Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

I can imagine provera would be pretty horrible to take. I also can't imagine having a 45 day cycle. The longest I ever get is 28 days (and thats the exception... I've had 2 that long out of 17 cycles). Even the cycle were I didn't ovulate last year I still got AF shortly after O failed. It was only a 17 day cycle... I guess my body is pretty no-nonsense about Oing. I'd be happy to send some of my early Oing luck your way if I could.

That said, it blows me away that even if you O every month it still doesn't happen. I wonder if lifestyle factors have resulted in our unexplained infertility. I read that even 4 poor lifestyle factors combined between the couple (poor sleep, diet, smoking, drinking, recreational drugs, too much caffeine, etc.) can make it 6-7 times likelier that you will ttc for longer than a year. For about 6 months when we first started TTC DH and I had about 9 of those factors combined LOL, I started behaving better in June, but we still probably had 4 combined (3 of which were DHs). We are both on the same page regarding lifestyle factors as of this cycle and have pretty much fixed everything. Now the hard part will be sticking to it. Its ridiculous it took DH this long to change his lifestyle and it makes me even more upset that I will likely have to use femara as a result. The dumb part is, is that I still don't think femara will work for us. Although my acupuncturist thinks it will be a good fit for me given my LP spotting and lighter lining. Its worth a try I guess.

Its strange, I wish for shorter cycles and you want longer cycles, if only there was a way that I could give some cycles days to you. I wouldnt mind the long cycles if I did O, the worst part for me is AF after a long cycle because of my thick lining, its very painful.

I think lifestyle choices do make a difference, according to my doctor smoking, tight underwear and cycling is the factors that influence male fertility the most. I think the lifestyle choices will make a difference for you. Maybe not right away, unfortunately it takes some time for certain things to leave your body, but I really do think in the long run that it will help, especially if DH can keep it up.

The one thing that makes me really angry, are women who uses drugs, smoking, being overweight, drink who have children by accident and one night stands...so many of my friends are single parents because they fell pregnant in high school, i feel like i did the right thing, i waited until I got married before having unprotected sex, and then to find out I cant get pregnant. I just feel like life is really unfair.. But nonetheless, we should not lose hope. (sorry for venting a little)

I agree, I work in pediatric mental health with kids who have been traumatized and abused. It makes me angry that so many people essentially throw away their kids, and I cant even seem to have 1.

I also feel like I did the right thing, I made it all the way through school (including a masters degree), got a well-paying meaningful job and waited till I was married before TTC. I mean when we started I was only 26. I wouldn't consider that old by any standards! I find it terrifying that I am now only a few months away from being 28 and we still haven't conceived. I never in a million years thought this would happen to me.

Life is just not fair Nita. My DH always reminds me that we all have our baggage to carry, and that if we had a choice we likely wouldn't switch our bag of problems for somebody else's.

I get it, I was 23 when we started, now i am almost 25, I know its still young but what if we try a few more years and nothing happens, its not like we are getting younger. I have this uncle who is married to this women, lives on ecstacy and simba chips (thats literally all, takes the drugs and eat chips when she is hungry), while being married to my uncle she had 4 children, with 4 different men. Everyone begged her just to tie her tubes so she cant have any more kids, worst is, all her kids are living with other people because she threw them away. Here we are, willing to do anything just to have 1 kid, and I can tell you this, we can give that kid all his/her hearts desires, and all the love in the world. Its really just not fair.

Nita, situations like that are so frustrating. If there is any consolation to this process it's that there are others out there who understand.

Thats why I joined this forum and this thread. Its really great to talk to others going through the same. I mean I could talk to DH about it as well, but its just not the same.

Just checked, I do still have some of the super stretchy CM, not as much as yesterday, but there still is some :D

Nita and Belle-I agree too...life is unfair...I felt I did the right thing too...school..then job...but I never imagined I will have fertility problem...
While I am struggling here to even just have one healthy baby, others can get pregnant from one night stand...I work with children too...working with them and not able to have one on my own yet just makes me very sad...
It's nice that we can chat with each other on this forum...since we understand the situation. A lot of my friends are posting their baby pictures on social media...I am happy for them...but sad for myself...
Sorry for the vent

Ok , I also heard clomid can help you conceive multiples , that would be amazing , is it true . Or is conceiving multiples strictly genetic?

Ele, one of the side effects of Clomid is multiples yes. There are other risks associated with Clomid like drying up CM, thinning your lining and there are some other high risks as well. Clomid are usually only recommended to use for only 3 months. If you think to use it, consult your doctor.

Darn , those other side effects don't sound very good . Maybe I can research natural ways to boost my chances

Ele, I would definately rather try natural ways, and if my situation if I could, I would. For me its horrible to take Clomid, I get headaches on it amd this last cycle I got dehidrated and had hot flushes for the few hours after I took them. Luckily for me, my lining dont thin on Clomid, but my CM is non existent.

Afm - to make sure I get some more excercise, while doing our monthly shopping today, instead of parking at the one side of the mall do our shopping that side, then drive to the other side and park, like we usually do, I suggested that we walk today and DH was keen on walking instead of driving. Also my CM have dried up again, the little bit that I have is creamy and dont stretch at all :( losing some hope again.

Also caved and did an OPK, it was as negative as it coukd be.

I feel your pain, ladies. I was always super careful and safe (though my friends were too)...went through undergrad and then got my masters. Had a few dead-end relationships and didn't meet DH until 32. Now I'm 34 and the dreaded 35 is right around the corner. All of my friends have 1-2 children (most babies and toddlers). I teach at a private school where most of the parents didn't have children until their 30s (many of my kindergarteners parents are 40/early 40s) so that gives me some hope! The truth is, the majority of women can conceive naturally and rather easily into their late 30s. Obviously I'm not in the majority. I do wonder how much stress plays a role. I hate when people tell me to relax and it will happen, but I don't know what else it could be (unless I end up having endometriosis)?

Welcome Alie and Ele!

FX that Clomid + IUI leads to your BFP Alie!

Ele - have you read about vitex? It's often referred to as "nature's clomid".

Ele I have unexplained infertility and have been TTC for 17 cycles and have put off going onto femara for as long as I possibly can (will be starting next cycle). Drugs aren't always the answer, especially if you already O! If you are just starting out there are a lot of natural things you can try first! Acupuncture for one has been a great help for me for regulating my cycles!

Ask looks like I'm just a couple days behind you in the TWW. I will keep hope that this is our month!

Otherwise, I am quite impressed with the strong temp rise I seem to have had! I've never had such an obvious temp increase before!

Ele, do you temp? It can give an indication of your hormone balance (according to my tcm Dr in Thailand). I have had trouble temping at same time each day but she said you still get an overall picture. My temps sometimes went a bit zig zag-y which isn't too good. Now I'm doing herbes and acupuncture and my temps have dropped and stayed low. I'll see the Dr again next Friday (I'm going away tomorrow until Wednesday).

Next month iui, but was told by the clinic that I should stop the herbes when my period starts. I can however combine acupuncture and iui. I've only done two acupuncture sessions. Second time I also got needles in my arms. Its a weird feeling!! (let me know if I should remove the picture!)

Attachments

• IMG_20170108_222728.jpg
    IMG_20170108_222728.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 7
Nore, I also get needles in those same abdomen spots! But only before O! They usually put some needles in my wrists, ankles, calves , one top of my head and one between my eyes!

I don't chart all month long, but you can see the little bit that I did this month that I got a very clean and obvious temp rise with minimal rockiness. My older charts did not look this good, they always got a little chaotic around O. I definitely attribute this to the acupuncture!

I also started using Ovaboost (last 2 days) as it just arrived mg mail. They say you can take it all cycle long, has myo-inositol in it. I'm not sure what that is supposed to do! The coq10, vitamin E and folic acid it also has I was already taking individually

Norelisa, tge accupuncture freaks me out a little LOL, my fear of needles gets to me :haha: but I too am going to try it (depends on how my next appointment with my doctor goes)

I bet if I would temp I would have a very rocky chart. I think its better just not too :D and I dont think I am going to buy more OPKs thats definately not worth it for me.

As for everyone venting about doing the right thing then end up being punished with fertility issues, I am glad I am not alone and so many others feel it too. Just hang in therr ladies...our day will come!

Oh and Nita, I meant to say if your ewcm switched to creamy then it is possible that you have already O'd! Especially since it doesn' t look like you were using OPKs or temping to confirm! If the clomid was going to work then its entirely possible you could have O'd around CD 13!

When do you get your progesterone test done?

Oh and Nita, I meant to say if your ewcm switched to creamy then it is possible that you have already O'd! Especially since it doesn' t look like you were using OPKs or temping to confirm! If the clomid was going to work then its entirely possible you could have O'd around CD 13!

When do you get your progesterone test done?

I would guess my ewcm stuck around for just over 24 hours on CD13, I actually have no CM at the moment, just the bit of creamy CM and its so little. CD13 just feels a bit early, although I did take Clomid from CD 4-8. I will be doing my bloodtest next week Sunday, so exactly 1 week from today.

If you don't really have any cm today then today might be O day which would be "textbook perfect". I've read that typically you will get ewcm up until O-1 and then on O day you usually get nothing (or very little), after that it should switch to creamy. I don't usually follow that pattern and will often get ewcm up until O+1, but I think that's mostly just because I get a fair amount of it and it takes a little while to clear out.

Maybe just keep BDing EOD until your progesterone test to be on the safe side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->