• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Weebles, I'd keep testing at home. When I got my BFP it started off strong but then faded so I knew it was all over before I actually lost the pregnancy. But you'll be able to watch and see how they get darker because I've got all my hopes on this being a sticky one for you!

People really don't get it and I mostly don't blame them. I wouldn't have understood until I went through it. I mostly try to remember that people usually mean the best when they make those comments, they want to fix things and don't want you to suffer. They don't intend for their comments to hurt.

I went to the doctor on Friday because I hurt my ankle 8 months ago and it's still not better. I mentioned to the doctor about not Oing on Clomid and she said "oh well, if you don't get pregnant this year, there's always next year and the year after that"... I thought that was pretty insensitive.

Nita, that makes more sense. Why don't you think you O'd? It can be hard to know without temping or doing OPKs. I got an almost positive OPK on CD 17 and still didn't O. That's quite a variation in cycle length. Hopefully Clomid will do the trick.

Ask, your chart looks so promising, triphasic and everything. Don't give up hope, you can get spotting as an early pregnancy symptom. Have you tested?

Sarah, I only started doing OPK in the last month while on Clomid, but never before so not sure if I did O on my own in the past, however while using the OPK in the last month I did not get a positive result once. The line got darker but not dark enough though for a positive and then i only got very faint to no lines. I havent done another OPK in the last few days or so as they are very expensive to get in south africa, hubby and i decided to keep on BD every 2-3 days and wait for the results on my bloodtest.

If you have PCOS, OPKs aren't really that useful. I'm not sure if that's what you've been diagnosed with or not, but it's possible if you're got crazy cycles. OPKs don't confirm if you've O'd either, you can gear up to release an egg and never actually release one but the OPK will still be positive. If they're expensive, you might not want to bother. Have you thought about temping?

If you're BDing that often you'll have the best odds at catch an egg if you release one. Hopefully your doctor gets back to you soon.

I'm having some cramping so hopefully AF isn't far away.

If you have PCOS, OPKs aren't really that useful. I'm not sure if that's what you've been diagnosed with or not, but it's possible if you're got crazy cycles. OPKs don't confirm if you've O'd either, you can gear up to release an egg and never actually release one but the OPK will still be positive. If they're expensive, you might not want to bother. Have you thought about temping?

If you're BDing that often you'll have the best odds at catch an egg if you release one. Hopefully your doctor gets back to you soon.

I'm having some cramping so hopefully AF isn't far away.

I have not been diagnosed with anything yet, so i dont really know if aomething is wrong, the Gynae could not physically find anything wrong with me. I might consider temping next month all depends on what my Gynae say about my test results.

That must be frustrating. I'm really sorry, sometimes it's easier when you have an answer for what is going on. How long have you been trying for? Did your doctor do a progesterone blood test before you started Clomid? Usually it's done on CD 21 to see if you've ovulated. It's the same blood test you would have had just the other day.

I'm coming down with a cold :( blah.

That must be frustrating. I'm really sorry, sometimes it's easier when you have an answer for what is going on. How long have you been trying for? Did your doctor do a progesterone blood test before you started Clomid? Usually it's done on CD 21 to see if you've ovulated. It's the same blood test you would have had just the other day.

I'm coming down with a cold :( blah.

We have been trying since march, i had 2 normal 32 cycles and 4 very irregular cycles then i consulted my Gynae about a month ago, at that stage I was on CD43 and i was given provera. She then suggested that I do O just late and I should go on Clomid for a month, which was now October and then yesterday I had the day21 test.

Goodluck with your cold :hugs:

Sarah - I was thinking the same about my chart but I've gotten bfns every day since 8dpo. Looks like temps are on their way down. :cry:

Nita - what an insensitive thing for your doctor to say! My doc wants me to get pregnant ASAP! But I'm 34. Either way, if you want to get pregnant now they should do everything they can to help you.

Sarah - I was thinking the same about my chart but I've gotten bfns every day since 8dpo. Looks like temps are on their way down. :cry:

Nita - what an insensitive thing for your doctor to say! My doc wants me to get pregnant ASAP! But I'm 34. Either way, if you want to get pregnant now they should do everything they can to help you.

Well my Doc did say that she also wants me to get pregnant ASAP thus immediately given me the Clomid. I think I took too long to make an appointment with her... I kept hoping it will happen. I am only 24 and DH 26 so we have got some time (although we dont want to wait hee hee).

That's good, Nita. You're a spring chick! ;) But I know what you mean...when you are ready to start your family, you want to start now! I've wanted to have a family since your age but made a few wrong turns with the wrong partners. Found my Prince Charming finally! :)

Well time is on your side Nita, I'm sure you won't have much longer to wait! Sometimes things can all be working perfectly and it still doesn't work out! That's the case with me anyway. We still have another cycle to go before we hit the 1 year mark. I'm hoping we will be able to squeak it in and be one of the 85% who conceive in the first year. Such a high number... Never in a million years did I think I would be one of the 15% who didn't.

That's good, Nita. You're a spring chick! ;) But I know what you mean...when you are ready to start your family, you want to start now! I've wanted to have a family since your age but made a few wrong turns with the wrong partners. Found my Prince Charming finally! :)

I am lucky to have found my prince charming very early :) to me it feels like i waited so long, i come from a family where everyone started having families at the age of 18 :D we just bought a big house and we are ready to fill them with babies (heehee) i am hoping another round of clomid will do the trick.

Nita, I'd definitely ask them to do a full check up of what might be going on. If you can, get your DH to do a SA just to rule anything out there too. It definitely would be worth while knowing what the problem is so they can try to fix it. I've read that thyroid problems and Celiac Disease ( and many other things) can cause irregular cycles. As far as I know, Clomid isn't going to 'fix' those problems and there are other things that will. You are still young, but that doesn't help because we all wanted to be pregnant as soon as we started trying.

Ask, I'm sorry, it does look like your temps are dropping and AF might be here soon. Dumb :(. Will your plan change for next cycle?

I hope af stays away for you Ask. It's hard when you see your temps start to nosedive. Honestly it's why I haven't recorded temps for the past two days.

Belle, I so hope you get your bfp asap.

Sarah, hope you get af soon so you can get going again

Nita, my obgyn would not treat me until my hubby did a SA.. I was putting it off longer than I should have but I agree with Sarah.

Ugh I'm so frustrated. I caught the flu. :( Worried about my luck this cycle now.

Not sure if they'll bump the clomid dosage next cycle or keep it the same as I did ovulate. The spotting has pretty much stopped today. It was only after DH and I dtd last night but considering the negative hpts and temps dropping, I'm expecting AF tomorrow. Blah.

We are doing some reorganizing and I was looking through a box of my step sons' baby clothes that I saved for our future babies and started to cry as I snapped the tiny buttons and folded miniature socks. I feel so very ready to be a momma.

Sorry you have the flu, 2much! Get well soon!!!

2 much, I really hope the flu doesn't ruin your chances :( rest up and drink lots of water. I'm in bed coughing, sneezing and all blocked up but thankfully I'm not in my fertile week.

Weebles, have you taking your temp and just not recording it or not temping at all? Have you done anymore tests?

I have been but it's gone down some so I didn't record. :/ I'm trying to stay positive, it was at an earlier time than usual as I worked the early shift today. I'm testing again tomorrow so hopefully things are darker. Everything I've been reading though 15 hcg IS really really low. Hopefully just a late implanter.

Yeah I'd disregard the temps too. I've read you're not meant to continue temping after you get a BFP. Based on your chart, you might have implanted at 9 DPO, which is a little late. Try and be positive and know that there's nothing you can do to change whats going to happen. Enjoy that you're pregnant and know that we are all keeping everything crossed for you!

Thanks Sarah, and I really really hope you're right and I'm glad you said that. i hope you ladies under the weather start feeling better.

No worries. If definitely ring up on Monday and ask if they can repeat the test for you. You'll know by then if the number is rising or if it's not going to be your time this month :(.

Still no AF. What is she even up to?? The one time you need her and she doesn't show up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->