Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

We have started saving as well, but I am itching to have an actual baby item to look at and remind me that it is coming!! Which DH is not against, because we have already agreed that if it doesn't happen this year we will adopt. But I know what you mean, I feel delusional sometimes too, lol.

Noticed your clomid was upped on this round, mine was too. I recommend you start your BD'ing plan earlier rather than later. My last round of clomid was upped from 50 to 100 mg. I took it on CD 5-9, and they say you will ovulate 5-9 days later. Lo and behold, I o'ed exactly 5 days later on CD 14! Fortunately our timing was still pretty good, but I was pretty surprised it happened so fast. Fx for you!!

Hey ladies, I understand you'd like to keep this tread TTC related. But just an update around the multiples thing in case some of you are worried about getting twins/triplets etc. 100mg of Clomid and just 1 baby growing inside me.

My husband and I talked about this before I started clomid, we actually wouldn't mind having twins :) But they say that clomid only increases your chances of twins by about 10% anyhow.

Congrats on your bun in the oven!!

I've been wanting to start up a "maybe IVF" fund because I'm a pessimist. Last year this time I was thinking quite a bit about maternity clothes and baby items. Its not even on my radar anymore

:/

Sorry for being such a downer. I just hate that this is happening to me. I wish I could believe that femara would give me an easy out. But I just don't.

Hey ladies, I understand you'd like to keep this tread TTC related. But just an update around the multiples thing in case some of you are worried about getting twins/triplets etc. 100mg of Clomid and just 1 baby growing inside me.

I only mentioned it , because I would love love love to have mutiples my first time getting pregnant : )

I too woukd not mind twins, I know I already have a chance for twins since my and my family in law has twins.

Belle, I agree with you, I also started saving up for treatment and not for baby things/clothes. I havent bought anything for baby, and wont do so until I get my BFP.

For once I am actually pretty certain about my O day, lol. But my luteal phase has been inconsistent. If still no AF I will retest Sunday. :/

Now that I totally understand, lol. We wouldn't mind twins in our first or even second pregnancy. DH jokes that if we get twins first time around, one and done in terms of pregnancy (he wants 2 kids, I am open to 3). :)

I don't think I am going to be able to hold out waiting to test again until Sunday, lol. I am not surprised at the BFN, but I am surprised that AF hasn't arrived yet. If AF doesn't come today I will probably try again tomorrow. Tomorrow will be 15 DPO, and based on my history if she doesn't come tomorrow it would be the longest luteal phase I will have ever had.

My temps are not abnormally high, but they are comfortably above the cover line. Last couple days pretty consistently around 97.9, cover line is about 97.5. And although I am pretty confident in my O date, if I am off it is likely that it would have been a day earlier rather than later, which would make our timing and the chance for a BFP even better.

Is it too soon to try testing in the evenings as well? I have heard of some women getting BFN in morning but BFP in the evening. I realize that defies the norm, but that would make sense for me, lol.

Now that I totally understand, lol. We wouldn't mind twins in our first or even second pregnancy. DH jokes that if we get twins first time around, one and done in terms of pregnancy (he wants 2 kids, I am open to 3). :)

I meant it because we lost her twin brother and the pregnancy was harder..

We have 3 kids though. Theres always an odd man out but they somehow make it work among themselves. :haha:

-------------
Update on my TTC front: I think Af finally stopped! :shhh: AND I got the Ok to add trigger to my clomid cycle. ( we went back and forth and that was the plan and then it wasnt, etc).

so right now- 1 FE + trigger, break, 1 clo, break, 1 clo + trigger.

Oh no, I am so sorry!!!! I completely get that too, and I can't imagine what you went through. :cry:

And another one of my friends (who got married after me) announced her pregnancy today. Each announcement only gets harder for me, or maybe it just feels that way. :(

I'm sorry Nita. I find they get harder too the longer it's been. They always seem to come in waves, several announcements all at once and then it will be quiet again for awhile. I just unfollow those who are pregnant on Facebook, their posts always end up hurting me. I don't want an update of your bump, I don't want to know that you are buying strollers, I don't want to hear about the cute way you broke the news to your husband, child, or the grandparents.

I had one awful woman on here who berrated me for being "bitter" in her words. Maybe I am, but I think that is okay. Not being able to have a child is a life crisis.... It is one of the most difficult things a person can go through. The depression and anxiety it can cause are at the same levels as a cancer diagnosis. And yet we often suffer alone or are ridiculed for having a hard time with things.

I have had enough of it. I will not go to another baby shower (or other occasion that would be difficult) until this had been resolved (whatever outcome that may be), and I won't feel bad about it either.

You shouldn't feel bad about it. Not one bit. It is ok to be sad. Jealous even. Be bitter if you want to. I am guessing the person who berated you has not suffered through infertility herself. Anyone who has struggled to conceive would know how hard it is to see what seems like everyone else getting pregnant with ease.

I am happy for my pregnant friends, but definitely jealous. Definitely sad. I don't think I am bitter yet, but if this goes on much longer, I very well could be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->