Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

AMH test basically tells you what your egg reserves are like. If they're low, then you'll need more invasive treatment sooner.

My doctor said "three times a week but not all of them on a Sunday morning). We BD once a day during my fertile window. We might skip 1 day but try every day. I found a study that said if you BD every day in your fertile window you've got a 37% chance. If you BD 2-4 times you've got a 30%. If you BD 1-2 times, you've got a 10% chance.

OMG I guess then we would have the 30% chance then if O does occur. :nope: My doctor also said DH should stop cycling for the time, but this morning he told me screw that, we wants us to go cycling again this weekend. I really dont think cycling 15KM once a week would make that much of a difference.

My DH cycles most days. His SA was fine so he hasn't made any radical lifestyle changes. He was drinking a little less but this month seems to have gone out the window. Every little bit helps but it's not worth upsetting them over something so minor. Like there's benefit to sperm when you're fit and active too.

When I read that I was excited because we BD'd every day of my fertile window. I'm feeling positive with a 37% chance. I think we've done all we can. Even if you can convince your DH to keep up his stamina just for a week or so so you have the best chance at catching the egg. My DH would go every day of the month if I was up for it. Ive been really tired the last few nights and already asleep when DH came to bed.

I'm feeling like I might not have a chance this cycle because my boobs/nipples don't hurt at all. On my BFP cycle they hurt a lot. I am tired but not exhausted. My lower back is sore, but it's been sore since the day before O. I've had sticky CM. I've had a few twitches and cramps in my ovaries. My chart is almost identical to my BFP cycle but I had nausea, sore boobs and sensitive nipples, fatigue, waking in the night and needing to go to the toilet often. I know it's early days...

hee hee guess I just want the best chance. DH have not done a SA yet, My doctor didnt think it's necessary because for now we know the problem is with me and Oíng. If however I do O on Clomid and I dont get the BFP after 3 months then DH need to do the SA.

It is still very early days :hugs: just give it a few days time.

Oh my doctor ordered the SA straight away. He just wanted to do all the preliminary tests. He said if I'm ovulating but not BFP in 3 months we will do the HSG. He didn't think I had any reason for having blocked tubes.

If you don't know what your DH's swimmers are like I'd say go every second day. That's usually the recommendation and definitely the recommendation for a poor sperm analysis. If your DH has low count, it could be more detrimental going every day vs every other day.

I know, I've read that you shouldn't really get symptoms until you've implanted so it is early days. I'm planning to spend the weekend cleaning the oven and the fridge because if I do get a BFP I know I'll feel like rubbish first trimester and those jobs will be the last thing I feel like haha.

Weird how each doctor and each site on google says something else :wacko: maybe my doctor didnt think about the SA because we are both still young... :dohh: I am trying to stop myself from googling things fertility wise.. it only upsets me and make me think there is wrong with me. :shrug:

Nita2806-I wonder whats the different between days 5-9 and days 3-7 I really hope i O on my 1st cycle of clomid cause the higher dosage the more likely hood of multiples right? lol but i'm open to more than one ill love my babies endless

Saraha2211- YESS we are almost cd buddies!!! so we are going thru this together with the rest of my sisters on here .. But THANKS A LOT for the insight on what I may experiance

Nita2806-I wonder whats the different between days 5-9 and days 3-7 I really hope i O on my 1st cycle of clomid cause the higher dosage the more likely hood of multiples right? lol but i'm open to more than one ill love my babies endless

Saraha2211- YESS we are almost cd buddies!!! so we are going thru this together with the rest of my sisters on here .. But THANKS A LOT for the insight on what I may experiance

I honnestly dont have an idea why some takes clomid from day 3, 4 or 5. But my doc said from day 5 and this month i decided on CD4 since i had a lot of spotting before AF this month and a bit unsure which of the 2 days was CD1 :haha: goodluck on your first cycle, there is a lot of women that do O on the first month on 50mg. Unfortunately I didnt.

Already taking clomid for a 3rd day :winkwink: time goes by so fast. :hugs:

Yeah, our RE told us to bd the two days after positive opk..

I don't know how the bad quality swimmers affect how often we should bd. No problem of the quantity though:)

So I noticed the following wrt to clomid :

I got sinus infection on second day of clomid. And sinus pain / possible sinus infection on 5 dpo. Both times. Coincidence? I guess I'll see how next cycle will go as I'm not planning to use clomid then..

Good night from Hong Kong :)

Nita2806 -thank you! today marks my 2nd day on clomid. And i believe when you say the time goes by fast i'm already seeing it! sending BD your way!!!!

Nita & Sarah- my DH also cycles (mountain biking) which is pretty rough on the body...not to mention tight padded shorts that get hot lol. No SA issues so I don't want to restrict him at all. But we did all the preliminary testing before doing medicated/monitored cycles.

Mommy91- yes twins are "more likely" I think around 10%- but there are plenty of us who have done cycles with no BFP at all, so it's really tough to say.

2much, i know what you mean with the tight padded shorts:haha: we also mountain bike, i think this cycle we need to concentrate on me Oing, and I have read that enough exercise and healthy eating can possibly make the Clomid work a bit better. So we are definately going to start cycling again and hopefully the excercise helps me.:happydance:

Regarding twins, i think i might have a chance getting pregnant with twins, as theres twins in the family :nope:

Af have finally left me, after 7 days XD

Nita, I don't think there's any harm in asking for your DH to do a SA. It would definitely give you piece of mind. It was nice for us to know we were dealing with just 1 issue. I googled the twins thing from Clomid and it doesn't seem to be related to genetic reasons for twins. The twins produced from Clomid aren't identical and are the ovary being over stimulated and creating more than 1 egg. But I'd imagine it would probably increase your chances of twins if you had both genetic and Clomid factors involved.

Mommy, exciting :). I think the 3-7 vs 5-9 is just doctors preference. I've read that earlier you take it the more likely you are to have more than 1 follicle. The later you take it the more likely you are to have 1 good quality follicle. High doses are definitely more likely to cause multiples. But the chances are around 10% for twins. My DH is super excited for twins haha.

Norelisa I got my positive OPK the day I ovulated! We start BDing when I get more fertile CM. Strange about the sinus infection, I hope you don't need another cycle to see if it happens again! I hope you're having a nice holiday. Are you still temping while you're away?

2much, haha same thinking about the biking. My DH bikes to work most days which is a good 20km. I didn't want to have an argument about that when his SA is fine.

I need to catch up on posts but just wanted to update quickly. FF changed my O date based on my temp pattern. I have it on advanced setting. Research setting puts it 2 days earlier which is when I thought it was. FAM puts it on cd19. Not very helpful.

Temp still high. BFN this morning on Walmart cheapie. Blah. Had a tiny bit of bright red spotting this afternoon when I checked but now nothing.

Will reply to other posts when I'm home and have time to read!

Welcome mommy and Gina!

Funny you are all discussing bike riding. I've been asking DH to lay off the bicycling while ttc, or at least until we get his SA results back. He called his doctor today and they haven't gotten the results yet. How long did it take you all to get your DH's SA results?

Nita - my doc didn't say anything about a bd schedule but DH's doc told him every other day during my fertile window.

Hey there, just wanted to comment that my DH is also a cyclist (like bikes to work every day, bikes everywhere, bikes for fun). He's constantly cycling and has done so for years. His SA came back with all really good numbers and counts, so obviously bike riding isn't having a negative effect on him. I read a study on people who cycle on average 15 km a day and they found that their SAs were all completely normal. I wouldn't worry too much about cyclings effect on SA!

I'm sorry Joy. It looks like your O date is a bit difficult to determine. FX for you.

Belle, that's interested about that study. Good to know :)

I got my progesterone levels back, 66! Which confirms ovulation. My other cycles were between 1-3.

Welcome mommy and Gina!

Funny you are all discussing bike riding. I've been asking DH to lay off the bicycling while ttc, or at least until we get his SA results back. He called his doctor today and they haven't gotten the results yet. How long did it take you all to get your DH's SA results?

Nita - my doc didn't say anything about a bd schedule but DH's doc told him every other day during my fertile window.

We got it back the same day actually we could have gotten it 2.5 h after, but he couldn't stay that long so I called in the afternoon to get the results. We went to Samtivej hospital in Bangkok, they have all the facilities there..

This stupid sinus thing, constant pain and headache :(

Yes, still temping, the time difference from Bangkok is only 1 h, so I think it should be OK. Though I've been up since 4 am with headache and sinus pain. I don't know what to do, if I should try to get antibiotics or "ride it out", knowing we have a wedding tonight. I've checked before with my Dr, some antibiotics aren't harmful if pregnant, so I might go that way again..

My husband is not cycling, he likes it, but we've only cycled twice in the past 12 months ;)

Ask - FX its not AF starting.

Sarah - glad you got your blood test results and it confirms O :happydance:

Norelisa - sorry about tge sinus infection again. Isnt there some over the counter meds you can get, instead of antibiotics? I am not sure whether its safe if you are preg or not though. I am sure a local pharmacy will know.

My Clomid side effects are getting a bit worse today, headaches getting worse and last night I felt dizzy. :nope:

And also glad to hear positive things about cycling, i feel now relaxed about it and cant wait to get back out there.

https://thespinoff.co.nz/parenting/...it-feels-like-to-not-be-able-to-get-pregnant/

Sad article but so true.

Nita, thanks. I'm excited that I O'd. The TWW feels like it's taking for ever. Sorry you're having a rough time with Clomid today. I had one rough day and then felt much better. Hopefully you'll be the same

Norelisa, our charts post O are looking similar. How are you feeling today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->