Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

We have been lucky so far, DH had to travel home during one of the flash floods a few nights ago, but thankfully he got home safe after being stuck on the road for a while.

I guess the best test is the blood test to confirm O. :shrug: I am just glad its onto the new cycle and hopefully this cycle. DH is on the non alcoholic beer atm and very grumpy about it :haha::haha: on the other side i was so down yesterday and i think he saw it, so he acted all silly last night and made me laugh so much.

That's lucky. Hopefully things ease and both our countries get a bit of a break!

Yup definitely a blood test or ultrasound is the best check of ovulation. I found a few cases of women getting temp rises but not actually ovulating, it's apparently rare but I have seen other women with PCOS experiencing the same.

FX for this cycle for you. It takes 3 months for any lifestyle changes to have an impact on sperm quality. So quitting alcohol just during your fertile window probably won't make a hell of a difference. My DH has cut down on alcohol consumption but not quit completely.

I found a study that said if you BD every day in your fertile window you've got a 37% chance of a BFP. Every other day was 33% and once in the fertile window was 10%. I think we've done all we can!

So my DH is away from the 22nd November (my birthday!) until the 25th November. That's 10-13DPO.

I will be dying to test but feeling a bit unsure what I should do.

DH and I have been through a lot dealing with this infertility in the past 12 months and we've really leaned/lent (?) on each other. He knows how to read my charts, listened to to me go on and on and on about this and just been amazing. We are in it together 100% and I know he'll want to be there when I test.

BUT I've got this idea to surprise him (if by some miracle it's a BFP). I want to get a box and inside put a helium balloon attached to my pregnancy test haha.

What would you ladies do?

So my DH is away from the 22nd November (my birthday!) until the 25th November. That's 10-13DPO.

DH and I have been through a lot dealing with this infertility in the past 12 months and we've really leaned/lent (?) on each other. He knows how to read my charts, listened to to me go on and on and on about this and just been amazing. We are in it together 100% and I know he'll want to be there when I test.

BUT I've got this idea to surprise him (if by some miracle it's a BFP). I want to get a box and inside put a helium balloon attached to my pregnancy test haha.

I think I would surprise DH with the BFP. If your DH is anything like mine he will be extremely happy no matter how he is told. I think after a long journey of BFN and struggles it changes things slightly. I dont know if I ever get my BFP if I will be able to keep quiet and surprise DH, I would be so happy I would give him a call immediately :haha: but would definately try the surprise route :hugs:

Norelisa, how's the start of your TWW going? Any symptoms?

Nothing promising yet.. not sure of my temps, they might actually be a bit higher, but as long as they went up Im happy:) Doesn't feel anyhting yet though.. and you? 3dpo - finally the crosshairs are there! haha :)

I don' t have much hope for this cycle now, apparently my CM doesnt indicate conception at least :(
:cry:

I have also used the function "charts like mine" on FF, but when I put in some info (on clomid, male factor etc) it doesn't look very good..

How about you?

Oh you are lucky! Mine doesn't want to even have a peak / or listen to how it works at all.. as long as I tell him when we have to BD he doesn't really want to know much more haha..

I would def try surprise! But I would do it very, very soon after getting a BFP! Which is why I am hesitating to start the "surprise" before getting the BFP, but I also feel very uncomfortable doing it before I know, its a little sad..

Did anyone else do opk after o?

I still think mine looks quite dark, not positive, but still?

Attachments

• _20161115_170258.jpg
    _20161115_170258.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 2

OMG :blush: you have such luck with OPKs, so many positives :nope: still looks very positive to me.

OMG :blush: you have such luck with OPKs, so many positives :nope: still looks very positive to me.

Not sure its a good sign :shrug::nope: I don't know if I should try to BD again tonight, haha, if so,it will be quite stressful as its now 7 pm and we will soon go and eat with some friends, then we have to pack for our 6 am flight tomorrow... not sure he will agree. haha :)

Not sure its a good sign :shrug::nope: I don't know if I should try to BD again tonight, haha, if so,it will be quite stressful as its now 7 pm and we will soon go and eat with some friends, then we have to pack for our 6 am flight tomorrow... not sure he will agree. haha :)

Oh no - I say give a shot. Tell DH it might be the lucky swimmer who reaches your egg tonight :blush:

2much, yay for a thicker lining. It's all sounding very promising! Are you doing OPKs or temping? Get BDing!

Neither really- OPKs and temping would be off due to Clomid/Ovidrel. I did an OPK just for kicks, but of course it is positive after a trigger. ;)

Dang. Sore throat. 38.5.. Milk with honey and paracet before bed and then up at 3:45am to catch our flight to Hong Kong.. Yay :( now ff took away my fine line too :( but I didn't have fever this morning..

Dang. Sore throat. 38.5.. Milk with honey and paracet before bed and then up at 3:45am to catch our flight to Hong Kong.. Yay :( now ff took away my fine line too :( but I didn't have fever this morning..

Oh how frustrating, I'm sorry. Feel better soon!:cry:

Oh no, what a horrible time to get sick. Hope you feel better soon and have a safe flight:hugs:

Thanks nita, I am quite keen on surprising him but mainly so I don't have to wait. He'll be away and I'm not sure how much communication we will have, so it should be fairly easy to keep it a surprise. I know he'd be happy as long as it's a BFP but I feel a little disrespectful testing before he's home.

Norelisa, I wouldn't give up at 3DPO just based on CM. I'm feeling pretty tired today. I fell asleep really early last night and had a good night's sleep but still yawning. My nipples have been on an off sensitive. I've had lower back pain and felt a little nauseous. It could just be the progesterone from ovulation so I'm not getting hope up this early. Weird about your OPK. It's a shame your temps are a little innacurate but I'd say it looks like you've O'd already. There's no harm in BDing again. My DH initially didn't want to know anything about charting, he said that if we BD every day we would get pregnant. But the longer it took the more he wanted to know. He had a bigger smile than me about my temp this morning. In terms of the surprise, he'll be home on 13DPO so I would organize the surprise for then. I hope you feel better soon.

Norelisa and sarah, i see both of you had your spike temps. Thats so awesome.

As for me, AF is still around, must be longest AF I ever had. But i have started my first clomids last night and so far no side effects.

Thanks Nita. I was so excited about my chart. My temp this morning just shot up. FF wants to put my crosshairs on CD 17 but I felt O on CD 16. By CD 17 I had no ovary pain and was definitely had ovulated.

I'm sure your chart will look like ours this cycle too!

I hope AF disappears soon. FX for no side effects from Clomid.

I've been feeling pretty tired the last few days. Im trying not to get my hopes up. Only 4 DPO. I have my blood test tomorrow.

hee hee I am praying atleast 1000 times a day that I O this month.

Starting to get a headache - I remember having them last cycle while on Clomid, but it could be from something else. Guess if I have headaches again it is from the Clomid :haha: but thats an easy side effect to handle :blush:

Haha I don't blame you. I'm just SO happy that I ovulated. A BFP of course would be amazing, but the fact the I ovulated is just exciting!! I'm so confident you will too.

The day after my first pill I felt pretty bad too. I hope it passes!

Luckily I am not feelling too bad. Also still working on a healthier me, since I started last week I lost 1.3kg - its not much but its a beginning. :coffee: I have a BMI of 24 which is pretty normal - but used to have a BMI of 22 before married life so I want to go back to that.

As for O - only time will tell. and time goes by so quickly - feels like yesterday when I was waiting for AF and now I am already on CD5 :dohh:

DH is busy looking at a new car so that's keeping us busy and my mind off babies. :haha:

That's good. Hopefully the side effects aren't too bad. I've read that some women find they have different side effects each cycle even on the same dose.

That's awesome about the weight loss. I've put on a bit of weight this year too. Were you on the pill before when you had a lower BMI? I was and found most of my PCOS symptoms were minimal and my weight was lower. I'm not overweight now but like you I'd like to weight less. I've gotten off my diet a little, need to be a little more strict.

Once AF starts, time goes quickly. That waiting from last provera to AF is hell. But after that things speed up a little. After having such crazy long cycles, my patience has improved haha. This cycle will be half as long as my last one haha.

That's good, it's good to keep busy. Exciting about a new car!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->