Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

https://m.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=11748977

How crazy is this?! Even more crazy that they only BD'd once haha.

That's good. Hopefully the side effects aren't too bad. I've read that some women find they have different side effects each cycle even on the same dose.

That's awesome about the weight loss. I've put on a bit of weight this year too. Were you on the pill before when you had a lower BMI? I was and found most of my PCOS symptoms were minimal and my weight was lower. I'm not overweight now but like you I'd like to weight less. I've gotten off my diet a little, need to be a little more strict.

Once AF starts, time goes quickly. That waiting from last provera to AF is hell. But after that things speed up a little. After having such crazy long cycles, my patience has improved haha. This cycle will be half as long as my last one haha.

That's good, it's good to keep busy. Exciting about a new car!

I was around 20 when I had the lower BMI. When I started BC last year I already started picking up weight, and the pill didnt make any difference to me except for stopping me from getting pregnant. I still believe it was BC that made me like this...

https://m.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=11748977

How crazy is this?! Even more crazy that they only BD'd once haha.

This actually gives me some hope :happydance: but it is insane... Who knew sperm can stay alive that long :0

Just started CD1 today and I'll be seeing the doc on Friday--Had a fairly normal cycle last month, had all symptoms, but don't think I ovulated. I think he will be prescribing Clomid since we discussed that before. Can anyone explain to me how fertility friend app works? I'm about to order my BBT thermometer and ovulation strips.

Also, opinions ladies, which ovulation tests work best?

Also, opinions ladies, which ovulation tests work best?

Hi ginabina!

I saw you are going to take Clomid. Are you being monitored through your cycle or no? I am doing a monitored Clomid/Ovidrel cycle and don't need OPKs or temping because it takes the guess work out of it (and would be misleading anyway with the medication).

Anyway, to answer your question, I buy the Wondfo OPKs and HPTs off Amazon. They're cheap so I don't feel bad going through a lot.

Haha crazy hey Nita. I can't believe if they were on injectables that they'd only BD once. If this is your chance, you make the most of it haha. Lucky them. In terms of the pill, lots of people seem to have had problems with it. So many doctors just push it. I really liked being on the pill though, it worked really well for my PCOS. My cycles were crazy before I went on it so I don't have the pill to blame for that. But I was definitely much lighter on the pill than off.

Gina, welcome. I can't help you with ovulation tests because I don't live in the States (I'm not sure if any/many of us do in this thread). Fertility Friend is the best app for tracking things. It isn't very pretty but it's much smarter than other apps. Temping involves taking your temperature as soon as you wake up. You aren't meant to move, walk around, drink, eat or talk before. You need at least 3 hours sleep before you temp and you should take it at about the same time every morning. You can start whenever in your cycle, just make sure you put in the correct CD for the temp. Fertility Friend has lots of little facts and also there on little course that you can do to learn more. If you can, I'd definitely recommend reading Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. Good luck.

Hello Gina, welcome to the thread. In my opinion the one OPK is as good as the next. I will be using the clearblu OPKs this month, and I am tempting just for fun, i am not reading too much in my tempts as they seem a little crazy. Id say the best way to confirm O is to do a 21 day bloodtest. I did not O on 50mg fertomid (generic for clomid) so this month I am trying 100mg clomid. Goodluck in your cycle.

Also Fertility Friend is really nice app to keep track of your cycle. I also recently started using it.

My goodness, after travel, moving, unpacking and returning to work I can thorougly say that I am EXHAUSTED. So much so that I have developed a cold :( Left work early today because I'm feeling so miserable. I know I'm in the TWW, but I don't know how many dpo I am or even what cycle day I'm on. Its early days for the TWW I can say that much. We only managed to BD twice this cycle, but whatever. I can't get hung up on that. Doing it 5-6 days in a row and twice a day on occasion has done nothing for us this past year, so I guess we're trying the "less is more" approach this cycle. I'm feeling so run down and wore out that I don't really have high hopes for this month. Luckily I'm so busy that I feel pretty indifferent to it all.

DH was finally able to "get er done" (3rd times a charm!) and dropped off his sample this morning. He made it to the lab in the knick of time - at the one hour mark! The lab tech said they'd get back to him with the results in a couple of days. Anxiously waiting!

I ate my words and have continued temping this cycle. Temps are consistently higher than ever before - wondering if clomid can cause that during the luteal phase?

Belle- Sounds like a rough cycle but at least you aren't too torn up about it. Hope you are feeling better soon and can get some much needed rest & relaxation!

Joy- Yay, glad you were able to get that SA done! Hope he has good results!

I don't know if Clomid causes temp changes...I don't temp, but I'm sure there are some experts that could chime in!

Belle,I hope you feel more yourself soon cause you sound miserably sick. Take good care of yourself!

Ask,glad dh did what needs doing...finally! GL with the results! Your temps are looking really good

HI everyone!! I'm new to here but i am on my first cycle of Clomid 50mg Days 3-7 AF arrived on 11/14/16:happydance: w/ the help of Provera today is my first day of the clomid i'm not sure what to expect but i'm praying for lots of baby dust my way and that this first cycle will be a success.
Anyone on here can give me in site on their clomid journey days 3-7 1st cycle of clomid and what i could expect?:baby:

HI everyone!! I'm new to here but i am on my first cycle of Clomid 50mg Days 3-7 AF arrived on 11/14/16:happydance: w/ the help of Provera today is my first day of the clomid i'm not sure what to expect but i'm praying for lots of baby dust my way and that this first cycle will be a success.
Anyone on here can give me in site on their clomid journey days 3-7 1st cycle of clomid and what i could expect?:baby:

Hi Mommy91- welcome! I am on my second cycle of Clomid CD3-7. Everyone reacts so differently to it, so it is hard to tell you what to expect! For me I have had some mild cramping and bloating. I also did the Ovidrel trigger, which seems to cause more bloating during/after ovulation. I seem to be more forgetful and more hungry, lol.

Are you doing a monitored cycle or just Clomid?

Good luck!

@ 2much I am doing a monitored cycle i believe...:/ really they only have me coming in for blood work on the 21st day and on the 25th day i have a follow-up appointment. so maybe its 1/2 and 1/2 not quite sure

Oh no Belle, it sounds like you're really run down. You poor thing :( I'm glad you're taking some time to rest now. There's nothing more than can be done and who knows, maybe this will just be the lucky cycle. Good thing you didn't start femara now. Feel better soon.

Ask, I did the same and kept temping. Your temps have spiked right up. When will you test? Yay DH got his test done. Good luck for the results.

Mommy, welcome. You're unmonitored, same as me. They're just checking to see if that dose of Clomid was high enough. I took 50mg CD 4-8 but didn't ovulate. My only side effects were a headache one afternoon and hot flushes for a few days after my last tablet. This cycle I took 100mg on CD3-7 and had headaches and nausea on CD 4. About CD 7-8 I got hot flushes and just felt really impatient, annoyed and everything bothered me. But then I had niggly ovary pains CD 8-16. I ovulated on Saturday and now in the TWW. Everyone is different and even different cycles cause different side effects.

Oh Belle, take care.. Lucky for me I got a little better before travelling, but still pretty exhausted. We had a 2h nap yesterday between 5-7 pm, which isn't common for us. I slept on the 3h plane ride, so wasn't that tired even though we were up at 4:30..

Since I'm in China (Hong Kong) I have been playing with the idea of getting chines herbes for fertility here.. But didn't want to ask my local friends here (they are getting married on Friday).. I guess Google will be my friend ;) and they speak pretty good English here. The only little issue would be if my husband will be OK paying as he is handling the money this time (he brought euros to convert, using my atm card will get expensive..)

Anyway, welcome all new people! I am only on my phone so having some difficulties, will have a better read through when I'm back on Sunday :)

Babydust to all of us!! :)

Morning ladies. Had a terrible nights sleep and both DH and I woke up with upset tummies this morning. Still getting the headaches (which I now believe is from the Clomid) and I still have that little last bit of AF around:witch: :haha: As for my temps...took it this morning at the time I took my others, and it seems to be in line, I have discarded the 2 that I took earlier in the mornings.

Belle - hope you get some rest and maybe your less is more approach might just work for you :hugs:

Ask - so happy DH finally got the SA done - hope the results will be positive.

Mommy - Welcome to the thread. I am on Clomid from day 5 - 9 and my first cycle on Fertomid (generic Clomid) 50mg did not make me O. I am on to my second cycle of 100mg Clomid. We are almost cycle buddies, I an on CD6 and day 3 of Clomid. And I am also doing the 21 day blood test.

Sarah - Goodluck with the bloodtest today - I am sure it will be positive results.

Norelisa - have fun in China - hope you get some magical herbs.

:dust:

Nita, it isn't a good idea to mix herbs with Clomid. Do one or the other. But if you can get them and hold on to them until a later day that might be worth it. Hopefully you'll be able to talk your husband into it! I'm feeling pretty tired too. Yawning all day and the past few nights I've been going to bed before 8. My boobs aren't really sore or anything so I'm not getting my hopes up. But if I overlay my current chart and my BFP chart they're almost identical. Just have to be patient.

Norelisa, that definitely sounds like Clomid causing those side effects. I hope you feel better soon. Your chart looks a lot less crazy without those earlier temps. Thanks I'm sure my blood test results will show ovulation too. I should be able to get the results tomorrow.

Have any of you ladies had the AMH test done? My doctor ordered it and said to just do it before I come back to see him. I'm hoping I'll be pregnant and won't need to go back until we are TTC #2! The test costs $75 and with PCOS I know I should have good egg reserves.

Sarah - have never heard of a AMH test :nope: think I might go google and see what its about.

Just out of interest - what did your Doctors tell you about BD around O and on Clomid. One person says BD every day, others say every 2 days :dohh: Mine said day 9 - 12 no BD and day 13 - 15 every day (assuming I would O on day 14). DH works 14 hours a day and when he gets home at night he is usually very tired, I cannot get it over me to make him do it every day. He can handle every other day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->