Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Belle - I'm sorry to hear about the insensitive remarks! People who never had to try more than 6 months just don't get it and don't get how we feel. My cousin's wife who has 3 children (1,4 and 6) made a comment that she doesn't want more because she doesn't want to pose a risk to the baby's health given her age (she's 34 like me)! She wasn't saying it directly to me and I don't think she realized how offensive that was. I quickly chimed in saying, "well, I'm taking the risk!!!" I could tell she felt bad. I was also very hungover yesterday and got my +opk. No more alcohol this cycle!

Earth - have you been bleeding for 13 days? Have you tried calling your doc?

Hi all, mind if I join?

I'm on my first cycle of clomid 50mg this month, days 5-9. My last dose was last night and DH and I started dtd today.

I do ovulate on my own but irregularly. I've been diagnosed with PCOS but all lab work came back within normal limits so I am doubtful of PCOS but don't know why I ovulate irregularly.

I unfortunately have the dreaded 'dryness' side effect from Clomid and a couple mild headaches but not much else in terms of side effects. Unfortunately we needed pre-seed to help with the dryness.

My biggest fear at this point is too early ovulation. I've been getting left sided cramping today and my cervix is SHOW, so I'm worried I ovulated really early and we are out already. Anyone else have the issue of ovulating one day after stopping clomid?

Hi all, mind if I join?

I'm on my first cycle of clomid 50mg this month, days 5-9. My last dose was last night and DH and I started dtd today.

I do ovulate on my own but irregularly. I've been diagnosed with PCOS but all lab work came back within normal limits so I am doubtful of PCOS but don't know why I ovulate irregularly.

I unfortunately have the dreaded 'dryness' side effect from Clomid and a couple mild headaches but not much else in terms of side effects. Unfortunately we needed pre-seed to help with the dryness.

My biggest fear at this point is too early ovulation. I've been getting left sided cramping today and my cervix is SHOW, so I'm worried I ovulated really early and we are out already. Anyone else have the issue of ovulating one day after stopping clomid?

If your bw shows no PCOS, then its doubtful you have it. Some smuck RE tried to say i have it but after correct bw, i do not. I was even put on met and didnt even need it!

You wont O that soon after clomid, it takes about 5-10days after ( give or take).

Thanks Earth and in Heaven. I was put on metformin as well (am still on it) despite thinking it isn't necessary. My ob/gyn and midwife both suggested I stay on it (though no sign of insulin resistance) because it supposedly helps lower miscarriage rates in people with PCOS ... though I don't think I have PCOS. I'll do anything if it helps lower that possibility!

Hello MEpride. Seems like we are cycle buddies - I just finished my last Clomids last night as well. Don't worry about Oing too soon, you will O 5 - 10 days after your last Clomid.

Belle & Ask - If I had a penny for each time someone said, just stop trying and it will happen, or use OPKs they really help. Luckily I had none of that during the holidays, just my father in law going crazy about how we should babyproof our house for the baby - and I am like "WHAT BABY"?:dohh:

I am so glad I am done with Clomid this cycle - I had a really tough time this cycle on Clomid, lots of side effects. Luckily its my last month just to confirm that I am Clomid resistant. Ill be waiting to do the 21day Blood test and then I can go see my doctor again.

Just adding to my previous list;

For her:
-avoid eating peas as they are known to be used for contraception. I think there is another food like this too, but can't remember which. Could it be spinach? At least I know my Chinese Medicine Dr told me to avoid spinach, and I've heard it isn't good for us ttc. Haha, I have been eating a lot up until now as I read that its good for us to eat "green leafy stuff". haha :)

Luckily most family is far away from us.. phew.. However, a rough start of the day when a friend of my hubbys brother showed up at the door this morning, so didn't get to take my temp. He will be staying with his Thai lady friend he met last year when brother in law and him came to visit. At least for a couple of nights. And since I soon will be in the o-phase, hubby wants me to join their trips, which is kinda nice but a bit stressful. Seems like we will be going to Yangon (Burma) next Monday, and then Siem Reap (Cambodia) the following weekend. I am a bit bummed because we had been invited to a dinner the weekend of Siem Reap, so we'll see.. First I need to get my visa approved for Burma (Myanmar)... It's easier in Cambodia.. ah well :) I guess I can't complain :) Just got up too early this morning and spent the time with two french guys, haha... :)

Thanks Joy and Nita, I'm just glad I made it through the holidays in one piece!

Well lots of ewcm today, so definitely fertile.

Norelisa I had read that about peas as well!

Jump starting my cycle with Soy. I had a cycle back in June where AF dragged on like this and I jump started my cycle with 5mg FE. #GottaDoWhatYouGottaDo

Good luck with the soy, Earth!

Happy BDing Belle!

FX for you this cycle, Nita!

Norelisa - I didn't know that about peas! You're full of fun facts! ;)

I haven't seen a temp shift since my +opk on Sunday but I've been very inconsistent with temping this cycle. We've BDed for the last 5 days in a row...hope we've covered our bases because I'm spent! Lol

Just came out of the Chinese hospital, it's ok to use honey in my herb brew so will give it one more try.

Also tried acupuncture. I got like 8-10 in the belly and a few on the legs (due to digestive issues?) . It was not painful, though I could feel it some places in the belly. After about 15 min a lady popped in and put some cardboard stuff around the needles + some clamps and some wine cork thing on top of the needles. Then she lit the cork and I stayed for another 20 min.. Is this normal procedure? I'll go back twice a week, hopefully won't be too messed up with us travelling here and there for the next few weeks..

Norelisa, the travelling sounds amazing, there is not a lot of people who get that oppertunity, and maybe, who knows, it might be exactly what you need to get pregnant.:thumbup:

Thanks Ask, but there really is no hope for me this cycle, and I told DH I dont want to take anymore drugs...then I remembered I have no choice :haha: I hope you get lucky this cycle, seems like you BDed enough :winkwink:

On Earth 13 days of AF is really not normal :nope: I hope everything is OK and AF stopped for you?

We had a terrible night last night, had a power failure around 10PM which is OK, but I am afraid of the dark LOL and then we got a few storms with flash floods and the roof started leaking and when I finally fell asleep around 4am I overslept. Also trying out a new diet from today so the tiredness is really not helping much with eating healthy. We don't even know when the power will be back (since the municipality dont pick up their phones) so tonight we will most likely just grab some take aways for dinner.

Hey all I'm back.

I left for some time to clear my head and get ready for round two.

I was so worried my second round wasn't going to work, but good news is, it did.

My DH tried to do the BD about 3 days early, and I just couldn't. So we waited and I'm so glad we did. I'm on 4dpo now, and we were able to do the BD on the first day I got the positive OPK and the last day.

There are already major differences this month than last. My breasts were sore all last month, my cervix was high and firm almost all of last time, and I had EWCM multiple days after O.

This month, nothing is sore yet, my cervix has stayed super high, med/closed, and so soft. Also I've had loads of fertile cm since O. Just not anything EW.

This is my second to last round before going back to my OBGYN.

Congrats to those that got their BFP, I hope I get to join in the celebration.

Hugs to those that are on AF or apart of another 2ww. I'm here with you.

Lots of Love! <3

Nita, nope. Still going.

Someone told me to double my ovidrel because I'm overweight...I thought that was weird and thanked her but don't think that sounds right!

Nita, nope. Still going.

Someone told me to double my ovidrel because I'm overweight...I thought that was weird and thanked her but don't think that sounds right!

Have you tried Chinese medicine? It might be worth a shot. I was surprised how much the Dr could tell from feeling my wrist and looking at my tongue!! :)

I'll give the herbs a go, with tons of honey I should be able to down it.. Also, I found it easier to pour it into a bottle - easier than from a glass or cup..

Otherwise just emailed about scheduling in iui next cycle, I doubt I'll get pregnant this cycle. Also checking combination of acupuncture and iui and potentially herbs, but don't want to mix herbs + clomid. I think. Not sure about acupuncture though?

I can say that TCM, herbs and acupuncture have added two days to my FP... Which I definitely needed as was ovulating too early!

Nita, nope. Still going.

Have you tried Chinese medicine? It might be worth a shot. I was surprised how much the Dr could tell from feeling my wrist and looking at my tongue!! :)

I'll give the herbs a go, with tons of honey I should be able to down it.. Also, I found it easier to pour it into a bottle - easier than from a glass or cup..

Otherwise just emailed about scheduling in iui next cycle, I doubt I'll get pregnant this cycle. Also checking combination of acupuncture and iui and potentially herbs, but don't want to mix herbs + clomid. I think. Not sure about acupuncture though?

I'm not sure honestly. Gl on the iui!

-----
I picked up some mint tea too and it has Rose Hips, which i also read is good for TTC.

I should have my next appointment with my doctor in about 2 weeks, and then I am definitely going to ask if herbs/accupuncture will work in my case. And if possible, I don't want to take any drugs for a month or 2..

My body also hates me, I am sure. Yesterday I had heaps of watery CM on CD10:growlmad: like my body want to give me hope that I might O. :dohh:

Nita its very possible that you will O with femara, might be worth it to give that a try in conjunction with acupuncture?

Either way, fertile cm is a good sign that you could O! So I will keep my FX for you!!

Nita its very possible that you will O with femara, might be worth it to give that a try in conjunction with acupuncture?

Either way, fertile cm is a good sign that you could O! So I will keep my FX for you!!

Thanks Belle, but I am not going to hope, I have had too many dissapointments already. If it happens then it will be great, but I wont keep my hopes up just to get dissapointed again. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->