Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Thanks Belle, I knew you were hoping with me, and you even said you are sure I did Ovulate.Thanks for that.:hugs: I guess the amount of EWCM then did mean Ovulation, and the fact that we didnt need lube also gave it away. I cant tell you how happy I am about this. I am not sure what the ideal CD21 progesterone level should be, but I knkw going from 1.7 to 66 is a major improvement. It should be between 10 and 86 to comfirm O.

Hey ladies question, is it normal to shed lining in the middle of my fertile days? I'm so confused on whats going on but I am almost sure I'm passing lining but I am supposed to ovulate within 48 hours. Has this happened to any of you? Is this a part of post-clomid?

As I near the end of 15 dpo, if/when AF shows up at this point it will be the longest luteal phase I will have ever had. Which seems strange since my follicular phase was one of the shortest I have ever had. I had myself convinced AF was going to appear today. But nothing yet. Going to test again tomorrow morning if still no sign of AF. Not sure whether to feel positive or negative about it. Fx!

Lucy, I have read that your luteal phase can be up to 16 days..

This morning DH and I spoke about his birthday coming up end of the month, I told him I want to take him to adopt 2 dogs and he said he would love that, but he would like a BFP more lol, I told we didnt BD enough and his response was 'I know people who only BD once and fell pregnant' I told him we arent other people it wont be easy for us.

Belle, I would believe anything at this point, lol. 16 dpo today, BFN on dollar store cheapie. I was never able to get a positive OPK, but my temp shift was pretty decisive. I input all my temps for this month into three different programs to see if I got anything different (Fertility Friend, Natural Cycles, Countdown to Pregnancy), and they all gave me the same O date. Now, they did say I must have O'ed the day before my temp rise, but I have read that some women can take two days, so it is possible I O'ed one day earlier. Still doesn't explain why I still don't have AF or a BFP.

I have attached my chart if anyone is curious. Temp went down some today. It certainly doesn't look like any pregnancy chart I have ever seen, but I think if I am still getting BFN's and no AF by the end of this week I will head off to the doc for a blood test. Feeling kind of indifferent at this point. :(

Nita, love the idea of the dogs! We adopted a puppy over the summer, and it did help curb my baby fever for a little while. My hubby tries to use TTC as an excuse to BD all the time! LOL. He still thinks you can get preggers anytime of the month, I have tried to explain it doesn't work that way, but I guess he doesn't care about the science of it, lol. It is a bit straining for us though because I have been so stressed and frustrated that I sometimes find it hard to find the motivation to BD if I am not in my fertile days.

Attachments

• mychart-491476-34287.jpg
    mychart-491476-34287.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 5
Nita DH and I adopted a puppy and I can say it has helped immensely for us. It's not the same as a baby, but in some ways a puppy is more enjoyable lol.

Now that you know you O on clomid, and the time in your cycle you generally O by, you should have an easier time timing BD. Your chances of pregnancy now that you O are just the same as anybody else first starting out!

Lucy, to be honest I dont know what to think about temps, I tried temping and it didnt work for me, I tried using OPKs, never saw a positive. I didnt bother to use OPKs early in my cycle because even my doctor said the odds of me Oing is not much, however when the saw the heaps of ewcm and Belle was convinced that I Od I used an OPK and it was negative, so I must have Od before then. I think giving it a few more days is a good idea. Are you feeling any pre-AF symptons or cramps?

Belle, I am sad that I have not tried harder this cycle, but I was so down and ready to give up, and I really didnt thought I Od, I didnt have Ovary pain, just the ewcm. I should have had some more faith, but I really didnt want to be dissapointed again. From what I understand (from google ofcourse)is that a progesterone level of 66 like I had is quite a strong Ovulation. Most women with PCOS on Clomid usually get around 40 (or thats the average) and since the progesterone maintain the pregnancy, if you get a result of 10-30 its not enough to maintain the pregnancy thus resulting in a MC. This was my 3rd round of Clomid, so I hope my doctor agrees to let me try the 150mg for 2 more cycles (we will definately be trying harder next cycle - we already have a plan)

We are very excited about adopting the dogs :D It wont replace the baby idea, but I think it would be good for us. And we both love dogs.

Also, did I mention... NO PROVERA for me this month :D:D

Hi everyone ,

Sorry for the delayed responses to your messages to me .

{Nita} Natural is the preferred way , I was just curious about the clomid , but it sounds like it isn't for me . I am not a fan of needles either , you cant feel them once they are placed , it is just an awkward feeling(and sight!) to have needles sticking out of your body . But I will give anything a try to get my very desired baby belly .

{Ask for Joy} I have heard of it , but unclear on what it really was.

{Bellenuit} I tried acupuncture for 3 cycles but no luck : /

{Norelisa} I haven't gotten into temping because I've never had a normal temperature , it has always been lower so I wasn't sure if it would still work , I have been doing the digital ovulation tests though . What kind of herbs are you taking , maybe I can try them. I wish they had one of those statues here where I live , I'd would be taking my husband there daily to hug it : )

I have no idea what I am taking as the prescription comes out in Chinese! haha:) But if you wanted to try herbs, I would reccomend going to see a TCM-Dr. They will feel your pulse and make a mixture suited to you. I have had two different types, so I think she gives me one for before o and one after o- I can barely drink it, but with honey it is better, though I keep some coconut water that I drink just after to get rid of the taste:) In some countries you get it in pill form, I'm getting the actual herbes and boil them and drink.. tastes like mud, kinda.. without having actually tasted mud..

The depression and anxiety it can cause are at the same levels as a cancer diagnosis. And yet we often suffer alone or are ridiculed for having a hard time with things.

I have ovarian cancer and IF... I dont know that id say they feel the same but i do understand what you mean.

I am sorry to hear about that. My mother passed away because they found out way too late about ovarian cancer, and I promised her that I would do an operation once we have had the children we want.. At the time I did not expect having issues.. and my mom really really wanted to be a grand mother.. :sadangel:

So, ladies, I have some good news to share. I am not totally broken, and I will also not be doing the Ovarian Drilling. My CD21 bloodtest results came back as 66 :o whicjmh means that I have Ovulated. Now the problem is, I have no idea when, but my guess would be around CD13/CD14 so I am due for AF in 8 days and currently 6 dpo and officially in the TWW. DH and I only BDed once during that time, and I also had some drinks then, so I highly doubt I will get a BFP, but I will contact my doctor for another prescription, and we will know next month to cut the alcohol (both DH and I) and try harder (BD more often)

Oh, I am sooo happy for you, sorry for not commenting earlier:D I

Belle, I would believe anything at this point, lol. 16 dpo today, BFN on dollar store cheapie. I was never able to get a positive OPK, but my temp shift was pretty decisive. I input all my temps for this month into three different programs to see if I got anything different (Fertility Friend, Natural Cycles, Countdown to Pregnancy), and they all gave me the same O date. Now, they did say I must have O'ed the day before my temp rise, but I have read that some women can take two days, so it is possible I O'ed one day earlier. Still doesn't explain why I still don't have AF or a BFP.

I have attached my chart if anyone is curious. Temp went down some today. It certainly doesn't look like any pregnancy chart I have ever seen, but I think if I am still getting BFN's and no AF by the end of this week I will head off to the doc for a blood test. Feeling kind of indifferent at this point. :(

Nita, love the idea of the dogs! We adopted a puppy over the summer, and it did help curb my baby fever for a little while. My hubby tries to use TTC as an excuse to BD all the time! LOL. He still thinks you can get preggers anytime of the month, I have tried to explain it doesn't work that way, but I guess he doesn't care about the science of it, lol. It is a bit straining for us though because I have been so stressed and frustrated that I sometimes find it hard to find the motivation to BD if I am not in my fertile days.

I was told by my chinese dr that "spikey" charts might come from hormone imbalance.. My hubby went to Cambodia this morning (I decided to stay home) and he is buying me some natural progesterone, the month I had my best "chart" was on clomid + progesterone.. :)

Lucy, to be honest I dont know what to think about temps, I tried temping and it didnt work for me, I tried using OPKs, never saw a positive. I didnt bother to use OPKs early in my cycle because even my doctor said the odds of me Oing is not much, however when the saw the heaps of ewcm and Belle was convinced that I Od I used an OPK and it was negative, so I must have Od before then. I think giving it a few more days is a good idea. Are you feeling any pre-AF symptons or cramps?

Belle, I am sad that I have not tried harder this cycle, but I was so down and ready to give up, and I really didnt thought I Od, I didnt have Ovary pain, just the ewcm. I should have had some more faith, but I really didnt want to be dissapointed again. From what I understand (from google ofcourse)is that a progesterone level of 66 like I had is quite a strong Ovulation. Most women with PCOS on Clomid usually get around 40 (or thats the average) and since the progesterone maintain the pregnancy, if you get a result of 10-30 its not enough to maintain the pregnancy thus resulting in a MC. This was my 3rd round of Clomid, so I hope my doctor agrees to let me try the 150mg for 2 more cycles (we will definately be trying harder next cycle - we already have a plan)

We are very excited about adopting the dogs :D It wont replace the baby idea, but I think it would be good for us. And we both love dogs.

Also, did I mention... NO PROVERA for me this month :D:D

Oh, congrats on the doggies! I work a lot with cats, but I really love dogs as well. Here in Thailand I have to admit I am a bit reluctant as some dogs might bite, but I have found two charities that I will try to visit - The Man Who Rescues Dogs and Soi Dog Foundation. Both are located outside of Bangkok unfortunately ..

Afm, I think I am on 3DPO. Hubby left for Cambodia, but bringing back natural progesterone, I am a little curious as they have to be put ... not in the mouth and its not a cream-- you know..

Otherwise I am continuing drinking my horrible tasting herbs, BUT - I think thanks to the herbs and acupuncture -that I actually o-ed earlier than usual. Without anything I O around cd18-21 but on clomid I o-ed on cd14, and also on TCM I o-ed on cd14. Pretty happy about that.

When it comes to telling or not telling people, I have told a few, but almost no-one back home. Just a few. Luckily being so far away and so many young childless couples in BKK makes it easier..

Quite stressful events last week - apparently we might have some serious issues in our flat that we rent out in London. The guys we rented it out to sublet it to someone else, who in turn sublet to someone else.. and now 8-11 people have been living in our 2 bed flat.. :growlmad:

This cycle:

1. Chinese herbs
2. Acupuncture
3. Brazil nuts
4. Pineapple core from 3 dpo
5. follic acid + vitamine c + multi vit
6. Hubby starting to take vitamins almost regularly..
7. Making smoothies almost daily for breakfast with frozen fruit + oatmeal + seeds + honey
8. Making hot chocolate or milk with honey - to drink something warm after o. I don't like coffee and only like tea when lots of sugar, so avoiding that:D

Next cycle:
1. CD3 go see Dr for IUI
2. IUI with follow up
3. Trigger shot (and BD) then IUI followed by BD in the evening and the next morning
4. As points above: 2-3-4-5-7-8

Anything else I should add or try? Still haven't found castor oil, will message hubby about it, maybe they have in cambodia come to think of it..

Norelisa, it sucks about your flat :o it sounds like you have a good plan, and I am sure you will get your bfp soon. DH and I have a similiar plan for next cycle. No alcohol (from both of us, I honestly had too many drinks this cycle), DH needs to takes his multivitamin every day (he forgets to take it a lot), I need to take my folic acid and since I know I Od around CD13/14 we will BD atleast once every 48 hours starting CD10 to be sure.

Nita, I had a cycle like that. The one right before this one actually. I was convinced I wasn't going to O, and by the time I realized I was, it was too late. We didn't have much of a chance that month. I didn't know, and I was so frustrated, and so not in the mood.

The dogs will not replace the babies, but they will definitely keep you busy, and happy. We got our girl in July, and I cannot imagine life without her now. She is a handful, like a toddler I often say, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Saw an adorable onesie the other day that said "My sister has a tail". Hopefully we will have a little one to buy that for someday soon :)

Still no AF or AF symptoms. I was having some minor cramping on the left side yesterday that didn't feel like my usual AF symptoms, but I was convinced she was coming. But apparently that wasn't it.

I am trying not to symptom spot, but one thing that is definitely not just in my head is that I have been having vivid dreams. Every.single.night. For about a week.

Guess I will just keep waiting. :wacko:

Lucy, I have read that your luteal phase can be up to 16 days..

This morning DH and I spoke about his birthday coming up end of the month, I told him I want to take him to adopt 2 dogs and he said he would love that, but he would like a BFP more lol, I told we didnt BD enough and his response was 'I know people who only BD once and fell pregnant' I told him we arent other people it wont be easy for us.

My LP ( on a regular medicated cycle) is 16d.

-------
Way back in 09, i told DH " i want a baby or a puppy "..we ended up with a dog. ( we m/c'd though) and now we have FOUR dogs and still no #4 baby. I just jokingly told him again " its either a baby or a 5th dog "..he knows im serious but it would be crazy with 5 dogs. :haha:

Its not his fault though but its a funny thing we have going. He has slightly the same problem Nita. We BD outside my fertile window or just leading up to it or some weird days that make no sense. My October cycle was the FIRST cycle we BD 5 days in a row for all of my ( what i thought was) fertile period. It was pulling teeth. Lots of lingerie and bribery. :winkwink:

Lucy, have you considered monitored cycles? It does sound like you can benefit from it. That way you know exactly where in your cycle you are. Clomid is suppose to help regulate your cycle, but you still have irregular cycles? If I remembered correctly.

OnEarth - I so understand that, we have no problem to BD when I am not fertile, but when I am fertile DH does not seem to like the BD on schedule thing.

I am trying to figure out if we did BD on time, and how small our odds are this cycle - Its making me crazy not knowing lol. Every article I see they say start to BD 3 days before O date, we BDed the moment I got the heaps of EWCM for the first time, so I can't help to think we missed our chance. :dohh:

I also always thought the TWW won't be as hard as I read - but OMG I am dying to POAS :haha: only 9 dpo today so it will be a BFN. Hopefully I can wait till Sunday for AF to arrive before testing. Also trying not to symptom spot :shrug:

Ah Nita, I'm 9 dpo too, so right there with you. I've done a few TWWs and can say that symptom spotting and poas definitely makes it worse LOL. AF is due Friday for me, I could start spotting as early as tomorrow. I always spot before AF, so I always hope beyond all hopes that I won't.

I was so nauseated today I actually vomited. I'm sure it was just due to dehydration though lol. Even with my best intentions symptom spotting still gets me

I have thought over the last few months that having 45+ day cycles would prepare me for the TWW - boy was I wrong. On the positive side, if AF shows it will be a 27/28 day cycle for me. DH couldn't believe me when I told him how soon we can try again.

AWW FX for you Belle, you so deserve a BFP, I have all my hopes up for you :hugs:

Lucy, have you considered monitored cycles? It does sound like you can benefit from it. That way you know exactly where in your cycle you are. Clomid is suppose to help regulate your cycle, but you still have irregular cycles? If I remembered correctly.

OnEarth - I so understand that, we have no problem to BD when I am not fertile, but when I am fertile DH does not seem to like the BD on schedule thing.

I am trying to figure out if we did BD on time, and how small our odds are this cycle - Its making me crazy not knowing lol. Every article I see they say start to BD 3 days before O date, we BDed the moment I got the heaps of EWCM for the first time, so I can't help to think we missed our chance. :dohh:

I also always thought the TWW won't be as hard as I read - but OMG I am dying to POAS :haha: only 9 dpo today so it will be a BFN. Hopefully I can wait till Sunday for AF to arrive before testing. Also trying not to symptom spot :shrug:

TCOYF says youre fertile the LAST day of your most fertile CM ( EWCM/watery)..not sure how reliable that is all the time but thats what it says?

TCOYF says youre fertile the LAST day of your most fertile CM ( EWCM/watery)..not sure how reliable that is all the time but thats what it says?

Well, if that is reliable then we have a chance. I just think to BD a few days before there will be more sperm available to fertilize the egg since sperm can live for 5 days in our bodies. However instructions from my doctor said, no BD from CD9 - 12 and BD CD13 - 15. :blush: I will just wait...If I am still sane by then :haha:

Clomid had actually helped regulate my cycles up until now. This cycle seems to be some kind of cruel joke. I will ask my doc about monitored cycles.

17 DPO today and still no sign of AF, but still getting BFN's and my temp dropped below the coverline this morning. Last night I had cramping like AF and was convinced she was coming, but now it's gone and she's still not here. I am so frustrated at this point. What an awful tease.

Clomid had actually helped regulate my cycles up until now. This cycle seems to be some kind of cruel joke. I will ask my doc about monitored cycles.

17 DPO today and still no sign of AF, but still getting BFN's and my temp dropped below the coverline this morning. Last night I had cramping like AF and was convinced she was coming, but now it's gone and she's still not here. I am so frustrated at this point. What an awful tease.

How many rounds of Clomid will you be doing?

It sounds like your body is playing some sick game with you. I hope you get an answer soon (either a BFP or AF)

How many rounds of Clomid will you be doing?

It sounds like your body is playing some sick game with you. I hope you get an answer soon (either a BFP or AF)

dont they usually do 6?

Im new to it so i could be wrong. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"