Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Hi girls! Sorry, it's been forever since I posted on this thread. To be honest etc was getting a bit on top of me and I needed a break! I know this isn't the place for announcements so I'm sorry in advance if this upsets anyone, but we got our bfp about a month ago. I just wanted to tell you all that I was Oing on clomid so late!! I realised it on cycle 3 this time around and as soon as I realised it all added up! The first time we tried clomid (4 years ago) I kept being told me the doctor that I hadn't I'd but they were testing me on day 21 and I wasn't ov till day 30-35! I kept thinking it wasn't working but I happened to get ov pains around day 31 this last cycle I had, tested and a proper dark opk. We dtd and bam, bfp. I just wanted to let you all know in case it the same for anyone else, didn't want you to think it wasn't working! Good luck and baby dust for you all ��

Merry Christmas everyone. Today has been extremely tough. DH got into a big fuss with his kids mom about getting them for the holidays. Just wasn't a good day at all

Sorry to hear, Love. I know how challenging that can be. My DH's ex told us last minute she wanted us to keep them Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day (she was supposed to have them Christmas Day). We were happy to have them but had to scramble to buy extra gifts so they could participate in the white elephant gift exchange that my side of the family does. She's a real piece of work and it takes a lot of energy trying to not let her upset me! When we got engaged she emailed me and said "Congratulations on your pregnancy" and told her sons that we were getting married because I was pregnant. Well...she made herself look like a fool because that was 10 months ago and there's clearly no baby!

So AF decided to show up, after 3 days of spotting and 10 days after my last provera. I had some red spotting yesterday, so i will count yesterday as CD1 and this month i will do Clomid 4-8

I was kind of expecting AF today too, with my huge temp drop yesterday, but she decided to wait it out..

We went to a chinese med hospital today, haha, the first thing the receptionist said when we had our blood pressure taken was that my hubby needed to do more sports and that I was fine, hahaha :) Then we saw the dr who felt our pulses and looked at our tongues.. For hubby she strongly recommended to take folic acid and zinc + herbs, I was like, hmmm.. I have been trying to give him folic acid but he usually refused.. haha.. Anyway.. he was also told to drink more water, and cut down on tea (coffee and alcohol, too, but at the office he drinks a lot of tea).

I was told to continue temping, and maybe start acupuncture for my period pain, and I got herbs as well for sleeping better + for my uterus. I need to cut down on "sugar and oil" based on my tongue. She also told me: - no fresh vegetables - need to be boiled. No papaya (its ok, I'm not a big fan), no spinach (first she said, no spanish, we did not understand!!), and then no pumpkin. I will go back in a weeks time, and then see the acupuncturist too. I'm currently 11 DPO with a small bit of spotting for the past week or so.. no spotting yesterday when the temp dropped, but the temp went up a bit again this morning.. Expecting AF tonight / tomorrow..

Norelisa, i can just imagine that you had good time at the hospital. Sounds like they know their story. A friend of mine (who is a qualified masseuse) told me that I too must consider going for accupunture. With my fear of needles, I said no :haha: but she also told me it could help when you are TTC, so I think if you can do it definately do it.

AF have been really painful today :nope: I hate these long cycles. I suppose I should not be sad about having a thick lining, but does it really have to hurt so bad :dohh:

Oh BTW Sarah, if you see this :) can't you make us a "clomid baby" thread that we can join when bfp for us too? :))

I've been doing acupuncture since September and absolutely love it. It helps me feel so relaxed and at peace. My AF is no longer painful and my cycles have consistently gotten longer and AF heavier (a good thing for me, cycles were only 25 days before and af would only last 2 days before acupuncture). Since starting the Chinese herbs my mood has improved, WAY less PMS symptoms and signs of a stronger O including O cramping and O spotting which I've never had before. My spotting before AF has also reduced and is now just tan cm a couple days before where it used to be full in spotting for a couple days before.

I definitely think acupuncture has helped make my cycle healthier. I'm looking forward to combining these results with femara towards the end of January.

Oh wow, Belle, maybe i should suck it up and get over my fear and try accupuncture. Poor DH, this cycle I had PMS for a few days, we were constantly fighting and with the spotting I had some cramps which made my mood even worse. Tonight my father in law also started fighting with me, and I just thought to myself, he chose the worst possible day, I had insane cramps today. However, af was very clothy last month, but this month no cloths whatsoever, which I believe is good. Any way with the 45+ day cycles Af have been really bad, and maybe accupuncture will help. I am just sooo scared of the needles.

I'm sorry Nita, PMS is definitely the worst! I try to explain to DH that its like my temper is like a string, and normally the string is a full meter long so i can tolerate quite a bit before getting upset. However, when PMSing that string gets cut down to a fraction of the size LOL. Since acupuncture I have definitely felt less irritable/angry, although I still get weepy/teary sometimes before AF.

I had one acupuncturist where I didn't feel the needles going in at all (like AT ALL). The current acupuncturist I go to you can feel a bit of a pinch when the needles are first placed (some places pinch more than others, and some I don't feel at all). The pinch isn't bad at all, try pinching a small area of skin with your nails and thats about how painful it is. That pinch only lasts a fraction of a second and then its gone and then you don't feel it at all. Sometimes I'll get a pleasant tingly sensation when the needles are all placed that will stick around for awhile. The needles stay in for half an hour. During that time sometimes I'll sleep, and other times I'll let my mind drift. Sometimes I'll meditate and just focus on my breath and imagining that a healing energy is flowing through my body. I know it sounds silly, but its been a really positive experience for me.

AFM, I'm on CD 3 with AF, been trying to book an appointment for my MMR vaccine but can't get through (lines are all full and so I get a message to call back later). If I can't get in I'm thinking I might not worry about getting the MMR vaccine at all right now and just TTC naturally for one more month (and start femara next cycle). I know its a bit of a risk to not get vaccinated (especially since I work with children). But I've looked at the outbreak information and in 2016 there were only 11 cases of measles across canada and 1 case of rubella. So I think my risk of contraction is actually quite low. I know the results if I contracted the infection while pregnant could be devastating. I'll keep trying today to get in, but If I can't I think we'll just keep TTC for the next 4 cycles and I'll try to get the vaccine again before going on to IUI. We all try our best I guess

Thanks for explaining the accupuncture. I will talk to my friend and ask if she will go with me. I think DH knows when I have PMS and he doesnt seem to bothered, when I lose it a little, he seem to as well, so we both get it, LOL.

I think its really important to get the vacine, I think you shoukd try and get it as soon as possible. My first blood test I test before I was allowed Clomid was to check my blood type and to make sure I had my vacine, luckily mine is still good.

Well I've certainly been trying to get an appointment for my mmr booster. I've been calling every 5-10 minutes for the past 2 hours and can't get through. I don't think a person can try much harder than that. I more just mean if I can't get through and get an appointment then I'm not going to worry about it. I've tried my best and the risks of contraction are low.

Belle, sorry you are strugling so much to get through, I can only imagine the frustration. But like you said, cant try much harder than you are. Really do hope you get through soon. XXX

I just read an advertisement that CB has a new early detection HPT, can pick up your pregnant 6 days before AF is due :wacko: suppose it will be an expensive test:haha: but apparently its new (maybe just new here, not sure) if I ever O I might invest in one of those...thought I would share the info with you ladies :)

That's pretty early to be able to find out! Hope you O this cycle and will get to try it out! Are you going ahead with ovarian drilling??

I've read many women who are clomid resistant respond well to femara, maybe just need to switch up the meds??

I am not sure yet what I am going to do. Will see what happens this cycle with the higher dose Clomid, but even my doctor said, if I didnt respond to 100mg, there really isnt a chance I will on 150mg, but atleast we tried the full 3 months, and atleast Clomid isnt thinning my lining. After my 21 day bloodtest in 3 weeks I will go and see my doctor again and discuss my options. I am trying not to think about it too much, or atleast until the end of the holidays. But i guess when the time comes to decide, i will know what to do. At this stage I will do anything to get back to 30 day cycles, these long cycles are killing me, and its frustrating as hell.

Norelisa, haha I definitely need to make a Clomid BFPs thread! I miss all you guys! The first trimester board is boring compared to here haha. I'm still reading and keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

Just an update for me, beta at 12DPO was 64 and at 16 DPO it was 320, which is great according to the nurse. The fertility clinic have discharged me and told me to find a midwife. No major morning sickness, just tired and my boobs are massive!

I've been doing acupuncture since September and absolutely love it. It helps me feel so relaxed and at peace. My AF is no longer painful and my cycles have consistently gotten longer and AF heavier (a good thing for me, cycles were only 25 days before and af would only last 2 days before acupuncture). Since starting the Chinese herbs my mood has improved, WAY less PMS symptoms and signs of a stronger O including O cramping and O spotting which I've never had before. My spotting before AF has also reduced and is now just tan cm a couple days before where it used to be full in spotting for a couple days before.

I definitely think acupuncture has helped make my cycle healthier. I'm looking forward to combining these results with femara towards the end of January.

So. The herbs taste like... ehm-- I rather not try to explain in too much detail.. but I doubt I will be able to continue with it, haha.. I tried gulping down some last night and this morning, but oh my cat, that is some pretty awful tasting stuff I got! I mean, wait.. I'll add a picture of the mixture before brewing! It tastes a little bit like earth and stone with a nice little aftertaste of :sick::sick: ... :saywhat:](*,)

Attachments

• _20161228_182144.jpg
    _20161228_182144.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 4
Norelisa, haha I definitely need to make a Clomid BFPs thread! I miss all you guys! The first trimester board is boring compared to here haha. I'm still reading and keeping my fingers crossed for you all.

Just an update for me, beta at 12DPO was 64 and at 16 DPO it was 320, which is great according to the nurse. The fertility clinic have discharged me and told me to find a midwife. No major morning sickness, just tired and my boobs are massive!

Yay Sarah! I agree...the 1st trimester board is pretty slow.

Have you had any ultrasounds yet?

Sorry to hear the first tri boards are boring ladies! But that being said this is still a TTC board and there may be some people here who are sensitive to too much pregnancy talk. Let's keep this a safe place for those people, as we all know we get bombarded by unwanted pregnancy announcements and updates in our personal lives as it is.

Glad to hear things are going well!

Sorry the herbs were disgusting lol. I took the herbs in pill form so it was much more tolerable!

Sorry to hear the first tri boards are boring ladies! But that being said this is still a TTC board and there may be some people here who are sensitive to too much pregnancy talk. Let's keep this a safe place for those people, as we all know we get bombarded by unwanted pregnancy announcements and updates in our personal lives as it is.

Glad to hear things are going well!

Sorry the herbs were disgusting lol. I took the herbs in pill form so it was much more tolerable!

Oh lucky you!! I'll ask if that exists here, but highly doubt it, at least at the Chinese medicine hospital.. I have to drink a glass twice a day, but now I'm getting nausea just thinking about it.. Well, right now it's being brewed, all smelly and the results looks like mud water...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->