Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

If you don't really have any cm today then today might be O day which would be "textbook perfect". I've read that typically you will get ewcm up until O-1 and then on O day you usually get nothing (or very little), after that it should switch to creamy. I don't usually follow that pattern and will often get ewcm up until O+1, but I think that's mostly just because I get a fair amount of it and it takes a little while to clear out.

Maybe just keep BDing EOD until your progesterone test to be on the safe side?

I think you are right, just BD to be safe. DH wont like us BDing on schedule again LOL.

My best friend is 10 weeks pregnant and her sac just tore and she's been bleeding. So has about a 50% chance of miscarriage. I am really sad for her because she had pcos and was told it was unlikely she would have a second child. It still only took her 8-9 months to conceive. So when she told me she was pregnant I was shocked and couldn't fully share her excitement because of my own infertility. Now she may miscarry and I feel awful.

We will find out in a week's time

Oh no, Belle, thats terrible :( I hope everything turns out to be OK

XHUGSX

Ya me too. I ended up telling her that we only have a 1-4% chance each cycle (she knows we're TTC) and so a 50% chance of staying pregnant sounds pretty awesome to me lol. She laughed and seemed to feel better.

Very sorry to hear about your friend's threatened miscarriage Belle. Hoping the best for her!

Hi ladies, I've been lurking and learning from this thread. Belle, I'm sorry to hear about your friend, how did her sac tear?

I have a question as this is my first round of taking clomid 50mg. Seems like it will be successful. I got a positive OPK this morning. But as the day has gone on I'm experiencing cramping on BOTH sides of my abdomen over the ovaries. I'm assuming this is ovulation pain???? If it is, then is it normal or common to experience pain on BOTH sides? I've only ever experienced it on my right side before. Kinda thought I had a dud left ovary, honestly, though never had a reason to think that way. Finally, if I'm experiencing pain on both sides does that mean I will ovulate from both sides and possibly conceive twins????

The prospect is kind of exciting and simultaneously terrifying!

Its possible you will ovulate from both sides! I think the chances of twins is something like 8% on clomid. Lots of people ovulate multiple eggs on clomid and don't end up conceiving twins, so chances are you won't have to worry much about it. Hope you get your bfp!

Apparently the sac sometimes tears if the baby is growing too quickly or if there is too much amniotic fluid and the sac can't quite keep up, so it splits.

I had no idea that could happen with an amniotic sac 😢, that's so sad! Only time will tell what happens? There's nothing they can do?

Thanks for the info. I never knew it was possible to ovulate from both sides. From the amount of cramping I'm having the follicle(s) on the right must have been a doozy. It's pretty damn uncomfortable! Never had ovulation pain quite like this before! Ouch! The left side feels better and back to normal now. It lasted only a few hours with some sharp twinges and mild cramping. But the right side is persistent. Yikes! I didn't realize this kind of ovulation pain was possible with Clomid.

I got pretty intense ovulation pains with the chinese herbs I was on last 2 cycles. It was a surprise to me because I had never had ovulation cramping before. I'm on my last natural cycle and will start femara next cycle. Who knows if I'll get those cramps again?

Nothing they can do. Shes on bed rest for now, apparently the tears do heal as long as you don't do anything too strenuous or make twisting motions. I guess it depends on the size of the initial tear if it will be able to heal or not. I'm hoping all will go well for her. She has another scan in a couple days. So far baby is still alive which i think is a good sign. Its already survived a couple days with the tear.

Hi Pride - I had pretty painful O pains on clomid. My ovaries felt so full. My ultrasounds showed only one dominant follicle each cycle (smaller ones on opposite ovary) even though I felt pain on both sides. The side I ovulated from did end up being more painful. It's very possible you could be Oing from both sides!

Morning ladies.

Wow Belle, you had a very nice temp rise this cycle :D

Something I have been putting a lot of thought in is my Ovulation, and I am wondering if it didnt start before I went on BC. I know when I was in school my cycle were very irregular and long, if I remember correctly it would be anything between 30 and 50 days. But in my last few years in school I did not track my cycles, same as when I left school. I started tracking my cycle again at age 21 when I started getting sexually active. I was using one of those apps that take your average cycle days and work out when AF should start. It was usually pretty accurate...but then DH reminded me, that it wasnt always accurate. He remember me being late with a few days more than once. At that stage we used condoms so when I was late we got scared that something might have come through. I am thinking that I did Ovulate...but not every cycle. Am I going crazy? lol

I don't think youre being crazy at all! I had/have similar experiences with my cycle. AF arrival varies by a week for me... if it arrives at all! That's the reason for my going on clomid. We can't get the timing down. Out of the last 12 months I've ovulated 7 times but that's so hard to predict....

Looks like I'm officially in the TWW, ladies! I had a very clear temperature shift this morning by 0.4 degrees. Tomorrow I'm sure will be even higher as I tend to have a pretty dramatic shift by almost 0.8 degrees when I ovulate.

Timing was good this time around so I have a good feeling. I did everything I could by using mucinex and pre-seed every time we BD'd. Last BD was yesterday morning when I got my positive OPK and then the pain started roughly 2-3pm.

Let the symptom spotting begin! I knew the moment I was pregnant with my chemical pregnancy last year. The bloating and food aversion was unreal. But it was the smelling strawberry pop tarts from about 100ft away that convinced me....

Thanks for your help ladies!

Thanks Nita :) Its entirely possible that you weren't always Oing regularly.

Welcome to the TWW pride, enjoy the symptom spotting and everything else. Sounds like you did all you could this cycle!

Well, got my cross hairs so time to stop temping :)

Because I don't regularly take HPTs and tend to wait for AF to show sometimes I wonder if I have had a couple chemicals this past year. You'd think surely in the 16 cycles that I've ovulated that there would have been at least one good egg? Some TWWs I have far stronger symptoms than others. Lately I've had less symptoms. I dunno. Thats probably just wishful thinking on my part

Maybe you did, Belle. I knew the moment my early pregnancy was ending. I had the absolute WORST cramping of my life. To be point I came very close to leaving work and getting it checked out. At the time I was in denial and thought, maybe it was just implantation cramping? But the cramping lasted about 4 hours and within the next two days I felt 'normal' again. No food aversion, no superman smelling, bloating gone. It took about a week after the cramping episode to get my period... which was officially 1 week late. Something caused that eggie to not stick or something.

Sometimes I wonder if by having such strong early symptoms if that wasn't a sign something was wrong. After all, I started getting symptoms at 6dpo, which is WAY early. And it continued to become more intense until the episode of cramping.

Ok. So my husbands brothers friend and I have been sightseeing today in yangon. Hubby is working but had lunch with us. BUT I learned something about what Burmese people do if they have problems conceiving. The couple has to go to the shwedagon pagoda to touch the baby and/or the lotus together. The baby to get a boy and the lotus for a girl. Trying to get my hubby to go with me tonight to touch them, haha :)

Attachments

• _20170110_134830.jpg
    _20170110_134830.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 4
Popping back in after being MIA for a bit! :)

So yesterday I tested at 10 dpo and got a BFN. I know I am not out until AF shows, but I just don't have a good feeling about this month. I have no symptoms. On the bright side, the upped dose of clomid seems to have worked. And the Ava fertility tracker that I ordered in November finally shipped, so hopefully that will help too.

This was my third round of clomid. What do we do next if we are indeed out this month? DH has not been checked out yet, is it time? Anything else we should do?

Rickyandlucy, dont lose hope yet. You are only out when AF arrives. As for whats next, have you checked your tubes, that they are open? Also, it might be time for DH to do a SA :)

I had an ultra-sound, not sure if that means she checked my tubes or not. DH has not had a SA yet. I am actually surprised she didn't start there. Sometimes I feel like she doesn't take me seriously. I am 28, but I look young. :(

I had an ultra-sound, not sure if that means she checked my tubes or not. DH has not had a SA yet. I am actually surprised she didn't start there. Sometimes I feel like she doesn't take me seriously. I am 28, but I look young. :(

I suggest then let them check your tubes...not sure what they call it but they inject some ink and take xrays to check your tubes (other ladies who have done it, please correct me if I am wrong) and the have DH do the SA. Dont feel alone, my doctor also took the same steps. I was first put on Clomid, but now that I am Clomid resistant (or well I am 90% sure I am) my doctor will be checking my tubes and DH will be doing his SA.

Hi everyone ,

Sorry for the delayed responses to your messages to me .

{Nita} Natural is the preferred way , I was just curious about the clomid , but it sounds like it isn't for me . I am not a fan of needles either , you cant feel them once they are placed , it is just an awkward feeling(and sight!) to have needles sticking out of your body . But I will give anything a try to get my very desired baby belly .

{Ask for Joy} I have heard of it , but unclear on what it really was.

{Bellenuit} I tried acupuncture for 3 cycles but no luck : /

{Norelisa} I haven't gotten into temping because I've never had a normal temperature , it has always been lower so I wasn't sure if it would still work , I have been doing the digital ovulation tests though . What kind of herbs are you taking , maybe I can try them. I wish they had one of those statues here where I live , I'd would be taking my husband there daily to hug it : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->