Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Fx for you lucy, I am hoping with you that you get your bfp this coming cycle. I like your plan.

Thank you Nita! And baby dust to all!!!!:dust:

Was just looking at the calendar and thank goodness it looks like I will be home for my entire fertile period. I start seasonal traveling for work this week, and will be traveling for several days at a time about once a week for about the next three months, but somehow the timing worked out so my fertile period happens to be right in the middle of a nice big two week gap in between trips :happydance:

Lucy, thats great news :D Its great when things happen the way you want them too.

Afm - I should be hearing about my bloodtest results from my doctor today. (although I know the results already) will most likely go for an ultrasound in this week and hopefully get more Clomid :D

Havent heard back from my doctor yet D: and I feel like I am out for this cycle. Breast are far lest tender and sore today so I guess my progesterone are dropping to get ready for AF, and I started getting light AF cramps tonight. Still holding out to test though, but I feel so sad about it. :(

Nita I'm right there with ya. I also feel out! Haven't started spotting yet (although haven't really checked since early this morning). My CP feels soft but slightly open as well which it often open's up a bit before AF starts. My bbs are definitly sore (nips are sore, and sore along the sides) which I think is probably just due to progesterone. I dunno, I just feel out but I don't feel too sad about it right now. It's like it's inevitable.

I feel you, Belle. I feel great today (ie. No early pregnancy symptons) bbs arent tender or sore, dont feel tired, no nausea, nothing. I dont feel pregnant at all. I am also still waiting to hear back from my doctor. 11dpo today and the urge to test has gone, ill just wait for AF to show so we can get started on the next cycle. I suppose I should be happy that we are atleast having a chance, vs. The 0% chance we had the last 10 months. :)

Any chance is better than no chance :) now that you're Oing you have a good chance of getting pregnant within the next few cycles.

Tan cm started this evening. Ever so faint, but still there, just like how it always starts. Just a matter of time now I think. Going to pick up my femara prescription Thursday. AF is due Friday. I'm under no delusions that I will get a BFP this month.

I really hope Femara works for you. Correct me if I am wrong, Femara does the same as Clomid, right? It makes you ovulate? I havent done much research on Femara as my doctor never mentioned it as an option.

Femara works differently physiologically than clomid but they have the same effect on ovulation. Femara is supposed to be better for lining and cm than clomid though

Ah Ok. Makes sense.

I did a very bad thing, I decided to test today to put me out of my misery... A very clear :bfn: for me... Now I am anxious to get the cycle started.

Also have not gotten my next clomod prescription, but think i will try and get it tomorow.

Sorry about your BFN Nita. I got the faintest bit of pink spotting today, so I know the end is coming soon too. I am tempted to just go and fill my femara prescription over my lunch break today so that I feel like I'm doing something.

Its always disappointing when you know the end is coming. I am excited to try something new, but I'm trying to keep my expectations realistic.

If I ever get pregnant and have a baby I'm never doing this again. We'll just have our 1 miracle baby and be happy and in love with him/her. We won't prevent, but I'm never going to actively TTC again. This is hell

I kind off expected the BFN, both myself and DH have been drinking during my fertile days, DH also didnt take his multi vitamin for a few weeks, and we didnt BD enough. But I was still hoping for a miracle. DH and I also agreed, if we have our baby one day, after that I wont go back on BCP ever. So if we get preg again, good for us, if we dont than thats it.

Nita we sound so similar lol. I'm sorry about your BFN, even if you were expecting it. My DH also needs reminders all the time to take his vitamins. He regularly quits during my TWW because every time he believes I'm pregnant LOL. He's been wrong 17 times now... but just keeps on hoping. Denial is a powerful thing.

I'm sorry you didn't get your miracle Nita. I do have high hopes that it will happen for you soon now that they have found what works for you!

DHs are ao silly, mine keeps on asking me how I am feeling, and by now I know he means do I feel pregnant, so I jist answer no. Now I can say with confidence no lol. I think DH feels guilty, and that its his fault that we are strugling.. I didnt want to go on BCP, I wanted a honeymoon baby, but he insisted I go on BCP and that we wait a bit, now all this after I stopped BCP. But its not his fault, I visited my Gynae before going on it and they said everything was perfect.

I am surprised my doctor have not phoned me about my bloodtest results as yet, usually they phone within 2 to 3 days.

Belle, we will both get our miracles! Dont know when yet, but it will happen. I bet Femara is going to give you the boost you need to catch that egg next month. Are you starting on the lowest dose?

Yes I'll be on the lowest dose taking it on CD 3-7. So I'll start taking it on Sunday, assuming AF arrives when i expect it to (she's always on time lol). Because I already ovulate I don't know that there would be much point in putting me on a higher dose.

You can't blame yourself for going on bcp. Who knows if you were Oing normally even before bcp! These things just happen sometimes and we don't always know why. We waited to try till we were ready (which was still relatively early in the grand scheme of things) and I don't regret waiting, even considering the position we are in now. In all likelihood, starting out earlier wouldn't have changed anything for us.

I am hopeful all of us will eventually have our babies. After 2 years TTC, 95% of people are pregnant/have had their babies. Its really only 5% of the population that is truly infertile and about 10% that are subfertile. I'm hoping we just fall into that subfertile category. In that case, it will just take a little more time

I think the thing that hits us the hardest is that the 1 year mark is slowing approaching, however, I know i havent Od the first 9 months of TTC, so I bet should not add that time into the equation of calculating the odds of getting pregnant, this was technicaly our first month of having a real chance. I just dont want to wait a whole year more for it though lol

I think DH and I both learned our lesson regarding BCP, no more of that, ever! Yay.

I really cant get my head around unexplained infertility, I mean for goodness sake, they can drill holes into an ovary to make a person Ovulate, surely they must have the tools and knowledge to see why you arent getting pregnant. If everything looks good, then they must be missing something? There must be a reason, i could understand it if you were 40 or older, but you are in the peak of your fertility years. I hope we all are part of the 95%, i dont think I could handle more than 2 years of this.

From all I've read it sounds like unexplained is largely due to inefficiencies in the process. Sometimes its a result of sperm dna microfragmentation which impairs the ability to enter the egg and even if conception does occur, cell division may not happen normally. Other times the uterine lining just isn't receptive and failure to implant will happen. Sometimes its due to egg quality issues, which can't be detected. Sometimes the fallopian tube doesn't pick up the egg that was ovulated so conception can't happen, sometimes the tube is stiff and can't transport the embryo to the womb.

There are tons of possible explanations, sometimes (when its still early on) unexplained infertility is just a result of pure dumb luck and there is nothing wrong at all (just sucky dice rolls, lol).

I find it hard to believe that its already been a year. If we hit the 2 year mark we'll be doing IVF. I find that terrifying. this past year already seemed to by at super speed... I'm sure the next will too.

If it gives you any re-assurance, my doctor had me on 50mg of Clomid in November, 100mg in November and within a month I got pregnant (I am 5 weeks right now)

Keep positive and let all things flow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"