Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Its almost like we are TTC for the first month :haha:

I had AF cramps this morning, with a teeny tiny bit of spotting, some stretchy CM and my CP is very low and slightly open. All signs leading to AF.. Still havent heard back from my doctor, so they can expect a very upsetting call from me on Monday. If AF shows Sunday, then I would need my Clomid before Wednesday.

Belle, will you be trying anything new this cycle, apart from the Femara?

Just my regular supplements and healthy living lifestyle. I started using Ovaboost about a week ago. It's supposed to support egg quality.

Great, FX that it works for you. You looked so chilled in the TWW though, atleast you didnt have to wait too long to try again. Really hoping this gives you the boost you need.

Thanks Nita. I've had several TWWs already. I used to freak out and symptom spot like crazy. Then I realized it's easier just to forget about it as much as possible. I don't really expect to be pregnant anymore, so it's easy not to get worked up during the TWW.

With my short cycles I never have to wait too long for anything.

I'm still rooting for you and hoping you'll get your BFP this cycle!

Thanks Belle. Really appreciate it :hugs:

I can just imagine your frustration, of doing it month after month. :(

And now, I just want to vent a bit, if thats ok. I am planning a small get together for DHs Birthday for next weekend, en his pregnant friend is coming. I am not sure I can handle it, I dont want to be rude, its not her fault I am strugling TTC, but I just dont want to hear her stories the whole day :(

Saw my RE today. Was supposed to go in on Tuesday but they had to reschedule me. Was rushing around trying to get all my records faxed over but made it happen!

Summary of the appt:

- Try naturally 2 more months (not technically "infertile" until 1 full year of trying). HSG I had last month could increase fertility. In 2 months will be dx with unexplained infertility if not pregnant.
- Still considered "young" in their eyes.
- If still not pregnant in 2 months do 3-4 rounds of clomid + IUI. Then IVF.
- 60-70% chance of success with 1 round of IVF.
- symptoms not really indicative of endo and even if I had endo it is probably early stages given my age and surgery wouldn't change my chances much.

He sent in my script for clomid and gave me the semen collection cup and told me it's up to us but he thinks we should try a couple more months. He said he thinks we just haven't gotten lucky yet. I think we will try this cycle and next then start IUI in March if we need to.

So I stumbled on something interesting today that I thought I should share here in the off chance it helps any of you. I feel like I have heard this before, but it didn't really click until now. I might try a gluten free diet! What have I got to lose right? Lol. https://kellybroganmd.com/gluten-got-baby-gluten-causing-infertility/

Joy, that sounds very promising, it also sounds like your RE is positive that you will get pregnant.

Thanks, Nita. It's good to have a plan and I'm feeling a little more hopeful myself. I hope your husband's friend doesn't say anything to upset you. I know how hard it can be to be around pregnant women...being a teacher of young children it seems that I'm constantly around pregnant women (parents of students and my co-workers).

Lucy - I tried gluten free for 1 month a month or so ago. I didn't notice a difference in how I felt and decided I probably don't have a gluten intolerance and stopped. One of my best friends who was diagnosed with unexplained infertility tried it for several months after her doctor suggested it. She got pregnant but sadly miscarried. She tried it again several more months and didn't get pregnant. She ended up doing IVF and got pregnant on the first try.

Guys, I don't know what to do. I found out last night that my DH has never actually quit smoking weed (not surprised). He was supposed to have quit in December so that we could have a fair shot this cycle with femara. I caught him last night with supposedly his very last joint. I really do believe his habit is the reason we can't get pregnant.

Now I don't know if I want to start tomorrow or not. Should I believe him that this time he's actually quit and therefore take a break for a month and try again next cycle with femara? Or should I just accept that he's never actually going to quit, do the femara (because it probably wasn't going to work anyway) and then be done with it? I'm also so friggen angry that I don't even want to look at him, much less BD with him.

Oh Belle, my heart breaks to read your post. I remember you saying that he did quit a while ago... Its horrible to find out that he hasnt. I agree with you, the weed does lower your chances.

This is what I do with DHs drinking habits, dont know if it will give you an answer or even help you. But the first 2 cycles on Clomid, my agreement was that if he stops drinking alcohol from CD1-5 then I take the Clomid, so that neither of us dont waste our time, and he did it because he really wants a baby. Cycle 3 is just dumb luck, both drank alcohol because we believed it wont work. And I had this conversation with DH this morning again, i get the side effe ts from 150mg pretty bad, and the way I am going through it again, is if he commits from his side as well, so we will see. If he really stopped then I would go ahead with Femara.

Afm - end of CD27 and 14 or possibly 13 dpo, no AF, no Spotting, just mild cramping. Im not testing, i cant handle another BFN. FF predicts AF will start tomorow....so we will see.

Thanks Nita, that does help.

I really hope that AF doesn't show for you.

Did your husband's bday happen already? I was thinking about how to handle that situation with the pregnant friend. I have actively avoided pregnant friends for that reason.

I would say you don't have to feel obligated to listen to her stories. If you do have a friend who knows maybe you could buddy up with them and have them change the conversation for you, DH could do the same. If you need a break you could suddenly have to run to the kitchen for something. You can't univite her, but you don't need to indulge her either

Luckily its only next week Saturday, so I have time to prepare myself. I will be the host, so making the excuse of having to run to the kitchen to check on something is a very good idea. THANK YOU! I havent spoken to DH about this, because he is really happy to see her again. There will only be 2 other ladies apart from the pregnant friend. The one I have never met before, so I might be asking her a lot about herself to keep the conversation going about her, and the other one is very young and we dont get along that well, she is still very immature.

I however really hope your DH comes to the point of quitting weed, does he only smoke it casually or is he badly addicted? Sorry I dont know too much about weed and how addicted it is lol. I asked DH and he just said, smoked it once and it was horrible, so never again

Belle I'm so sorry to hear that your DH hasn't been honest with you. I can imagine how upset you are. The good news is that despite his continual use he had a normal SA. I think you should still try the Femara if it's inexpensive.

Speaking of smoke, our neighbor chain smokes and it's been seeping into our apartment. It's been so horrible the last couple months that we've been complaining to management. I sent an email last night after coming home and getting a headache from the second hand smoke. Even my hair smelled like it. Well, this morning they moved out! Today I googled second hand smoke and infertility and there is a very clear correlation. One study showed that women undergoing IVF and smoked had a 19% success rate, women who lived with a smoker had a 20% success rate while non-smokers who were not exposed to second hand smoke had a 55% success rate. We move into our new house at the beginning of March. Maybe I'll get pregnant then! (Or now that the smoker is gone)!

Thanks Ask, I know I need to try to keep it in perspective as his use is fairly minimal (from what he says, who knows). But it's just so hard with unexplained, there is so much outside of your control, but this is one factor that we can control! I'm just very hurt by his continued lying.

Second hand smoke is pretty awful! I'm very excited to hear that you have a move coming up! It also sounds like your appt. with your RE went well. That's great that he still thinks it's worthwhile to continue trying naturally for a couple more cycles!

I read one doc online say that a couple shouldn't really be considered infertile until they have been trying for 2 years. We are probably just sub-fertile, which blows

Omw!! I am shocked to read about the second hand smoke. Nobody at home smokes, thank goodness, but half the people I work with smoke, and i am exposed to it for most of my working day. I never really thought about it influencing fertility. Glad to hear about the smoker moving away, heres to hoping with him away you will be able to conceive :D

We aren't going to try this month. I'm not going to track anything, or take femara. We won't prevent but I need a break from all of this. Not trying.

DH is smoking up the last of his weed today. If he can stay clean and stick with it I will consider femara next cycle. If not then I dunno. I'm just done with this and need a break

I understand needing a break, Belle. After three failed cycles on clomid DH and I both smoked a little of the green stuff. I figure one time isn't going to change much at this point. We decided it was a one time thing and definitely won't continue. I feel good about trying on our own a couple more cycles before doing any ART.

Belle, I am sending lots of hugs your way, it sounds like you need it. I totally get that you want to take a break, I hope it works for you.

Ask, so happy to hear you get to try more cycles on your own, its only a matter of time before you get your BFP.

FX for you onearth :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->