Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Sounds like you are going to get your BFP soon Norelisa.

I was thinking of asking my doctor tomorow (if she agrees to let me stay on clomid for a few more months) if we can do trigger as well, but then I will need to check my tubes as well and DH needs to get his SA done. But I will do one more cycle on just clomid, then in March take a break and in April do clomid and trigger (gives us enough time to get the HSG and SA done.)

Very nervous to see my doctor while on AF :(

You should ask for it if you think you need it.

Its not bad, a pinch and done. ( less than getting your ears pierced) I did mine while on a bike ride!

Morning ladies, an update after my doctors appointment. My doctor agreed to 3 more rounds on Clomid. She warned me that Clomid can make me O one month and not the next, so I should not be too excited that I will O this next month (feel like I am back at square one). We just need to BD a lot and hope. Since we now know I can O, the Ovarian drilling will not be done. DH need to do his SA in 3 weeks time. If I am not Pregnant after 3 ovulatory cycles then we need to check my tubes. We wont be doing the trigger for now. Oh and I had an U/s - my ovaries looks good :)

Just in general, she warned me to stay away from generic fertility meds - recent studies show that the generic does not work as good as the real deal. I don't know if it's true or not, but it's worth a mention.

Just in general, she warned me to stay away from generic fertility meds - recent studies show that the generic does not work as good as the real deal. I don't know if it's true or not, but it's worth a mention.

Id say thats bologna. ( IMO). She also cant say what your insurance will or wont cover. MANY only cover the generic.

Been to the fertility clinic. CD 2, u/s showed many eggs. Will start clomid tonight, so that my lining hopefully will be thick enough. Will take twice a day on Dr recommendation, 50 mg morning and 50 mg night. Next appointment on Jan 5(Sunday). He couldn't confirm yet, but likely my uterus is normal and not acruate as they suspected during the xray.

He was impressed with my fertility friend app, haha, not that common in Thailand! Got recommended to take vitamin e for the lining, I also could have gotten some injections but let's keep that for next round if the lining proves to be thin next u/s. We've got approx 16,6 % chance with hubbys low morphology. Hubby will go back on Sunday for another SA. I'll go and buy vit e (800 units) and start my "anti sinus infection -effort" too. Planning to take vitamin c and do daily nasal flushes for prevention..

Been to the fertility clinic. CD 2, u/s showed many eggs. Will start clomid tonight, so that my lining hopefully will be thick enough. Will take twice a day on Dr recommendation, 50 mg morning and 50 mg night. Next appointment on Jan 5(Sunday). He couldn't confirm yet, but likely my uterus is normal and not acruate as they suspected during the xray.

He was impressed with my fertility friend app, haha, not that common in Thailand! Got recommended to take vitamin e for the lining, I also could have gotten some injections but let's keep that for next round if the lining proves to be thin next u/s. We've got approx 16,6 % chance with hubbys low morphology. Hubby will go back on Sunday for another SA. I'll go and buy vit e (800 units) and start my "anti sinus infection -effort" too. Planning to take vitamin c and do daily nasal flushes for prevention..

hm,, im interested in hearing about Vit E and lining!

Norelisa thats sounds great, really sounds like the fertility clinic knows what they are doing. We are Clomid buddies - I am also starting to take mine tonight :happydance: Hope you dont get a sinus infection again.

I went to see a dietitian this morning, and well, as expected, I need to lose some weight :haha: and my eating pattern is very wrong. I am on a detox for a week, only allowed to eat fruit, veggies, crackerbreak, fish, chicken and drink water. I know healthy eating and excercise and weightloss are all factors that can influence how Clomid works. I am hoping with this attempt that it will make my chances bigger for Clomid to work again. It's probably also better for pregnancy if I start to eat healthy now :thumbup:

hm,, im interested in hearing about Vit E and lining!
My Dr was talking about this study, as I knew I had a thinner lining when on Clomid. I think this link is the one he talked about. I managed to find natural vitamin E and not synthetic.

https://natural-fertility-info.com/vitamin-e-essential-to-improve-fertility.html

(Obviously next appointment on Feb 5 and not Jan 5..)

Norelisa thats sounds great, really sounds like the fertility clinic knows what they are doing. We are Clomid buddies - I am also starting to take mine tonight :happydance: Hope you dont get a sinus infection again.

I went to see a dietitian this morning, and well, as expected, I need to lose some weight :haha: and my eating pattern is very wrong. I am on a detox for a week, only allowed to eat fruit, veggies, crackerbreak, fish, chicken and drink water. I know healthy eating and excercise and weightloss are all factors that can influence how Clomid works. I am hoping with this attempt that it will make my chances bigger for Clomid to work again. It's probably also better for pregnancy if I start to eat healthy now :thumbup:

Clomid buddies :hugs: woop woop!!

Ouf, diet yeah.. I've been trying for the past couple of days to note everything I eat, in two categories, healthy and unhealthy.. Not fun, but guess it's good to make small changes in the right direction, it's good for fertility but it's also good for us, right? :)

Since this morning my nose and throat have started acting up, though I'm afraid it will continue into another sinus infection.. Sleeping with a scarf and air con tonight, haha. Already done two nasal flushes with home made saline solution.. First try came out wrong, haha, two times top much salt and baking soda.. Had to add extra water for second round..

Norelisa, its horrible that you get the sinus infection, perhaps you should have tried Femara, but its too late now, lol. Just hang in there, if you get your BFP it will be worth it.

Do you have any other Clomid side effects so far? I woke up very thirsty, lol. The headaches and hot flushes only started after 2 days last month.

Norelisa, its horrible that you get the sinus infection, perhaps you should have tried Femara, but its too late now, lol. Just hang in there, if you get your BFP it will be worth it.

Do you have any other Clomid side effects so far? I woke up very thirsty, lol. The headaches and hot flushes only started after 2 days last month.

Well, Femara is not common here and hence expensive.. As my sore throat and achy nose started before the Clomid I guess I cannot blame clomid unless it turns into a full blown sinus infection.

Managed to sleepy with head elevated, so feeling a bit better this morning. Going to volunteer at the farmers market now, so I'll probably get myself a hot milk with honey when I get back home and plenty of water at the stand with the kittens :)

I haven't really had much of side effects besides sinus infections.. Then again, I might have hot flushes without realising. It's always 30+ Celsius here so not easy to tell :haha:

Ahh, I understand about Femara. Glad you are feeling better today. A farmers market sounds like fun :D

We are busy moving so everything is a mess here, we decided last minute last night to start to move, without anything really being packed.

I get the hot flushes during the night, thank goodness, lol. But I have to add, I only started getting them on 150mg.

Norelisa, how are you doing on Clomid?

I am having horrible side effects just like last month, except I had some blurred vision this morning, which I never had before. The worst is the hot flushes - DH likes to make fun of me when I tell him I have them.

So, DH's birthday was this weekend, and his pregnant friend didnt mention her pregnancy even once, But then DH started asking her questions, and that was though. She knows we have been trying for almost a year now, and when DH asked her how long they tried I could see she didnt want to answer as it would hurt me, but DH insisted to know and she said 6 weeks. :(

So my Ava says I am going to O today!! I hope it is right. We BD'ed this morning just in case. Fx!!

Nita it sounds like your DH's friend was trying to be gracious which is best case scenario. There are plenty of women who take only 6 weeks to get pregnant.... there are also plenty of women who take well over a year. You're in good company :) I like to remind myself of the stat that 95% of women are pregnant after 2 years ttc. Just because I wasn't in the 85% who got pregnant the first year doesn't mean I won't be able to get pregnant this next year. I probably won't REALLY be able to accept a diagnosis of infertility until its been 2 years LOL, denial's a powerful thing

I've been reading quite a bit about the effects of myo-inositol and melatonin on egg quality. Looks like the combination of the two is quite good at improving the quality of the follicles with greater numbers being retrieved during IVF cycles when compared to controls. The effect might not be great enough to make a difference during natural cycles, but who knows!

I'm sticking to my guns with not tracking, but I know I'm fertile right now anyway due to ewcm lol. DH and I will probably just BD the next 2 days anyway but I'm not going to bother getting my hopes up (or down) this month. I've checked out!

Belle, I could see she was very uncomfortable to talk about her pregnancy, and here I thought I was the one to be uncomfortable with it. Sad to think in a months timewe will also not be part of the 85% :( I really cant believe its almost been a year of this. FX for you this month, maybe your not trying and not preventing may work :)

Af was trying to hold on and stick around.... oy it was very trying but she is finally going away after 10+ DAYS!

I take Pregnitude Belle, which has Insitol ( not spelled right). I dont know if it has made a difference or not.

I am having horrible side effects just like last month, except I had some blurred vision this morning, which I never had before. The worst is the hot flushes - DH likes to make fun of me when I tell him I have them.

So, DH's birthday was this weekend, and his pregnant friend didnt mention her pregnancy even once, But then DH started asking her questions, and that was though. She knows we have been trying for almost a year now, and when DH asked her how long they tried I could see she didnt want to answer as it would hurt me, but DH insisted to know and she said 6 weeks. :(
Husbands, huh? Sometimes they don't understand anything!!

For me it is going well, got a bit of a chock yesterday when I realised that this time around I have not taken my clomid at the exact same time.. I have taken between 9-10 in the morning and around 7-8 at night.. realising a bit late that I should have paid attention and tried at least to take it same time and with 12h apart.. ah well.. I have managed so far not to get sick, which is great.. I sleep with my head elevated, a scarf and flush my nose everyday..

CD6 today and I went to get acupuncture.. I have a feeling I got a bit of a small burn as the nurse today didn't put as much protection as usual when they "light me up"..

Oh and the best part: I just received hubbys SA analysis, I had completely forgotten he did it on Sunday, and the results were better than expected!!
Count from 117 to 275 million!
Morphology from 3% to 5% !
.................and......................
MOTILITY; from 15% to 67 %!!
SIXTY SEVEN!!! 50% grade A(last time 10%)!! 17 % grade B(last time 5%).. :happydance::wohoo::wohoo:

So it finally paid of him stopping drinking so much and trying to take some of my supplements, haha :):happydance:

Thats Amazing Norelisa!!! I am going to show those figures to my DH - he still doesnt understand why he cant have his Beer and moans about it every night - now there's some proof. :happydance: However DH have been without alcohol from CD1 (today is CD8) except on his birthday he was allowed 1 drink :winkwink: and he have been taking his vitamins(still not everyday, but we are working on it :thumbup: )

Taking my last Clomids tonight - THANK GOODNESS. I remember why I said last month I don't want to take it again - horrible, horrible side effects.

today is also day 5 of my detox diet, have lost 700grams so far. But I regret doing it in same time as I take Clomid :nope:

Thats Amazing Norelisa!!! I am going to show those figures to my DH - he still doesnt understand why he cant have his Beer and moans about it every night - now there's some proof. :happydance: However DH have been without alcohol from CD1 (today is CD8) except on his birthday he was allowed 1 drink :winkwink: and he have been taking his vitamins(still not everyday, but we are working on it :thumbup: )

Taking my last Clomids tonight - THANK GOODNESS. I remember why I said last month I don't want to take it again - horrible, horrible side effects.

today is also day 5 of my detox diet, have lost 700grams so far. But I regret doing it in same time as I take Clomid :nope:

A little bit of "bad" news.. it takes time to give any effect on the sperm, as they take 2-3 months to develop - he kind of cut down from last August-ish, and now we can see the results (+ obviously he finally agreed to take the supplements I bought him for the past two months). But for sure the alcohol makes a big difference! He still drinks a little bit occasionally but no more getting home throwing up! haha.. :)

I am a bit worried about my lining.. so I read that it might be helpful with pomegranate juice. I couldn't find it here in Bangkok (only from concentrate) so I bought 4 pomegranates.. I think tomorrow I'll look up "how to eat pomegranate", as it was difficult to open.. it also tasted a bit sour, so I made a smoothie (milk+1 pomegranate seeds+honey+ice cubes). It was good:) But the stones from the seeds are big! And not tasty! haha:) For lining I also do Vit E, but not sure its enough.. ? What else can I do? I heard about bone broth, but tbh finding all kinds of ingredients here in BKK has turned out to be rather difficult, haha:)

Lol Norelisa, I know it takes time but DH on the other hand doesnt want to believe me that it can make a difference. We will be doing his SA next Sunday when I do my CD21 bloodtest, so we will then find out what his Spermcount is. With my luck it will be perfect, and all the blame comes to my side for not being pregnant. I just know if his SA comes back normal he is going to drink beer again.....sigh

We have a schedule for this month (hopefully I will O again). I should be entering my fertile window (if I O on CD14 again) from Saturday, so BD Saturday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. I hope it works, if we fail this month we will be officialy entering year 2 of TTC :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->