next year without any treatment. Those are decent odds.

Still sucked being told point blank that you're infertile and there is no reason why

Belle, I replied to your earlier post in the October thread but I think it got lost in all the announcements. But first.. You are not infertile, they just can't tell you why you haven't conceived yet. And that doesn't mean there isn't a reason, it means they don't know what it is. Science has only gone so far with testing. It means that fertility meds might do the trick and they might not. IUI or IVF might be a road you travel. Or you might just have to be patient and keep trying. Being told that they cannot explain your infertility is different that being told you are infertile. You are not infertile and it is far to soon to begin to believe that you might be because you are not. Now about the research on this.. The studies indicating that clomid gives your same odds as trying on your own when it comes to unexplained infertility, how can the groups be balanced if they don't know the reason behind it? What if someone in the group who just tried on their own would have conceived if they didn't get the placebo? And there are just so many variables when it comes to people's intimate lives that cannot possibly be accounted for. What if someone in the clomid group didn't BD as regularly as they said they did.. I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm really not. I think it's important that you do what is right for you and if something in your gut is telling you that it would be best to try on your own I think that's exactly what you need to do. I know it's not easy not having an answer but there is still hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->