Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Its so crazy that so many things can go wrong, I just dont understand how they cant pinpoint 1 specific thing with the technology available. And I cant even imagine your frustration with not knowing (if you knew, you could obviously be doing something about it)

Well, hopefully Femara will fix whatever the problem may be :hugs:

Mamabear did you have unexplained infertility?

Thanks Nita it is pretty crazy to think about how complex fertility is!

I go back and forth with feeling frustrated and not really caring what the problem is. I keep trying to tell myself being unexplained is actually a good thing. There are no major impediments, and the unexplained cohort is typically a clinics highest success rate for IVF.

Filled femara prescription today, $6 for 5 pills. Wowzers!

Hi ladies - AF started a few days ago. I have my first RE appointment next Tuesday. Won't be surprised if he suggests laparoscopy. My guess is that or more clomid + IUI. He's apparently the best RE in the area and his clinic's success rate with IVF is well above the average. My dad's 2nd wife saw him to get pregnant with my little brother and sister (10 and 14 years ago). Feeling hopeful!

Good luck with the Fermara, Belle!

Good luck at your appointment Joy! It's always nerve wracking when you start seeing an RE. Those success rates sound good, and I have no doubts they'll get you where you want to go! Do you think you'll start IUI right away?

I feel like I'm needlessly/stubbornly dragging my heels through this process. I just want it to fricken happen, and I don't want to have to pay a fortune to make it happen.

Sorry AF showed Joy, goodluck at your appointment, I am sure they will get you where you want to be.

Belle, Femara is cheap? Compared to Clomid lol

Afm - had bit of a rough night. Woke up with severe heartburn that made me vomit. I have had that kind of heart burn before, but not like this. I could barely breath while it happened. And seems like that stomach bug is still around, woke up very nauseous. Just wish it will go away. Will contact my doctor today to find out about my Clomid prescription

I have no idea what clomid costs here! I'm using letrozole which is the generic for femara, so probably cheaper because of that.

Sorry to hear about your awful stomach bug! I hope its not the flu!

The generic is definately cheaper :haha: I used Fertomid thats the generic for clomid the first month and it was so much cheaper. I paid for my last round of Clomid about 45$

I called my doctor to find out about my CD21 bloodtest results, and they said they havent received it yet, I should wait till Monday. Its so weird, since I got the result 2 hours after the test was done. So I have to wait to hear back from them and then my doctor will decide whether or not I will continue Clomid - I am so bummed now.

Nita its possible my insurance covered part of the cost as well. Also Canadian healthcare covers some of the cost for drugs. I just thought more than a dollar per pill was pretty high regardless!

Sorry to hear that your docs didn't get your results somehow. Hopefully they will get their act together soon so that you know what to expect next cycle!

I had a funny (not so funny?) dream last night. There were 2 large panthers living in my front yard and a family of bunnies. The panthers began eating the bunnies as panthers do, until there was just 2 bunnies left. A mommy and a baby bunny. I went outside to try to save them, they were running for their lives from the panthers.... who eventually ate them. Now what kind of a metaphor for infertility is that LOL, Literally the fertile bunnies got all gobbled up and I was left with nothing... sounds familiar

I paid about $26 for 10 pills of clomid. Insurance didn't cover any of it this time (switched insurance recently). Keeps creeping up and up. I think I started at $3, then $10. Has me worried about what my insurance would do if we actually do have a baby.

Creepy dream!

I am paying for everything myself, I keep my medical aid (or insurance as you call it) for emergencies, we only have a hospital plan with some savings, i can use my savings for Clomid, but a whole years savings is equal to two rounds of Clomid.

What a weird dream :sleep:

If RE recommends IUI then we will start right away. If I were still in my 20s I'd give it more time but since I'm getting close to 35 and would like 2-3 children, there's no time to waste!

Crazy dream, Belle. Sounds like one I would have!

Nita - AF hasn't shown up yet, right? Could you be having early pregnancy symptoms? FX for you!

Ask, AF is due Sunday. I tested on 11dpo and a very clear BFN. If no AF on Monday Ill test again, but I dont feel pregnant at all. And I know the bug is doing the rounds, so me feeling sick is just the bug :haha:

I also have some good news to share. We are one fur baby richer. She is only 3 weeks old, and we need to wait 4 more weeks before she can come home. I will try attach a photo of her :happydance: I cant wait for her to come home.

Attachments

• 426121432_149947.jpg
    426121432_149947.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 3
Aaahhh I want another fur baby! I have a dog which DH has come to love but he's not big on pets. He said maybe a kitten when we move into our house next month. I might just come home with one and he'll have to accept it because he'll see how happy I am. Hehe.

This will be our first fur baby together. And planning to adopt another one in about 2 weeks time. I know she wont fill the emptiness of a baby, but it will help. Both myself and DH are crazy about animals, DH will turn our house into a farm if he could and fill it with all kind of animals.

If RE recommends IUI then we will start right away. If I were still in my 20s I'd give it more time but since I'm getting close to 35 and would like 2-3 children, there's no time to waste!

Crazy dream, Belle. Sounds like one I would have!

Nita - AF hasn't shown up yet, right? Could you be having early pregnancy symptoms? FX for you!

It feels kind of crazy, but next cycle we'll do iui. I am now on 8 dpo according to ff, but I'm not a 100 % sure of the accuracy. I'm happy though as my Chinese herbs seems to have helped on my temps compared to previous months. The only "good month" I had was on Clomid and progesterone.

Ask, AF is due Sunday. I tested on 11dpo and a very clear BFN. If no AF on Monday Ill test again, but I dont feel pregnant at all. And I know the bug is doing the rounds, so me feeling sick is just the bug :haha:

I also have some good news to share. We are one fur baby richer. She is only 3 weeks old, and we need to wait 4 more weeks before she can come home. I will try attach a photo of her :happydance: I cant wait for her to come home.

Oh, sooo cute!! I would so love to have an animal here!! I'll just continue my regular visits to the local shelter.. Only cats this far, but have intention of visiting dog shelters too :)

Aaahhh I want another fur baby! I have a dog which DH has come to love but he's not big on pets. He said maybe a kitten when we move into our house next month. I might just come home with one and he'll have to accept it because he'll see how happy I am. Hehe.

Kitties!! :) I'm a crazy cat lady!!

BTW, anyone had their ph measured down there? I've gotten some ph strips and started looking it up, I think my ph is way too high so I'll start trying to eat some yoghurt or something.. (I think I have ph around 5-6 and it should ideally be around 3-4).

Aww, I hope you get your kitten Joy! Nita are you thinking on getting a 2nd pup? It will be so exciting when you finally get to bring her home!

We've had our dog for a couple months now and she has changed our life for the better. I don't really care for dogs (i'm a cat person), but I really do love our little Zola Bear! Its been fun watching her grow into a full sized dog.... shes about 50 pounds now and I think she'll grow another 30 more!

Otherwise, DH and I had a big talk tonight and we are seriously considering living a childfree life if we don't get pregnant after another year of TTC. I don't think either of us really want to pursue fertility treatments (IUI or IVF). I give myself full permission to change my mind, but as for now its something that we are putting some thought into. I don't think living childfree would be all bad. I can see some immediate perks. Aside from femara for the next 3 cycles, we'll probably go back to just trying naturally, and if it hasn't happened after 2 years of TTC (next December) then we'll call it quits. We won't prevent, but we won't try either. I like the idea of having some kind of ending in sight.

Nore, we did have a kitty(Not really ours, more like my parents in law cat, but we live with them currently), but he was very naughty, unfortunately he liked to walk around the neighborhood, actually thats how we got him, he pitched at the house one day and we decided to keep him. Because of his bad habits he got hit by a car :( we decided no more cats. Also, I have never heard of testing your PH down there, I think it also differs, depending on your diet(or so it makes sense to me)

Belle, definately thinking of getting a second pup. I just cant wait for the next few weeks to go by so I can get her. In the meanwhile I will get her things ready for her when she comes home. I can tell already, she is going to be a very spoiled doggy. She is a mixed breed between a poodle and scottish terrier, so doubt she will get very big, but I like smaller doggies though.

DH and I will have to take a break in March from TTC, I have my final exams in November and I cant risk having a baby on the same time I have exams.

Sometimes, I wish I just knew how long we need to wait still, like having a date as to when its going to happen, atleast then I dont have to waste money on HPTs and just test when the time is right. I dont want to think about a childfree life...that scares me, as both DH and I really badly want children. Adoption is not an option for us, I know it sounds cruel, but thats just how I feel.

Nita I think it's too soon for you to consider childfree, you just started ovulating!! Woo hoo!!

For me it's more just that I'm considering at this time what treatments I want and don't want, what I can or can't live with. My answer might change over the next year. I do still want children. I'm more just accepting that my life could be full and rewarding either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->